Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

I like it. I was hoping more folks would utilize world maps after I posted my tutorial.

Seems kind of strange that the snow line just stops at the border. I feel like there would be a little bit of spill over into Silvatica and Azalia.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurrah! Now, things will make more sense!

:D

I like it. I was hoping more folks would utilize world maps after I posted my tutorial.

Seems kind of strange that the snow line just stops at the border. I feel like there would be a little bit of spill over into Silvatica and Azalia.

Well thanks to your tutorial, it motivated me to make a world map because it was very simple to incorporate. I can take your suggestion and implement it. It does make sense of course lol.

Notes from playing to the start of Chapter 3. \o/ A good game! I was very interested in the game itself, I just kind of got tired of playing FE in general because of how much I've played in the last few days. :x

Most of this is annoyances with text, though

Tero's fully-open not-smiling talk frame has a skin-tone-3 pixel next to where his chin? falls magically change into a skin-tone-2 pixel which makes me cringe every time I notice

Vadir's chin goes from 3 to 2 to 4 pixels wide so it looks really awkward to me

Text had TONS of odd words--For example, in the introduction, "Kingdom after kingdom were". It should be "Kingdom after kingdom was" or "Kingdoms were".

In end of chapter one "Let us worry about our own doorstop for the moment", should be doorstep

"What Silvantica did went beyond the simple skirmish"... the should be a, unless you use "the simple skirmish you were part of".

Same converstation, "how are we suppose to defend" -> supposed is correct

Ragnar says conscious. He should say "conscience".

"You'll not have access to any large force.

Nor will you have access to the Dragoon unit."

These should be 1 sentence, separated by a comma.

"Azalia needs every able bodied soldier" should be "able-bodied"

"... heavy burden which you bare" should be "heavy burden that you bear".

When King Urien's mouth finishes opening, a skin-tone-1 pixel on his lip changes to skin-tone-2, which doesn't happen in any canon FE sprite nor any sprite of similar angle I've seen. Looked very very weird to me.

Following that dialogue, the enemy leader says "And if they struggle snap the necks"-- there NEEDS to be a comma after struggle.

I hate how the enemies have already sortied very near the party but they cannot see the enemies. :/

And, it's almost tradition, green unit running through red ranks.

But... there are gaps in the red ranks. Couldn't you have her weave through them? :(

I feel like Vidar should say "We knights of Azalia are made of sterner stuff", not "made of tough stuff". Perhaps "some tough customers"?

I dunno, "made of tough stuff" feels wrong.

"The fact their weapon doesn't leave their side". Red text! Cool.

I don't get it.

On the other hand, the "if they leave us unharmed" makes me feel semi-confident that they'll not move.

"Excellently handled men" should have a comma after excellently. Otherwise it seems like Excellently is being used as an adjective to handled men.

:@

"with women as strong willed as" should be "strong-willed"

The fact that a number of the citizen!soldiers have ranged attacks bothers me given the first red text.

Another way to tell the Citizen!Soldiers apart is that they all are at the end of the enemy list. :V

-End text nitpicks-

Personal nitpick: The protagonist is clearly an experienced soldier based on the dialogue

And is level one.

This... bothers me every time I see it. Could you not at least make him level 2, to show that he has at least some amount of experience?

Unfortunately for me and the ability to write things, I had to go do a ton of things and got myself very distracted so I lost a lot of the time I was originally planning on using to play and review this wonderfully persistent game.

DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY (has more text nitpicks)

GOD I LOVE THE FE8 MUSIC

I have to ask, since some of the tracks are really familiar... will they have their original names in the Sound Test? Or better yet, could you put a list of music you inserted?

Gotta say that I'm kind of saddened by the Lord and two Cavalier setup. It's so... classic Fire Emblem.

Okay, I have to ask: Why do the Archers have B RANKS in bows at level 1?

If you set the units to autolevel (even if their level is 1), then the game gives them weapon rank enough to wield the weapon they have.

Okay, now that I've played through more of this chapter, I can understand why the civilian soldiers were given ranged weapons, but it is still very frustrating to me.

I swear if the three soldiers in the bottom left with 18 hp and iron lances are civilians

I so angry because I think they are but they're blocking me from the house

I have to use savestate to check the house dialogue :@

Boss of this chapter; dialogue error: "Would you like me to remove?"

Remove what? T_T

Also Ragnar's taunts are damn nice.

"Greeting, King Urien", should reaaaally be greetings

There is a text skip. "Yet that little code only goes / so far before a person is forced / to show their true colors, no?"

Please do... anything about it.

I'm just curious: For the gold, how much gold is each civvie worth? :V

At the end of Donwik's chapter, when you kill the boss, the generic says "The commanders dead?", should be "commander's" iirc but somebody more vetted than I should check that

However, I know that the next line, "Men retreat" should have a comma after men.

Donwik says "You can intrude while a bathe for all I care", should be "while I"...

Ragnar says "Perhaps that was true some nights ago... made it so with that seemed to be little", should be "what" instead of "that"

"out of reach of the nobles claws" should be "noble's" or "nobles'" or "nobles's" (yes really)

Kai says "The honors all mine", should be "honor's".

Ch 3 opening

"The gates open", should be "gate's".

Lastly, since you're using a Soldier!Lord, can I recommend installing a less choppy animation? I recall one existing but I can't find it now.

I suppose I could try and make one myself. I'll go mess around with it right now, actually.

Edited by Eliwan

Notes from playing to the start of Chapter 3. \o/ A good game! I was very interested in the game itself, I just kind of got tired of playing FE in general because of how much I've played in the last few days. :xMost of this is annoyances with text, though

Tero's fully-open not-smiling talk frame has a skin-tone-3 pixel next to where his chin? falls magically change into a skin-tone-2 pixel which makes me cringe every time I noticeVadir's chin goes from 3 to 2 to 4 pixels wide so it looks really awkward to meText had TONS of odd words--For example, in the introduction, "Kingdom after kingdom were". It should be "Kingdom after kingdom was" or "Kingdoms were".In end of chapter one "Let us worry about our own doorstop for the moment", should be doorstep"What Silvantica did went beyond the simple skirmish"... the should be a, unless you use "the simple skirmish you were part of".Same converstation, "how are we suppose to defend" -> supposed is correctRagnar says conscious. He should say "conscience"."You'll not have access to any large force.Nor will you have access to the Dragoon unit."These should be 1 sentence, separated by a comma."Azalia needs every able bodied soldier" should be "able-bodied""... heavy burden which you bare" should be "heavy burden that you bear".When King Urien's mouth finishes opening, a skin-tone-1 pixel on his lip changes to skin-tone-2, which doesn't happen in any canon FE sprite nor any sprite of similar angle I've seen. Looked very very weird to me.Following that dialogue, the enemy leader says "And if they struggle snap the necks"-- there NEEDS to be a comma after struggle.I hate how the enemies have already sortied very near the party but they cannot see the enemies. :/And, it's almost tradition, green unit running through red ranks.But... there are gaps in the red ranks. Couldn't you have her weave through them? :(I feel like Vidar should say "We knights of Azalia are made of sterner stuff", not "made of tough stuff". Perhaps "some tough customers"?I dunno, "made of tough stuff" feels wrong."The fact their weapon doesn't leave their side". Red text! Cool.I don't get it.On the other hand, the "if they leave us unharmed" makes me feel semi-confident that they'll not move."Excellently handled men" should have a comma after excellently. Otherwise it seems like Excellently is being used as an adjective to handled men.:@"with women as strong willed as" should be "strong-willed"The fact that a number of the citizen!soldiers have ranged attacks bothers me given the first red text.Another way to tell the Citizen!Soldiers apart is that they all are at the end of the enemy list. :V-End text nitpicks-Personal nitpick: The protagonist is clearly an experienced soldier based on the dialogueAnd is level one.This... bothers me every time I see it. Could you not at least make him level 2, to show that he has at least some amount of experience?Unfortunately for me and the ability to write things, I had to go do a ton of things and got myself very distracted so I lost a lot of the time I was originally planning on using to play and review this wonderfully persistent game.DAWN OF THE SECOND DAY (has more text nitpicks)GOD I LOVE THE FE8 MUSICI have to ask, since some of the tracks are really familiar... will they have their original names in the Sound Test? Or better yet, could you put a list of music you inserted?Gotta say that I'm kind of saddened by the Lord and two Cavalier setup. It's so... classic Fire Emblem.Okay, I have to ask: Why do the Archers have B RANKS in bows at level 1?If you set the units to autolevel (even if their level is 1), then the game gives them weapon rank enough to wield the weapon they have.Okay, now that I've played through more of this chapter, I can understand why the civilian soldiers were given ranged weapons, but it is still very frustrating to me.I swear if the three soldiers in the bottom left with 18 hp and iron lances are civiliansI so angry because I think they are but they're blocking me from the houseI have to use savestate to check the house dialogue :@Boss of this chapter; dialogue error: "Would you like me to remove?"Remove what? T_TAlso Ragnar's taunts are damn nice."Greeting, King Urien", should reaaaally be greetingsThere is a text skip. "Yet that little code only goes / so far before a person is forced / to show their true colors, no?"Please do... anything about it.I'm just curious: For the gold, how much gold is each civvie worth? :VAt the end of Donwik's chapter, when you kill the boss, the generic says "The commanders dead?", should be "commander's" iirc but somebody more vetted than I should check thatHowever, I know that the next line, "Men retreat" should have a comma after men.Donwik says "You can intrude while a bathe for all I care", should be "while I"...Ragnar says "Perhaps that was true some nights ago... made it so with that seemed to be little", should be "what" instead of "that""out of reach of the nobles claws" should be "noble's" or "nobles'" or "nobles's" (yes really)Kai says "The honors all mine", should be "honor's".Ch 3 opening"The gates open", should be "gate's".

Lastly, since you're using a Soldier!Lord, can I recommend installing a less choppy animation? I recall one existing but I can't find it now.I suppose I could try and make one myself. I'll go mess around with it right now, actually.

Thanks for the comments/critique.

Most of the text errors have been taken care of but some didn't make sense to me. For example, "what Silvatica did went beyond a simple skirmish", it works both ways with a or the because when you say it with "a" you simply describing the skirmish as simple. But with "the", it can refer to a stereotype or the typical skirmish that would occur so in a sense they both work. As for the portraits, I have no idea what you're talking about. I'll have Kon check it when she gets the chance but it seems fine to me.

I didn't know about auto level at the time so I will incorporate them.

With the civilians in chapter 1, I will change one thing that TheMoniker had pointed out that you will have a talk to make them leave the map. I understand it needs improvement.

Ragnar will stay the same because there with well distributed experience, he'll reach level 15 on average. So making him level two is not gonna happen.

However I do want an animation for Ragnar but I don't have the resource to get that rolling. I also want a custom map sprite for him as well similar to Thracia's soldier.

There are much more improvements that are in place as we speak. Expect ten times the improvement from the patch now.

Appreciate your time.

Tero's fully-open not-smiling talk frame has a skin-tone-3 pixel next to where his chin? falls magically change into a skin-tone-2 pixel which makes me cringe every time I notice

Vadir's chin goes from 3 to 2 to 4 pixels wide so it looks really awkward to me

Oh, those are easy fixes~

I plan on reworking most if not all of the sprites in the hack though, so I wouldn't worry too much about nitpicking for now ~o3o~

I visited it with someone else and still got it.

Oh yeah, that's right. I did it as such that anyone who visits it still gets the side chapter. However when you visit it with Mil, you get a better item. Obviously, Mil has to be alive to get that item and to be able to go to that side chapter.

you get no item for visiting with other character(s).

It would be nice to get a clue about this, and if there were more suspense/pressure in the chapter so that reaching the village were more than an inevitability. Fewer turn counts?

Will keep a note of that. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello !

Great work man, you did a great job with this hack !

The difficulty is high sometimes but if you're carefull then it's okay.

Just finished the first part with Ragnar (did not like this guy personally plus he was weak in my run) and it's all good, the story is quite good, your characters are well done.

My Ragnar was a normal uni,t, fuckin weak early game buthe is later a soldier who can make a difference for sure (lvl 18 all his stats were 14 or 13)

Abner was a monster (14 str 17 skill 20 speed lvl 20)

Iivari was a god (i love the sprit and ) lvl 20 he capped his skill and speed, 16 str and 13 def and i didnt use items on him, hope i can have him back in the second part rofl x), and the rest of the team was decent.

Part 2 here i come !

Edited by zangiefator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this hack still on going or a "dead" one?

I must say this was a greatest hack on GBA with a SUPER AWESOME STORY!!!

I play this game since 2013 (when i still use my symbian phone) and i was very very excited when i follow it's story until end on Ragnar's Story... :awesome:

#sorry for my bad english :D:

Edited by Bito

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by ghast, November 11, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by ghast, November 11, 2015 - No reason given

My units at end of chapter 10 and by the way I think vidar should be promoted into great knight instead of a paladin with stats like this.

• 4 months later...

Wow been a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time.

Sorry for the MIA everyone. Been hit with Life hard but in a good way. Graduating this semester, got a full time job offer, moving to a new state soon, etc.

Crazy crazy busy schedule.

I have been thinking about this from time to time and I still would like to see if I can get some time to work on it. However due to my schedule, I won't have that much time to work on it as I would like. I've been from the longest time to see if I can get some support to help me and get a team so this project can take off. I know that it's a lot of work and all but if there are enough fans to support this, I will deft make the time to see if I can continue on with this project.

As of now, it's on hiatus until I can get some support. Otherwise, it can be close to being dead (hate to say since time and effort has been put into this).

I thank to all who has been supporting from day one and who's been liking this project and to all of those who have contribute to this project. I couldn't have made it far without the help and support of my FE project fans.

I will be on from time to time if you would like to get in touch through PM or here. Thanks for hearing me out guys.

oh my god NYZ is back! Kinda.

I hope you can find a team though. What sort of members do you need exactly? Maybe if you specified, people with those skills can call ya?