Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring back purple haired Ragnar! ;)

I look forward to seeing the next release - I enjoyed the direction that Death or Glory was going, and my only really quibbles with it were the fact that the number of enemies + reinforcements made the gameplay into a slog in later chapters. I think the supporting cast (Esp. Tero and Vidar) were well done, even.

Thank you!

I took your advice on chapter 7 and the map will be smaller so thank you for that lol.

Sweet, sounds great! Sorry for wasting your time then! Looking forward to the future updates!

You're not wasting anyone's time! I can't wait to see the LP :)

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy playing this hack! I've replayed it twice now,here are some things that you might or should fix :
1. the WEIGHT OF STEEL SPEAR is too high (13) it should be lowered down a little as Steel Axes too have 13 weight
2.Donwik...is really underwhelming,his base stats needs to be buffed,especially defense (11 for a 4 move unit?),his high def growth and low base def could not keep up with the rest
3.the ''nanbanfu'' in ragnar's story is a bit too much,1 is reasonable enough,as we only have 1 axe unit,so reduce the giving outs of nanbanfu(swordreaver)P.S.u gave 2
4.i would suggest making knight,archer and nomad's class power to 2 for their compensation of not keeping up
5.may i suggest increasing the hp of the king in the chapter which guntram was protecting him?he sometimes dies due to RNG
6.let enemies in ragnar's story to have potions or elixirs to steal,abner really have little usage in the first story except for opening chests
7.the nomad should have some stats buff again for his high level,or make him join earlier in the second story might help

I really enjoy playing this hack! I've replayed it twice now,here are some things that you might or should fix :

1. the WEIGHT OF STEEL SPEAR is too high (13) it should be lowered down a little as Steel Axes too have 13 weight

2.Donwik...is really underwhelming,his base stats needs to be buffed,especially defense (11 for a 4 move unit?),his high def growth and low base def could not keep up with the rest

3.the ''nanbanfu'' in ragnar's story is a bit too much,1 is reasonable enough,as we only have 1 axe unit,so reduce the giving outs of nanbanfu(swordreaver)P.S.u gave 2

4.i would suggest making knight,archer and nomad's class power to 2 for their compensation of not keeping up

5.may i suggest increasing the hp of the king in the chapter which guntram was protecting him?he sometimes dies due to RNG

6.let enemies in ragnar's story to have potions or elixirs to steal,abner really have little usage in the first story except for opening chests

7.the nomad should have some stats buff again for his high level,or make him join earlier in the second story might help

I disagree with a couple of your points.

Donwik is a decent, if unremarkable wall. He serves his purpose.

Both Nanbanfus are extremely necessary, given the number of enemies plus the fact that Agro is the workhorse of the early story, not to mention fact that purchasable weapons are so spaced out.

Yeah, but you don't need 50 uses in total. I usually just sell the lower use one for money because I know I'm not going to go through both of them, and even them I have quite a bit left of the second. Plus, Khanjars are quite common and Agro has no trouble against them. I'd much rather have a second Naginata drop in Ch7 so that my lance users can fight back against Khanjar users.

And while I'm here, NYZ, the Short Spear's Mt is too high. They have 9 Mt while the Spear has 10; they're disproportionately powerful for their rank.

Thanks for the advice guys. All of them will be taken to consideration and will be implemented if necessary. As of now, I am reworking the hack so it gets better than what it is now

I disagree with a couple of your points.

Donwik is a decent, if unremarkable wall. He serves his purpose.

Both Nanbanfus are extremely necessary, given the number of enemies plus the fact that Agro is the workhorse of the early story, not to mention fact that purchasable weapons are so spaced out.

The main reason why i think donwik is underwhelming is because of the huge maps in ragnar's story, his slow start and movement doesnt help...

Or I'm just really confused as the female knight in gid's story has better base stats than donwik.Which he established himself as a sort of secondary main character in the story and kinda strong story-wise

When I first tried this rom hack in v1.0 I found a couple of maps very tedious(old chapter 2,3, and 7). I like some of the improvements you did to those said maps in v2.0. Chapter 2 and 3 changes were good ones. I also like how you made Kai and Agro controllable before recruiting Donwik. Made it alot easier to defense the base while rushing with the rest of the troops.

Other people already said my complaints about chapter 7.

Is there any reason you choose for chapter 10 enemy units to not give exp?

I also appericate the amount of gold/items/shops you have out. Allows the player to not worry about gear too much.

Keep up the good work. I look foward to the future patches you do here.

The main reason why i think donwik is underwhelming is because of the huge maps in ragnar's story, his slow start and movement doesnt help...

Or I'm just really confused as the female knight in gid's story has better base stats than donwik.Which he established himself as a sort of secondary main character in the story and kinda strong story-wise

There will be no more huge maps anymore. I made all the tedious maps a lot smaller than they currently are so for Donwik, it should be no problem.

When I first tried this rom hack in v1.0 I found a couple of maps very tedious(old chapter 2,3, and 7). I like some of the improvements you did to those said maps in v2.0. Chapter 2 and 3 changes were good ones. I also like how you made Kai and Agro controllable before recruiting Donwik. Made it alot easier to defense the base while rushing with the rest of the troops.

Other people already said my complaints about chapter 7.

Is there any reason you choose for chapter 10 enemy units to not give exp?

I also appericate the amount of gold/items/shops you have out. Allows the player to not worry about gear too much.

Keep up the good work. I look foward to the future patches you do here.

Thank you! Come around FEE3, the changes will be even better :)

There will be no more huge maps anymore. I made all the tedious maps a lot smaller than they currently are so for Donwik, it should be no problem.

Thank you! Come around FEE3, the changes will be even better :)

I really respect your dedication and how receptive you've been to people's opinions. You really are committed to putting forth the best game you could, and that's something to be praised.

I really respect your dedication and how receptive you've been to people's opinions. You really are committed to putting forth the best game you could, and that's something to be praised.

Thank you! I always do my best to improve if needs be. My creativity runs wild and I want to show people my creativity. There are a lot of things in progress right now so I cant wait to show to the community and the world.

Edited by NYZgamer3

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a while.

So here's a preview behind the scenes!

Brigand_zps73caeff6.png

Lots and lots of changes coming to this hack. I finally learned how to implement the MID2GBA method of inserting music so more on that later!

Thank you! :)

Credits: Aura for the map.

Little brother for the map sprite if you can spot it lol.

Edited by NYZgamer3

>Another axe user in Ragnar mode

Oh my god yes, this is just what we needed! (though I'll be disappointed if Ilvari got the boot)

Oh my god yes, this is just what we needed! (though I'll be disappointed if Ilvari got the boot)

No, Iivari is still in it.

Just a new character for you guys to play with! :)

Would be cool if we could get that added to the armored brigand animation in the feditor topic, maybe sometime after next DoG release?

Also, I've decided to LP this and TRTR simultaneously after FEE3. It'll be after I complete Manriklass, but that's literally almost done. :D

Indeed sir. Thank you!

Speaking of map sprites, are you thinking of putting in your Hawkzerker map sprite that you posted a long time ago?

Well it's been a while.

So here's a preview behind the scenes!

Brigand_zps73caeff6.png

Lots and lots of changes coming to this hack. I finally learned how to implement the MID2GBA method of inserting music so more on that later!

Thank you! :)

Credits: Aura for the map.

Little brother for the map sprite if you can spot it lol.

If you need any help arranging/editing music for Death or Glory, let me know.

Speaking of map sprites, are you thinking of putting in your Hawkzerker map sprite that you posted a long time ago?

Yes, I might do that for one character only tho. It's exclusively for this character only.

If you need any help arranging/editing music for Death or Glory, let me know.

Thank you, I will PM you about a couple of songs soon.