Fire Emblem: Death or Glory Version 2.5(12/28/2014) out!

NYZgamer3

>Another axe user in Ragnar mode

>Another axe user in Ragnar mode

Oh my god yes, this is just what we needed! (though I'll be disappointed if Ilvari got the boot)

Feh, Agro is such a godbeing I require no other axe user.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the look of the new changes! The old version of the hack was good, but definitely flawed. Also, in the new version, will the sidequests and final chapter give XP? I know that it was to, respectively, not imbalance the PCs power curve so taking sidequests would trivialize the game/not taking them would make it harder and to allow you to focus on combat rather than levels in the final chapters, but for 8x and chapter 10 in Ragnar mode, it just turned the chapters into very unrewarding experiences. I finished 8x with nothing but a few items and the promise of a future plot thread, after easily trivializing it by blocking all the stairs for 40 turns, because there was no reason not to! It wasn't fun. In chapter 10, having no exp in a chapter that was part of the main story and felt like you should have been gaining exp in(because, unless Ragnar's entire party gets slaughtered by the plot, you could have used those levels!) felt more like an excuse for the level to throw bazillions of enemies at you than anything else.

In short, the hack was great and I enjoyed most of it, but I don't support taking away all exp gain from side chapters and the ragnar finale(UNLESS the plot kills his entire party later, or something else makes them unusable).

I've got this bizarre glitch that I can't seem to fix in Chapter 1. Whenever I kill this soldier in the bottom left of the map, it gives me a game over. I've tried killing him with all of my available characters but just can't seem to get past this. Help please.

I've got this bizarre glitch that I can't seem to fix in Chapter 1. Whenever I kill this soldier in the bottom left of the map, it gives me a game over. I've tried killing him with all of my available characters but just can't seem to get past this. Help please.

You're not supposed to kill him. Did you pay attention to the dialogue text at the beginning?

It's because you're not supposed to kill him. There are several civilians that were forced to become soldiers for the Silvaticans in that chapter, so killing them is a no no. It's been a while since I last played, but I think the ones with really low HP and generally shitty stats are the ones you don't kill.

You're not supposed to kill him. Did you pay attention to the dialogue text at the beginning?

It's because you're not supposed to kill him. There are several civilians that were forced to become soldiers for the Silvaticans in that chapter, so killing them is a no no. It's been a while since I last played, but I think the ones with really low HP and generally shitty stats are the ones you don't kill.

Both of these are correct. However, I have changed it so the next patch won't be like that. If you kill one, it will lower the amount of gold you can receive in that chapter.

I like the look of the new changes! The old version of the hack was good, but definitely flawed. Also, in the new version, will the sidequests and final chapter give XP? I know that it was to, respectively, not imbalance the PCs power curve so taking sidequests would trivialize the game/not taking them would make it harder and to allow you to focus on combat rather than levels in the final chapters, but for 8x and chapter 10 in Ragnar mode, it just turned the chapters into very unrewarding experiences. I finished 8x with nothing but a few items and the promise of a future plot thread, after easily trivializing it by blocking all the stairs for 40 turns, because there was no reason not to! It wasn't fun. In chapter 10, having no exp in a chapter that was part of the main story and felt like you should have been gaining exp in(because, unless Ragnar's entire party gets slaughtered by the plot, you could have used those levels!) felt more like an excuse for the level to throw bazillions of enemies at you than anything else.

In short, the hack was great and I enjoyed most of it, but I don't support taking away all exp gain from side chapters and the ragnar finale(UNLESS the plot kills his entire party later, or something else makes them unusable).

Thank you for the critique/feedback. Chapter 8x and 10 will have exp now since I have a new character in it. And Rinoa healing exp has been lowered from 21 to 11.

While 21 was definitely too high I don't think it has to drop back down to 11, although I wouldn't go higher than 14-16 a pop.

Also the additional experience pleases me, since I get the impression Ragnar and co. will be gone for awhile.

While 21 was definitely too high I don't think it has to drop back down to 11, although I wouldn't go higher than 14-16 a pop.

Also the additional experience pleases me, since I get the impression Ragnar and co. will be gone for awhile.

Well, I can play around the with exp and see what suits better for Rinoa.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey NYZgamer3

First i have to say that i love your hack and is for me the best hack around so far and im excited what the future holds.

and then i have a question.
Have you ever thought about making unique sprites for some characters?
like in blazing sword Hawkeye,guy,raven or Legault who have all their unique look.
im not talking about animations or custom classes only the sprite.

Characters like Lycus,Ragnar,Drogan or Zidar
who have generic look Classes with helmets and things that look always the same.( only different colors) are not unqiue at all.
This dosent fit the potrait look and they always look like all other units with the same class.

Sry for my English ( its only my third language)

making reskins is a pretty big time sink, and if you're pressed for time, it's worth it to do something else imo. It's a hassle to try a make reskins that are so insignificant. For Ragnar I can sort of see it, but even so. It's annoying to do

Not too mention I'm reasonably sure that there's a limited amount of class spaces in a ROM, and if you edit a class to look unique, you also have to keep the old one.

I'm pretty sure you can just use an alternate animation slot, you don't need to eat up another whole class slot.

Hey NYZgamer3

First i have to say that i love your hack and is for me the best hack around so far and im excited what the future holds.

and then i have a question.

Have you ever thought about making unique sprites for some characters?

like in blazing sword Hawkeye,guy,raven or Legault who have all their unique look.

im not talking about animations or custom classes only the sprite.

Characters like Lycus,Ragnar,Drogan or Zidar

who have generic look Classes with helmets and things that look always the same.( only different colors) are not unqiue at all.

This dosent fit the potrait look and they always look like all other units with the same class.

Sry for my English ( its only my third language)

Thank you for the feedback/comments!

Zidar will have the hawkzerker animation so it's like a custom one anyways lol. As for the others, all the post referring to the sprites is true. It is a long process and I will not have the time to do those.

Edited by NYZgamer3

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

So FEE3 patch has been submitted and chapter 9 will be LPed. It is a completely revamped chapter with tons of new stuff.

Be sure to watch those changes in action on August 30th!

Now some screens:

FEE31_zpsaccd70f2.png1_zps3d0bb8a6.pngFEE34_zpse5031942.png

FEE32_zpsf5c66570.pngFEE35_zpsedaa8dcb.pngFEE33_zpsccb16be1.png

Wondering who's the new character? Just have to find out August 30th!

Thanks everyone :)

Credits to Nickt, Solum and GabrielKnight for graphics.