Best/Worst in the Series: Round 130

NinjaMonkey

Well, everybody defines archetypes wrong, then.

That's not how language works. If one person defines a word in a different way to everyone else, he's the wrong one. The vast majority of people define archetypes based on how units work as units rather than on their personality and history, and like it or not, the minority have to go along with that, because that's just how language works.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst: Karla. Not only is she awful, she also requires using one of the worst characters in the game just to recruit. Ugh.

Best: I say Rutger.

Well, everybody defines archetypes wrong, then.

This doesn't make sense to me, considering your own definition of archetypes has always changed to conform to your own view. And I've seen you do this in IP.Chat, too.

Edward is a Myrmidon to start

Who promotes into a Swordsmaster. Oh, and FE10!Stefan counts as well (before anybody asks).

the wiki does not state him as a notable SM.

What the Wiki states (or otherwise) is irrelevant as far as I, and this thread, are concerned. :smug:

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Best: Rutger

Worst: General Banzai

my definition of swordmaster is probably different from most others though

Edited by Mekkah

Best: Rutger

Worst: General Banzai

my definition of swordmaster is probably different from most others though

As long as you can back up your definition of an archetype to include General Banzai?

I'm pretty damn sure FE Archetypes are more gameplay oriented than whatever the fuck else.

I mean fuck not all Est characters are little pink-haired sissies on a flying horse and not all Jeigans are old men

I'm pretty damn sure FE Archetypes are more gameplay oriented than whatever the fuck else.

I mean fuck not all Est characters are little pink-haired sissies on a flying horse and not all Jeigans are old men

Then every one who's ever called those characters Jeigans or Est are wrong. So speaketh General Banzai

This doesn't make sense to me, considering your own definition of archetypes has always changed to conform to your own view. And I've seen you do this in IP.Chat, too.

My definition of what constitutes a specific archetype has changed; the process I use to determine archetypes has not.

That's why there's both a Jagen archetype and an Oifaye archetype. ...That even exists in a gameplay-based archetype. >.>

Edited by General Banzai

Worst: FE10 Zihark

Edward is mediocre and Lucia is a waste of resources, but Zihark will end up worse off than either of them if his chancey growths decide to smite you, take it from me. The support bonus was about the only thing I had keeping him alive in Part 4.

Then how the hell is he worse than Lucia. His growths are better, his bases are better, his joining time and long-term availability is much better. What does Lucia have over him? Hint: Nothing.

calm your tits Soul

My definition of what constitutes a specific archetype has changed; the process I use to determine archetypes has not.

Also doesn't make sense. Your process is finding general patterns between people across games- everyone else uses that process too. Not my point. You twist the definition of each archetype to suit whatever you find yourself agreeing with in the end, and whatever you want. Anything can be used as a general pattern, which means that archetypes are sorta bullshit.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

Then how the hell is he worse than Lucia. His growths are better, his bases are better, his joining time and long-term availability is much better. What does Lucia have over him? Hint: Nothing.

Technically Lucia's bases are better, actually. She wins everything. For his level, Z has better bases, but that doesn't mean much of anything. And Lucia's higher base level means she can be crown'd once she rejoins for no effort expended. She won't be good, but she'll double without much issue, and can be filler with a Silver Critforge. 'Tis something, atleast, that Z needs to be raised to match.

No I am not saying Lucia > Zihark. I am being contrary.

calm your tits Soul

STFU

Technically Lucia's bases are better, actually. She wins everything. For his level, Z has better bases, but that doesn't mean much of anything. And Lucia's higher base level means she can be crown'd once she rejoins for no effort expended. She won't be good, but she'll double without much issue, and can be filler with a Silver Critforge. 'Tis something, atleast, that Z needs to be raised to match.

No I am not saying Lucia > Zihark. I am being contrary.

Availability, mang. That is all.

I take it that you don't actually expect me to count this, right?

Considering nobody else voted Banzai I doubt it matters. As long as you count the Rutger vote I'm happy.

The problem is this:

Please vote for what YOU think is the best AND worst in the series for this round. Failure to vote for both will result in your vote not being counted.

So, if your vote for worst doesn't count, then your vote for best doesn't count either...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

Best- Shanan

Honorable mentions- fe10 Zihark&Mia , Rutger&Fir, Hat, Shiva, Ayra, and Edward

Worst-Karla

mentions- fe7 Karel, Marisa, fe9 Lucia,Shanam

Edited by The Insane One