Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen draft.

MacLovin

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized..........

the RNG put the 3 with grass starter avvys in a row.....

Excuse me, myself and Venusaur are more than just Avatars. We are identities.

...I feel so left out.

I don't even know who my badge is now... I'm guessing it's some PoR/RD character?

Edited by BigBangMeteor

...I feel so left out.

I don't even know who my badge is now... I'm guessing it's some PoR/RD character?

I believe it's Giffca

DAMMIT I GOT LEONARDO NOW :sob:

Edited by Helios

...I feel so left out.

003MS.pngemot-hf.gif254MS.png

Snivy will just have to give you one herself, three-way high fives just don't work

Your badge is Giffca, the Lion King's shadow and a certified badass.

So, there's going to be baby Snivys with sunny day/solarbeam soon?

Also, if he doesn't respond by saturday afternoon, I'm RNGing a pick

Edited by The Insane One

I've got two early pokes, sooooooooooooooo I'm off!

The Pokemon I have drafted:

Abra

Geodude

Kangaskhan

Tentacool

(TBD)

I think I'm going to make this pseudointeresting.

Chapter One: The First Chapter

This is Dumpy.

dumpyd.png

Say hello, Dumpy.

I couldn't think of a cooler name shut up don't judge me HEY LET'S GO ADVENTURING.

I picked Charmander as my starter. Now before you get all uppity and start shoving tier lists down my pants, let me explain myself: I picked Charmander because he is a low-tier starter. See, here's my issue with Charmander. First of all, it was my first Pokemon ever. To me, that counts. Second, as far as fire-types go, Gen I really doesn't give you much to work with. At all. Frankly, Charmander's the best you've got in terms of learnset and general utility. Arcanine has a bit more damage and less of a Rock weakness, but he pays for that with awful type coverage as far as his moves go. Ponyta suffers from similar problems and I'd have to name a Ponyta Fluttershy, so yeah.

But to the tier issue: I'm fully aware that, in the tier list TIO posted and generally in the Pokecommunity Charmander isn't considered as good a pick. And in Gen I, I would agree. However, I'm not convinced that Charmander is bad. Is he worse than Squirtle or Bulbasaur? Maybe. But he's the best damn fire-type of his generation and a good solid pick for any team regardless of what you lot say!

Soanywaylet'stakealookathim

fusrodah.png

He's got a Lax nature, which means he gains Defense at the cost of Sp. Defense. This shouldn't make too dramatic an impact on him later on, though it will soften the blow from Rock and Ground-type moves ever so slightly. Otherwise, this crazy red dragon mofo looks A-OK to me.

And now, with ODAHVIING! in tow, we begin our adventure. (Yes, I kicked Gary's ass - Scratch will let you do that.)

Quick overview:

-Mugged some yokel on Route 1. Got a Potion from him.

-Robbed Viridian Mart and stole something for Professor Oak.

-Blazed a trail through Route 1, then did it again - there's nothing there I want, even for HM slavery.

-ODAHVIING! soloed Gary on Route 22. No fucks given.

-Derped around a bit looking for the sodding Running Shoes before realizing I don't get them for a while. Sadfais :<

-BURNED VIRIDIAN FOREST TO THE FUCKING GROUND LIKE A BOSS.

-Met some Jr. Trainer who didn't know what light years were. I corrected him. With a claw made of metal.

OH HEY IT'S BROCK.

My team at this point: Lv. 15 Charmander (ODAHVIING!)

Brock didn't give me too much trouble. Metal Claw was more than enough to allow me to muscle my way through his Geodude.

fus2g.png

Yeah, get some, you stupid rock...thing...guy.

Anyway, Onix gave our dragon buddy a run for his money. I lucked out HARD against him - he missed two Rock Tombs and a Bind (though I would have been able to tank 3 Rock Tombs somehow - I blame the Lax nature), while every Metal Claw I landed brought my Attack up. And then crithax on the last hit. :3 All the same, I pulled through, fucking the odds but good, and grabbed me a Boulderbadge!

Also, ODAHVIING! evolved. This is one perk of early game soloing. :D

So yeah, there's Chapter 1. My biggest concern for Chapter 2 will be having to painstakingly get Abra up to speed; otherwise Misty will probably roll me. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT'LL HAPPEN?! STAY TUNED AND SHIT!

MINI UPDATE: I finally found those blasted Running Shows. Some weird pedophile guy gave them to me. Whatever, now I can go wheeeeeeee~

Edited by Anti-Social Knight 2.0

If you want screenshots in VBA, use either the built-in screenshot recorder (only does normal size) or IrfanView, the latter is the best option because it can take shots at double size, and works with any other program too. Launch it, enter the "Capture" option from the options menu, set it to take a picture of the foreground window's client area and put said picture in any folder, then hit OK. Then just use whatever keystroke you set up (default's Ctrl+F11) and it'll take a screenshot hassle free! Just make sure IrfanView's launched and ready, though.

trollface.avi

trollface.jpg

.avi's used for nope.avi

If you want screenshots in VBA, use either the built-in screenshot recorder (only does normal size) or IrfanView, the latter is the best option because it can take shots at double size, and works with any other program too. Launch it, enter the "Capture" option from the options menu, set it to take a picture of the foreground window's client area and put said picture in any folder, then hit OK. Then just use whatever keystroke you set up (default's Ctrl+F11) and it'll take a screenshot hassle free! Just make sure IrfanView's launched and ready, though.

Well, what I was doing for Ch1 was just Ctrl+Print Screen, which gives the Print Screen equivalent of the open application. It's shoddy, I know - I haven't done a text LP or anything similar ever before, so I'm playing by ear.

I'll look into IrfanView. Thanks. :D

I MEAN VENUSAUR

Bloody hell, having this much time on my hands is making me want to keep going. SO TIME FOR PART 2 OF THIS ZANY DOUBLE FEATURE, BOYS AND GIRLS! AHYUCK!

Chapter Two: The Dangers of Nostalgia

When last we left our hero and his horrifyingly dangerous minion, Brock the Eyeless Wonder had just forfeited his Boulderbadge, leaving ODAHVIING! to the dark task before him: killing a bunch of shit in a row. What a treat.

pokemonfirered01.png

Hahuehuehahaha! Ahh...you are really fucking stupid, aren't you, you attention-starved Jezebel? Let me roast your pets. >:3

pokemonfirered02b.png

Don't care. Next!

pokemonfirered06.png

DAMN IT WOMAN I DID NO SUCH THING NOW LET ME ENJOY THIS MOUNTAIN IN PEACE

Yeah, it goes on like this. People get offended, I shut them up with fire. WE GET IT MOVING ON

So after all that marathon trainer nonsense (I skipped a few, both in-game and in this crappy post-production - simply because I tired of incinerating ten-year-olds in broad daylight), I finally made my way to the next landmark.

pokemonfirered07.png

Mt. Moon... doesn't the name sound romaaaantic?

(EDIT: I cannot believe I missed this - Sona pointed it out for me. Given my gutter humor, you would think I would make the connection between tunnel entrances and romance...MT. MOON IS A BUTTHOLE OLOLOLOLOLOLOL but seriously now it actually is somewhat romantic)

(WARNING: The next spoiler window contains gratuitous use of a tired Pokememe. Proceed with caution.)

pokemonfirered08y.png

Look, a dark, foreboding, spooky cave! Isn't it romaaaaaaaantic?

pokemonfirered09c.png

And look at how grotesque this bat-thing is! Aren't its long, phallic appendages so romaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantic?

pokemonfirered10.png

And ODAHVIING! is mauling a Clefairy! Isn't it so sodding romaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantic?

pokemonfirered15x.png

And this Jigglypuff is locking me down with sleep and attraction! Isn't it ever so cock-slobberingly romaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantic?!

pokemonfirered16.png

ISN'T RUNNING OUT OF TACKLE PP BECAUSE OF DEFENSE CURL AND STILL HITTING HALF THE TIME JUST FUCKING ROMANTIC?! ISN'T IT?! FUCK SO MUCH LOVE OMGAWD

-pant- -pant-

pokemonfirered11g.png

Oh. Right. That happened. Good, I can transition out of this maddening, shitty quasicomedy.

A CHALLENGER APPEARS.

pokemonfirered14r.png

That's right, folks. Second team member, named supercreatively after a League of Legends character (with the help of a certain Sona Buvelle). If you don't like the name...well I guess that's

cool.gif

ok

Anyway. Back to details. RAMMUS?! has a Docile nature, which means no stat variations. Honestly, I'm okay with that - it's better than Lonely or Hasty, given that it's a Geodude - but I was hoping for Impish. Even Bold would have been okay, really. But, again, I'm not complaining, and since I'm too damn stubborn to try to catch another Geodude I'm just going to move on. SO LET'S MOVE ON.

More romance traipsing around caves occurred, and with the quick additions of Magnitude and Rock Throw to RAMMUS?!'s arsenal he leveled quickly and easily, cutting his way though just about everything. Of course, the RNG decided to fuck him over a few times in the process, and I ended up wasting a Potion and an Antidote on him just so I could clear Mt. Moon in one go. Not a huge issue, but a bit annoying.

And then, this prick.

pokemonfirered21a.png

NYEHHHHHHHHHHH

They both end up to be mediocre Pokemon anyway. Why is he being such a little bitch about this? Of course, a better question would be why is he so easily walled and soloed by a paralyzed Geodude with 12 HP remaining? =w=

pokemonfirered24s.png

That shit was romantic as FUCK.

My team at this point: Lv. 20 Charmeleon (ODAHVIING!), Lv. 19 Geodude (RAMMUS?!). Team is progressing surprisingly well - if I pay Bill a visit prior to Misty, I may well have a team that can stand up to her when I arrive at the Gym.

Next episode: I get a useless sleeping rat to babysit! Also, the source of the romance (gag) revealed. And CRUSHED. Stay fucking tuned, my bros and brodettes.

Edited by Anti-Social Knight 2.0

Since I don't have any earlygame Pogeys drafted and I refuse to use Weedle, I figured I'd start my Pokemon journey, too.

Chapter 1: Onwards from Pallet to Viridian to Pewter!

(Warning: Massive amounts of images ahead!)

All journeys start out like this, of course.

Pokemon-FireRed_01-1.png

And this journey started with a fail...

Pokemon-FireRed_01.pngPokemon-FireRed_02.png

Looks like Prof. Oak has Alzheimer's or something, since he forgot my gender AND my name or something. I was going to have an awesome naming scheme for my whole team but then I realized...

c9c537e3d8909d4aba658e295e71e987.png

(*ï¿£mï¿£) ...I drafted Mr. Mime. I can only trade for Mr. Mime. I can't change his nickname. So then I said...

Pokemon-FireRed_02-1.png

AWRIGHT, YOU STUPID MIME. I'LL PLAY YOUR GAME...

Pokemon-FireRed_04-1.png

...and I'll subject my rival to it, too. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

So then I end up warped into my bedroom where I withdraw the magical Potion within and go downstairs to say hi to my mommy when she said...

Pokemon-FireRed_06.png

Mooooooom... stop... you're embarrassing me...

...and promptly kicked me out of the house. Thanks, Mom. Love you, too. Okay, no big deal. I'm just gonna go off and leave home with hardly any money in my pocket and run into the tall grass teeming with anklebiters and get myself killed out there. I didn't even get to the tall grass when suddenly...

[spoiler=[i]I WAS KIDNAPPED.[/i]]Pokemon-FireRed_05-1.png

Or so I thought. Turns out this old geezer just wanted to bring me over to his lab for a playdate with his grandson. Fair enough, except for the fact that he's too old for playdates and is totally a Grandpa's boy. Gramps decides to make it up to me by giving me this darling little treasure.

Pokemon-FireRed_06-1.pngShut up, I'm too lazy to keep going back to the Name Rater in LAVENDER TOWN.

Looks like Grandpa's Boy has taken quite a liking to me, so he challenged me to a battle right away, thinking it was a good idea. Instead of accepting the defeat, instead he said,

Pokemon-FireRed_15.png

That little brat! Why I oughta....

And then I travel!

[spoiler=Details here.]Pokemon-FireRed_19.pngSo, I got free samples from a poor sap camping outside to advertise for a PokeMart that everyone goes to anyway.

Pokemon-FireRed_21.pngWas shanghai'd into becoming a delivery girl.

Pokemon-FireRed_22.pngWas harassed by another stinkin' old man who hasn't had his coffee fix yet. How many more stinky old men are there!?

Pokemon-FireRed_25.pngShanghai'd into ANOTHER huge errand for Gramps.

Pokemon-FireRed_28.png And forced into "learning" how to catch Pokemon by the grumpy old man.

Pokemon-FireRed_33.png

Okay, phew. I'm finally getting somewhere. I figure that I can finally continue this stupid traveling journey thing peacefully. I beat up a few little boys and stomp their bugs, no big deal. A bunch of them were scared of me, so I figured I'd let them live. For now. I arrive at Pewter City and just when I was about to go to places more worthwhile...

[spoiler=I get kidnapped again.]Pokemon-FireRed_35.png

[spoiler=But it was all cool]Pokemon-FireRed_38.pngPokemon-FireRed_07-1.pngPokemon-FireRed_08-1.pngPokemon-FireRed_09-1.png

Pokemon-FireRed_13-1.pngPokemon-FireRed_14-1.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH. cool.gif

Edits: My screenshots refused to cooperate with me and ended up all jumbled up. THEY ARE FIXED NOW.

Edited by Sona Buvelle

I just realized that you can get a Legendary Beast post E4... is that free or is it banned? (Entei's terrible so it hardly matters, but hey, a reason to catch Articuno the hard way!)

Well, it says that all Johto mons in the Isles are free. The dogs are Johto mons, but not in the Isles. Dun dun dun... the plot thickens.