Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen draft.

MacLovin

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If all else failed, he could pick up a fossil poke - their typing is built to piss Lorelei off. (Of course, if you want STAB rocks you have to either grind to level 55, save the Rock Tunnel tutor for endgame, or depend on Rock Tomb, which is kind of lame.)

My (inefficient) strategy. Aerodactyl is my back up to Arcanine, and then Electabuzz (why wasn't Electivire and Motor Drive made yet :/) should take care of Dewgong and Lapras. Gonna have fun training Aero up though...not.

My strat.

Poliwrath-

Bulk up/belly drum/x items.

BB sweep the fuck out of everything.

And Clefable tanking and cm+TB.

And Blastoise BB when needed.

And Nidoqueen being death fodder putting a few shots of BB/TB when needed.

Or, hope for my next pick to make it...:P:

My strat.

Poliwrath-

Bulk up/belly drum/x items.

BB sweep the fuck out of everything.

And Clefable tanking and cm+TB.

And Blastoise BB when needed.

And Nidoqueen being death fodder putting a few shots of BB/TB when needed.

Or, hope for my next pick to make it...:P:

I've never used X-Items before. Is the +1 Def on Poliwrath help that much against Lorelei? Otherwise it's kind of a wasted turn since Belly Drum's gonna get you to Max Attack anyway.

My strat: Alakazam sweep all day ery day. Blow up Golem when it's appropriate, use Hitmonchan and Kangaskhan as offtanks/revenge killers/anti-Bruno. Tentacruel will wall with Barrier and Toxic like a bawss, since I doubt the water STAB will ever be super-crucial to my team.

Also, Chapter 4 is being worked on. Ish. I kind of want to delay it until my next draft pick comes through - we'll see.

Ponyta's still on the list, might want to fix that.

Voltorb could get some use.

EDIT: And after my complaining about Ike, I get an even worse badge. YAY! emot-suicide.gif

Edited by Venusaur

Scyther and Rhyhorn. /masochism

All of the member badges have been reset. Go to Settings -> Profile and scroll all the way down. You can choose your badge now.

Scyther and Rhyhorn. /masochism

All of the member badges have been reset. Go to Settings -> Profile and scroll all the way down. You can choose your badge now.

emot-swoon.gif

This is the best thing. That totally makes up for you stealing Rhyhorn! :P:

Moltres is the last Fire-type available to me, so why not? Time to rage when all of my Ultra Balls break!

Isn't Moltres only available after you beat the Elite Four...?

I remember getting it before the E4 on my first playthrough of LeafGreen, at the very least. It might require a return visit to One Island, but that's not too big of a problem.

EDIT: Just tested it on a different file that hasn't beaten the E4 (a defunct Tropius solo), and I got up there with no problem at all. It requires Strength, but that's no big deal at all.

Edited by Venusaur

SO MUCH JELLY. ;-; It's possible to set up a trade between ROMs if you sent me your .sav file.

But I don't think trading is allowed for stuff like this, so... >A<

Edited by Sakusa

SO MUCH JELLY. ;-; It's possible to set up a trade between ROMs if you sent me your .sav file.

But I don't think trading is allowed for stuff like this, so... >A<

Well, we'll have to wait for The Insane One for you to do something with this, but if it's allowed, then use this: http://www.mediafire.com/?b871p1tdada8d68

The somewhat high playtime is due to liberal use of the fast-forward function

Honestly, if I was running this I'd be fine with it as long as it's untouched (no TM's, stat items, EXP) and you can catch one yourself at that level (So to use it you'd have to be able to get to the Safari Zone yourself). It is untouched, after all.

Problem is the increased EXP gain since she'll be from a trade. That'll give me a bit of an advantage over others, but still, I really appreciate it. :D

Problem is the increased EXP gain since she'll be from a trade. That'll give me a bit of an advantage over others, but still, I really appreciate it. :D

Well, all that really means is less grinding, really. And even if you can't use the Rhyhorn, that Shiny Mankey could be used in another playthrough. Still, I'm glad I was able to reduce the amount of time you spend in the Safari Zone, though Scyther's going to be a pain to catch.

Chapter 1: A Legend is Born

[spoiler=Warning! Mild profane language is used. ]

So we start our epic journey dreaming or something. In this dream, we are being interrogated by an old man, who is "affectionately" known as the Pokemon Professor Oak. Yeah. Anyway, he asks me my name, so I answer.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to1_250.png

Yes it is. Remember it, because when I'm famous, you'll be one of the first witnesses.

After all the big talk, he starts asking me about a childhood friend.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to2_250.png

The kid was trying to steal my pacifier, and that's when all hell broke loose. Ever since then we had competitions to see who could crawl first, who could get out of diapers first, you name it. Turns out he's also this ossan's grandson. Who would have known.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to3_250.png

Poor Abdul. Not only was he always in my shadow, his grandpa can't even remember his name.

After talking about pointless things, I start waking up from the dream. Final words were:

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to4_250.png

I'm going to be a LEGEND. When I hear the word legend, I get this image in my head.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to5_250.jpg

LEGEND!!!!! I wish Gotenks was more relevant in DBZ.

Anyway, I wake up from my dream, and what's the first thing I do?

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to6_250.png

That's right. Had to kill it in Tetris one more time before I blew this popsicle stand. After that I check my facebook on my computer and put my status as "Gonna go become a legend. Brb.", do some stuff, grab the potion, and go downstairs. I meet my mom, who's crying hysterically. I go grab some kleenex and attempt to be somewhat understanding, and she starts to calm down and says:

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to7_250.png

Well if it says so on TV, then it has to be true...right? Good enough for me.

So I shoot out and take a last glance at Pallet Town. It's a nice area. No pollution, birds singing, grass green. The local drunkard is in the way of the sign post, so I shove her out of the way and check out the signpost. After that I head north to the exit of Pallet Town, but I'm stopped suddenly.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to8_250.png

Why not? I have to go become a legend. It said so in my dream.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to9_250.png

No shit, Sherlock. I was going to catch one and we were gonna become best buds. It said so in the dream. Wait a second...speaking of the dream, you look familiar...YOU'RE THE OSSAN FROM THE DREAM!!!!

After realizing this, my interest my piques. He claims he's even going to give me a pokemon to help with my journey. Isn't that nice of him? I mean it's not like I needed any help. All I have to do is walk and Pokemon follow me, right? So I'm back to the lab again yo, and I see none other than Abdul there too. Of course he's here, the little copycat. Probably heard I was leaving and begged his sister to let him leave too. She probably said "Good riddance!" and let him go without thinking. Don't blame her. Look at how annoying this dude is. The ossan - I mean Professor Oak - tells me to choose a pokemon, and he throws a bitch-fit. How pathetic.

tumblr_m0unzgHr471rrg05to10_250.png

"Get your panties out of a knot you baby. You'll have a turn too", says Prof. Oak. Abdul then shuts up for a little while, and I count my blessings. The peace was short-lived, as Prof. Oak decides this is the perfect time to reminisce about his old days as a dashing young trainer who got all the bitches.

tumblr_m0uo3fXacR1rrg05to1_250.png

A serious pokemon trainer, huh? Whatever you say, dawg. But yo, I got shit to do, so can we hurry this up? As if he read my mind, Prof. Oak allows me to now choose a Pokemon. I take advantage of this moment and seize it, carefully selecting which pokemon I want to take with me. There's the calm Bulbasaur, the fiery Charmander, and the energetic Squirtle. I took a hard look at them, and chose Squirtle, because Blastoise has cannons on it's back and that badass.

tumblr_m0uo3fXacR1rrg05to2_250.png

It's even one worth raising. Look at that. So I make my choice and pick the Squirtle. I nicknamed him "Tupac", because the first 3 starters wererevolutionary pokemon, and Tupac was revolutionary to the rap game. Abdul was getting antsy, and already knew he was going to pick Bulbasaur. Perfect choice, since Venasaur evolves earlier than the other two, and since Abdul is so damn impatient it will work well for him. So now I'm really wanting to start my journey already, but of course Abdul wants to make this a competition. This is like Kobe and Lebron right here. There is no competition (for those who don't know, Kobe's better, even MJ the GOAT said so). But alas, I decide to humor him for a little while out of pity. I mean seriously, his Grandpa doesn't give two shits about him. So we get this shit started.

tumblr_m0uo3fXacR1rrg05to3_250.png

SHIT'S ABOUT TO GO DOWN SON. GRAB YO KIDS!

Of course, good old Prof. Oak has to but in with his two cents.

tumblr_m0uo3fXacR1rrg05to4_250.png

LOL. We'll go with that.

So I proceed to use tail whip, then spam tackle until Bulba faints. Pretty simple. He barely even scratched me. What a n00b.

tumblr_m0uo3fXacR1rrg05to5_250.png

You could have picked a Level 100 Arceus, and you wouldn't have won. Why? Because you're inferior to me in every way, and I'm going to become a legend.

fuck-yeah-template.jpg

So I some money cash money, and finally get to leave. Man that took longer than expected, but it's beginnings that like these that make Champions well...Champions. I finally decide to check Tupac's nature.

tumblr_m0uo3fXacR1rrg05to6_250.png

A Bashful Nature? Personality wise, yes. Statistically...meh. Ehh, didn't feel like restarting. Could be worse...I could have like Gentle or something. I put my balls back in my pants and decide to head to Viridian City, because that's the place closest to the Pokemon League, where I can become a legend.

Chapter 2, coming soon!

Edited by Helios

What's Tupac's nature? o.o The screenie doesn't say.

Whoops forgot to mention it. Thanks for mentioning it. Check the edit. Or here:

It's Bashful.

Damn uploading all those images took a while though. I literally made a tumblr account just to do it.

Well, this game goes by very quickly when you have the power to make it 10x speed at will. I bulldozed through most of the trainers, no level grinding against wild Pokemon here! It doesn't hurt that 2/3 of my team starts over Lv. 30! Here's my battle with Champion Asch:

Natures:

Jade: Modest

Mieu: Naughty (Raticate, sat out the E4)

Van: Adamant

JingleBomb: Gentle

Ion: Quirky

Celsius: Modest (only took a few attempts)

Efreet: Bold (screw not being able to access the PC in the middle of the 1st Islands trek)

Now all I've got left are Islands 4-7 and the E4 Round 2!

Edited by Venusaur