Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen draft.

MacLovin

We didn't even finish the draft and he's almost done hahaha. Glad this isn't a race

If it was a race everyone's space bars would be feeling the pain right now. But hey, FR's a short game, and I had time to burn. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

EDIT: What exactly does "Beat all 7 Sevii Islands" entail? Getting the Ruby and Sapphire and beating the E4 Round 2?

Edited by Venusaur

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's totally bulldozing through the game, which is fine. I'm going more slowly because I'm writing a paper and studying for a midterm today, but tomorrow (as in Thursday, since I'm on the East Coast) I'll be free to play more and upload screenies and stuff. I wanna make this entertaining for you guys, because Pokemon drafts are a labor of love to me, and I love seeing other people's interpretations of the game. I like that Venustoiseaur uploaded a video though, as it's a different approach to the same thing and uploading videos are a pain. XD ...which also reminds me that I have an LP to finish.

I honestly have all the time in the world, so I'm going to try to make this somewhat entertaining and upload a ton of screenies. I really like the video though, props to you Venusaur!

Chapter 2: A Reality Check

[spoiler=Warning! Mild profane language is used. ]

I wanna be, the very best/that no one ever wassss...

Confidence sky high, I enter Route 1, the first step to making my dream come true. LEGEND. Along the way I find a crackhead, murmuring gibberish. She starts pointing at me and trying to talk, so I naively get a little closer. If she tries to pull a fast one, I'm tackling the shit out of her. She starts spitting and hacking a loogie, and I start to walk away. But she grabs my arm and tells me about...drugs. She even gives me a little to try out for myself.

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to5_250.png

I take a hit and feel...and feel...holy shit there's a PIRATE SHIP CRASHING INTO THAT CLOUD. My Route 1 experience just got 509423875 times better. Best. Nature. Walk. Ever. But by the time I make it to Viridian City the effect went away :/. I remember the crackhead saying that there was more of this shit being sold on the cheap at the PokeMart, so I head there.

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to3_250.png

Aww hell....they knew I was coming. Wtf...how...what is this I don't even...

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to4_250.png

Yes...yes I do...why do you know so much about me?

Turns out they want me to take this parcel back to Prof. Oak. I asked them if I could get some drugs, but they said not until I delivered that. Meanies. Alas, I succumb to their desires and head back to Pallet Town. For some reason it wasn't quite as epic as it was the first time. I make it back to town and I'm back in the lab again yo. I hand the parcel to Prof. Oak.

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to5_250.png

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to3_250.png

Custom Pokeball? WHAAAAA?!?! I want it! But he won't give it to me, it's for research or something. As I'm pleading my case, everyone's favorite tool shows up.

tumblr_m0uzstOCF31rrg05to1_250.png

It was you who called him here, Prof. Oak? WHYYYY? I thought he'd be gone forever. He's like that mouse that you set a million traps up for but it always stays hidden under the fridge.

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to5_250.png

Aww hell....you gotta be kidding. I was already the PokeMart woman's bitch, now I'm your bitch too? WHYYYY? I'm trying to become a legend! Why am I getting into these trivial matters?

So the Professor says that since he feels too old to do anything but sit in his lab remembering the good old days with Agatha, he wants us to do fill out the pokedex for him. It was his dream or something.

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to6_250.png

So if this was your dream, why didn't you try to do it yourself? You had the pokedexes lying on the that table for a long ass time, and NOW you decide to do something? Lazy ass...

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to1_250.png

LOL. Okay Abdul...now it's on. Someone is getting addicted to that second place ribbon...

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to7_250.png

In order to preserve his grandson's pride, Oak is trying to end the dispute. That's probably the closest to caring for his grandson that he's ever shown. Abdul's impatient self decides to leave, but not before he says his catch phrase "smell ya later!". Blue (or Green in Japanese) is so much more badass in the Pokemon Adventures manga. Anyway, once his grandson leaves, Prof. Oak begins to praise me.

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to2_250.png

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to6_250.png

Even the ossan Prof. Oak recognizes how unbelievably high my $wag level is. That's why I'm going to become...a legend.

So I head to Abdul's house to see if he has something embarrassing hidden, but I couldn't find anything. Instead, his sister made me some tea and we chatted for a little.

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to4_250.png

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to8_250.png

That's what I'm saying! Oh well, at least he recognizes my true potential, so I forgive him. She nods in agreement, and with eyes gazing in amazement, she hands me a map to Kanto, while touching my hand for a little bit. She catches herself and lets go, and asks that I take the map and use it. True, I could have just used Google or something, but the offer was kind so I accepted it. I bid her adieu and went back to Viridian City to get my drugs. Turns out the crackhead lied to me; the PokeMart only sold medicine. After I got over the disappointment, I decided to head to the Pokemon League to become their Champion, and start my legacy with a bang. Of course, on my way, I run into none other than the great copycat, Abdul.

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to8_250.png

Dammit he noticed me...

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to9_250.png

What you mean "forget about it"? I'm trying to become a legend, so step aside or I'll squash you.

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to10_250.png

Badges...why do I need shiny little pieces of metal?

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to1_250.png

WHYYYYY????? This is some bull. Well my road to becoming a legend just became 8 times longer. So as I'm about to leave to get some badges, Abdul finds this as the perfect time to battle. Of course.

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to6_250.png

Let's get this shit started. Turns out he has 2 pokemon to my one. Poor fool thinks that numbers matter. When you're destined for greatness like me, there is no chance for you to win. I'm going to be a the guy that little kids learn about in their history classes. There will be novels written to tell my tale of greatness. As I daydream, I find out that both of Abdul's pokemon fainted. I didn't even break a sweat...

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to7_250.png

Luck had nothing to do with it. It was fate. Destiny is on my side. Abdul starts getting jealous that he's being out swagged and decides to head off to the pokemon center. I check the map that was given to me, and decide to go to Viridian Forest. To the north of Viridian City, there's a drunk old man who woke up from passing out earlier. I try to pass him without being noticed but to no avail. Rum in his left hand, he takes a swig and calls out to me.

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to10_250.png

Great...advice from drunk old men. True wisdom. Real life shit that you don't get anywhere else. How do I get into these messes...

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to1_250.png

What the -- wait where did that come from? You were talking about how you should never trust girls...

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to2_250.png

Please don't...dammit

tumblr_m0v09haKO91rrg05to7_250.png

What the hell? Where did this weedle come from? And how did you catch it with full health with a measly pokeball? This goes against everything I was taught...

tumblr_m0v040KbyN1rrg05to3_250.png

I...suppose. He hands me this DVD of him teaching all these basic trainer skills. It must have been his life's work or something. He starts to babble on about how his wife left him for a "successful" business man and I take the opportunity to escape. I hope I'm not like him when I grow up. I pass through Route 2, spraying pokemon with bubbles. Tupac levels up to 10, where he learns withdraw.

I find a building, which turns out to be the entrance to the Viridian Forest. It's the only way to get to Pewter and get the first badge, so I put on my bug spray and walk in.

tumblr_m0uzzhtnyH1rrg05to9_250.png

Challenge accepted. Silly girl, I'm going to be...a legend.

Will Aziz make it through the Viridian Forest? Or will he become bug food? Find out next time, on Chapter 3!

Whatever I started. My team is full anyways.

~ Today I don't feel like doing anything. ~

I name my dude Silver because I was always fascinated by the Sonic character. Oak kidnaps me blah blah. Time to start on a pokemon journey that an innocent ten year old could do. Of course its like that. I pick up Bulbasaur and I call it Razor because I'm freakin' uncreative. My rival is called Xavie because that's my friends name.

(no picture provided)

Anyway, Xavie, leads off with a freakin' Charmander! and I kill it with a couple of Tackles and stuff. Xavie then runs off, that douche.

~ I'm on the road to Viridian City!!! ~

I leave to go on my journey, I walk up to Viridian and I see this dude who passes out on the road just because he didn't have his fucking coffee. What the hell is wrong with that? He prolly took Weed along with it >.< I leave to give a package to professor Oak. Oak tells me to catch pokemon so I find a level 2 Pidgey. I call it Icarus 'cause it sounds so damn cool.

~ Lets get physical, physical! ~

I do some grinding to get my pokemon to level 9 (hell yeah). With those level 4 Mankeys and shit it took barely ten minutes. ;) I move over to go to the pokemon league because I'm to fucking lazy to get a badge. However, Xavie comes out and tells me that I can't do that because its not the Pokemon Adventures Manga. Oh well, he says that I'm a loser and battles me. wut?

Pidgey vs. Pidgey. Of course I use items 'cause I'm a huge twat and a dick. Icarus Gusts it away. Next is Charmander and he doesn't even have an elemental attack yet. The fuck is wrong with that? Leech Seed bro.

He still says that I suck for some reason. that dickhead. I proceed to leave to Pallet to have a little talk with his sister.

~ Baby you light up my world like nobody else. ~

Hah. It doesn't even work. she just gives me a freakin' map. Daw. That sucks but whatever. "Dignity still intact". I move over to the Viridian Forest. OOOOOH forest.

But that Old Guy stops me because he already had his damn coffee. Jerk, my frameskip started getting slow at this point :/.

I battle the trainers with Pidgey and his Gusts of Power!

oR sO yOU tHINK??????????

Ha no I'm too lazy. See ya tomorrow! (also I'm never doing that song thing again.)

Stats

Name	Nature	Type		Atk	Def	Sp Atk	Sp Def	Spd	Moves			
Razor	Docile	GRS/PSN		14	15	20	18	16	Tackle	Growl	Leech Seed	Vine Whip	
Icarus	Doclie	NOR/FLY		13	12	11	11	17	Tackle	Sand Attack	Gust	

Alright, I'm done with the Sevii Islands (at least I think so, I've been everywhere and done everything except for clearing all four Trainer Tower classes, though I did do the Single one), so I decided to record the entire Elite Four 2nd Round. It won't be fully uploaded for about another hour or so, but if you're interested go ahead! The final time is off, of course, because of judicious use of the speed-up function. The final team's at the end of the video, so at least watch that.

My thoughts on each Pokemon:

Jade: Powered through the earlygame, and Sleep Powder/Leech Seed was brutal for bosses. Its offense was merely okay at the end, but it was an essential defensive pivot.

Mieu: The other half of the earlygame, Hyper Fang hits crazy hard when overleveled like you're bound to be in a draft. Nom nom nom'd its way through Misty, Surge and Erika, but I benched it to funnel more EXP into...

Van: Oh boy. Powerful right out of the box, great attacking types (especially with Rock Slide), but about as durable as wet paper. It wasn't as good at the end, but still quite useful.

JingleBomb: IMO, Electrode was way underrated in this draft. Light Screen, a nice Electric typing and the Fastest Explosion in the Game™ make for quite a useful Christmas Bomb. I didn't even need Thunderbolt in Round 1! It solo'd the Pokemon Tower and helped in quite a few boss fights.

Ion: This was worth the effort of fishing a Lv. 35 Horsea, as it didn't need much training to be effective. It was surprisingly bulky on the physical side, and Surf is always welcome. Kingdra is just a cherry on top.

Celsius: This is Lance's worst nightmare, and it came prepackaged and ready to go. Sure, it can only really help out in three gyms max, but it's worth going through Seafoam Island for.

Efreet: Almost the same as Celsius, just sub in a Fire typing rather than an Ice typing. Its powerful Flamethrowers combined with its high level made it a great force, despite that it only helped out with two gyms.

Edited by Venusaur

been busy, adn pc is slow as fuck atm, whos turn is it and what mons were picked by who?

BigBangMeteor seems like the last person that picked, he picked Dratini.

Before that, Snivy picked Slowpoke, I picked Voltorb, Sakusa picked Scyther and Rhyhorn, I grabbed Moltres and Snivy picked Zubat.

EDIT: I wanted to trade Sakusa a Rhyhorn I caught in the Safari Zone (happened to be Adamant, go figure), would that be okay as long as she's at the point where she could catch one from the Safari Zone herself?

Edited by Venusaur

Sigh, OK.

also, I pick me a nice 'lil.............................IDK WTF to pick

So I'm going with GRIMER

Racers list picks Meowth

Edited by The Insane One

It's go time.

Alright, so I've added in a few personal rules as well as the draft's rules, so I hope no one minds. It's really just to give it more of a challenge and to make it mean something to me. hurr hurr pixels meaning anything

1) Grind only when necessary. This is to enforce a "low level" challenge, to make things difficult. I added "when necessary" because a) some recruits will need to be ground up to have their place in the team, b) it's damn near impossible to do 0 grinding without RNG abuse up the ass, and c) I want it "casual" hard not "cut wrists" hard. This is for fun! And, to be honest, it's just Pokemon.

2) Only fight required trainer battles. This is going to be tough when wild EXP starts to become complete shit and trainers are suddenly looking like nice meat treats for small level gains. This is to keep up with the low level challenge, and to make things more interesting, since I haven't done one of these runs.

3) Minimal item buying. I'll mostly only buy Potions and Repels (god damn random encounters), but I'll only be allotted $3,000 to use each town. Pallet doesn't count as a town, and the money doesn't stack up between towns.

4) I'd like to use Nuzlocke rules, if no one minds. I love that extra "faint = death" angle, it makes it -that- much more intense. For those who don't know of Nuzlocke, the only rule present in this challenge will be the earlier stated event of a Pokemon fainting will result in its "death," or permanent boxing/release. Just for fun.

And all those other rules from the original post.

OUT OF WALL OF TEXT; TIME FOR PICTURES.

lgd1.png

Ahhh, this game. The first Pokemon title I legitimately beat, and then continued on for another 200 hours breeding and catching all the 'mons. Fun stuff.

lgd2.pnglgd3.png

Some boring stuff. This doesn't affect anything, really. I just randomly generated some four letter names, although I do like Arra.

lgd4.png

I'll be collecting as many free items as I can, I'll need all the help I can get.

lgd5.png

Manly options for the manliest manly man ever to grace Pokeman.

lgd6.pnglgd7.pnglgd8.png

And now we have the choice that will decide the rest of the game's difficulty. Charmander will not survive Brock on his own with just the two forced battles, getting OHKO'd by Onix's Rock Tomb, if he even gets to it. Geodude can 3HKO him with Tackle. It's just not possible to win the way I want to with Charmander.

Bulbasaur might look like an obvious choice, great in regular runs due to being effective against the first two gyms with its Same Type Attack Bonuses, but I won't be using it for a number of reasons.

1) It gets said STAB move at level 10, which would require grinding

2) It is not very effective against Viridian Forest goers

3) It's base stats lean toward the special side more, with 65 in each. While that may be good, it's physical defense lacks quite a bit behind with 49. Tackle is also stronger, but only slightly.

This leaves the only other choice to be.....

lgd9.pnglgd10.pnglgd11.png

This little guy! Squirtle is, to me, the obvious choice. With the two forced battles it can get to 7, learn Bubble, and continue to completely decimate Brock. Rather circumstantial, but it's always nice to beat something with a slight disadvantage. Statistically, it is the most well rounded of the three, albeit leaned more dual defensively. Quiet is a boost to its Special Attack, critical to 6HKO'ing Brock's crew, while restricting its Speed growth, which lacks anyway, at a mere 43. I like this nature over Modest because Tackle is slightly stronger, making that battle against the level 9 Weedle that much easier. Unless you get poisoned...

I proceeded to beat Bert, but getting a level up was the only notable thing, and I'll be providing an extra spoiler solely for those. I did manage to get a critical hit, and one of his Tackles missed, but nothing else of merit.

lgd13.png

I love NPCs with items.

lgd14.png

After doing a multitude of side-quests (I lied, it was only one long, boring one), we come to the second of two forced trainer battles up to Brock. This isn't particularly dangerous at all, unless it decides to spam Poison Sting and you get the unlucky end of one barb with a poison. Luckily the RNG loved me and decided to have it spam String Shot 3 of its five turns living, with only two stings. None of them poisoned me.

lgd16.png

It is time.

lgd17.png

Brock isn't too difficult if you know what you're doing.

lgd18.png

Geodude packs quite the punch with ~24 Attack. You'll want to be careful, possibly using a Potion or two if you get too low. I didn't heal before the fight so I wouldn't lose precious seconds.

lgd19.png

Doesn't stop Squirtle from 4HKO'ing it. Although it did get in quite a bit of damage.

lgd22.png

This guy looks scary, with some pretty scary stats. HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed 33/17/49/13/17/9 (all about what it should be). You'll be doing jack-all with any physical moves, anyway. Onix is 2HKO'd with Bubble, which was very nice, considering it missed that Rock Tomb. I was pretty relieved I didn't have to waste a Potion, as well.

lgd25.png

And there you have it, folks. Part 1 of our glorious adventure. Tune in next time.

[spoiler=Level Ups]lgd12.pnglgd15.pnglgd20.pnglgd21.pnglgd23.pnglgd24.png

It's go time.

Alright, so I've added in a few personal rules as well as the draft's rules, so I hope no one minds. It's really just to give it more of a challenge and to make it mean something to me. hurr hurr pixels meaning anything

1) Grind only when necessary. This is to enforce a "low level" challenge, to make things difficult. I added "when necessary" because a) some recruits will need to be ground up to have their place in the team, b) it's damn near impossible to do 0 grinding without RNG abuse up the ass, and c) I want it "casual" hard not "cut wrists" hard. This is for fun! And, to be honest, it's just Pokemon.

2) Only fight required trainer battles. This is going to be tough when wild EXP starts to become complete shit and trainers are suddenly looking like nice meat treats for small level gains. This is to keep up with the low level challenge, and to make things more interesting, since I haven't done one of these runs.

3) Minimal item buying. I'll mostly only buy Potions and Repels (god damn random encounters), but I'll only be allotted $3,000 to use each town. Pallet doesn't count as a town, and the money doesn't stack up between towns.

4) I'd like to use Nuzlocke rules, if no one minds. I love that extra "faint = death" angle, it makes it -that- much more intense. For those who don't know of Nuzlocke, the only rule present in this challenge will be the earlier stated event of a Pokemon fainting will result in its "death," or permanent boxing/release. Just for fun.

And all those other rules from the original post.

OUT OF WALL OF TEXT; TIME FOR PICTURES.

lgd1.png

Ahhh, this game. The first Pokemon title I legitimately beat, and then continued on for another 200 hours breeding and catching all the 'mons. Fun stuff.

lgd2.pnglgd3.png

Some boring stuff. This doesn't affect anything, really. I just randomly generated some four letter names, although I do like Arra.

lgd4.png

I'll be collecting as many free items as I can, I'll need all the help I can get.

lgd5.png

Manly options for the manliest manly man ever to grace Pokeman.

lgd6.pnglgd7.pnglgd8.png

And now we have the choice that will decide the rest of the game's difficulty. Charmander will not survive Brock on his own with just the two forced battles, getting OHKO'd by Onix's Rock Tomb, if he even gets to it. Geodude can 3HKO him with Tackle. It's just not possible to win the way I want to with Charmander.

Bulbasaur might look like an obvious choice, great in regular runs due to being effective against the first two gyms with its Same Type Attack Bonuses, but I won't be using it for a number of reasons.

1) It gets said STAB move at level 10, which would require grinding

2) It is not very effective against Viridian Forest goers

3) It's base stats lean toward the special side more, with 65 in each. While that may be good, it's physical defense lacks quite a bit behind with 49. Tackle is also stronger, but only slightly.

This leaves the only other choice to be.....

lgd9.pnglgd10.pnglgd11.png

This little guy! Squirtle is, to me, the obvious choice. With the two forced battles it can get to 7, learn Bubble, and continue to completely decimate Brock. Rather circumstantial, but it's always nice to beat something with a slight disadvantage. Statistically, it is the most well rounded of the three, albeit leaned more dual defensively. Quiet is a boost to its Special Attack, critical to 6HKO'ing Brock's crew, while restricting its Speed growth, which lacks anyway, at a mere 43. I like this nature over Modest because Tackle is slightly stronger, making that battle against the level 9 Weedle that much easier. Unless you get poisoned...

I proceeded to beat Bert, but getting a level up was the only notable thing, and I'll be providing an extra spoiler solely for those. I did manage to get a critical hit, and one of his Tackles missed, but nothing else of merit.

lgd13.png

I love NPCs with items.

lgd14.png

After doing a multitude of side-quests (I lied, it was only one long, boring one), we come to the second of two forced trainer battles up to Brock. This isn't particularly dangerous at all, unless it decides to spam Poison Sting and you get the unlucky end of one barb with a poison. Luckily the RNG loved me and decided to have it spam String Shot 3 of its five turns living, with only two stings. None of them poisoned me.

lgd16.png

It is time.

lgd17.png

Brock isn't too difficult if you know what you're doing.

lgd18.png

Geodude packs quite the punch with ~24 Attack. You'll want to be careful, possibly using a Potion or two if you get too low. I didn't heal before the fight so I wouldn't lose precious seconds.

lgd19.png

Doesn't stop Squirtle from 4HKO'ing it. Although it did get in quite a bit of damage.

lgd22.png

This guy looks scary, with some pretty scary stats. HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed 33/17/49/13/17/9 (all about what it should be). You'll be doing jack-all with any physical moves, anyway. Onix is 2HKO'd with Bubble, which was very nice, considering it missed that Rock Tomb. I was pretty relieved I didn't have to waste a Potion, as well.

lgd25.png

And there you have it, folks. Part 1 of our glorious adventure. Tune in next time.

[spoiler=Level Ups]lgd12.pnglgd15.pnglgd20.pnglgd21.pnglgd23.pnglgd24.png

I like how it took me three chapters of my epic journey to get as far as you are lol.

[spoiler=Chapter 2]Fuck those rules. *Grinder 4 life*

Well whatever, Pidgey proceeds to sweep the entire Viridian forest with Gusty powers. When I get to Pewter, I battle the stoned guy.

Brock uses Geodude and Onix. Vine Whip bro.

So after stoney here gives me my badge I leave to get my fucking running shoes which mom should've given me when I started my fucking journey... Dick. While grinding I encounter the most glorious of all pokemon nature! EVOLUTION TIME BITCHES! Pidgey and Bulba are now Pidgeotto and Ivysaur.

Now I head to Mt. Moon.

This place gives me the shits. Ivysaur rapes everything in his damn way and I encounter this dude with the fossils. Fossils... dun dun dun. Fossils... dun dun dun. I steal his Helix Fossil because it sounds fucking cool.

I couple of dudes tell me to learn the ultra secret MEGA PUNCH and MEGA KICK moves. However, they find out that none of my pokemon can fucking learn them. Eat that dicks.

Because I'm a huge jerk and like my pokemon games uneventful and boring I decide to grind my way into the Nugget Bridge! But that douchebag comes to challenge me.

He leads off with his own Pidgeotto. We start off evenly matched but I have Potions. Items through your balls friend. He decides to be funny and sends out his Charmander who he didn't even evolve yet. I decide to humiliate him with Ivysaur just like last time. Ratatta comes out so I kill it with a nice Vine Whip to the face. He decides to be funny again and uses an Abra who cannot fucking attack me, like what the hell bro. I kick his ass and he still tells me that I suck. But, all is forgiven when he gives me a Fame Checker which is basically like tumblr of the pokemon world.

I grind out the trainers at the top when I get angry 'cause this dude decides to be mentally retarded and thinks that I do not wanna join Team Rocket. You know what, maybe I don't because these guys are all dumbasses. Then this Clefairy walks up to me and says that hes human. What am I? a retard because that thing looks like a fucking Clefairy. I guess he used a machine to transform himself into a pokemon... (Invader Zim anyone?)

Whatevs, I decide to take out all of my frustration on Misty.

She starts off with Staryu, Razor Leaf that thing right through the... uhh... gem? Starmie comes out and I'm panicking but I realize that it has no Psychic type moves when it is clearly a psychic type. Razor Leaf that ass.

I leave and take out that rocket dude with my ultra secret Quick Attack technique. He gives me Dig and I am super happy because I remember Bulbasaur using that move in the anime :D. But, I remember that he learned that move because he was cheered on by like all the wild pokemon and this isn't the fucking anime.

>:( SS. Anne was fun. I got like 10 levels. But, Xavie ambushes me again.

Pidgeotto still does not know how to take down my Pidgeotto. He sends out Charmeleon so I send out my Ivysaur who's like 5 levels higher. Leech Seed + Sleep Powder = win. His Abra finally evolves but it still sucks like shit. Raticate still sucks too so I give him advice and tell him to drop it. After the usual "you suck" he tells me to go see this Captain.

Apparently hes seasick and won't give me HM01 Cut unless I rub his back. GAYYYYYY. I heal and head out to Vermilion Gym.

OH MY GOD! I have to literally try to put my hand in like 30 fucking trashcans to look for to switches that are apparently adjacent to each other. Lt. Surge = smug.gif.

He leads off with his Voltorb so I send out my Ivysaur. Razor Leaf that ass. I take back Ivysaur because I wanna know how my level 28 Pidgeotto goes up against his level 18 Pikachu. Quick Attack kills it in one hit go figure. He sends out Raichu which I counter with a delicious Sleep Powder + Leech Seed combo followed up by a touch of Razor Leaf.

That dude gives me Shock Wave. I guess it could be useful soon...

That's all for today. stay tune tomorrow because I don't wanna post stats right now.

Wut, you have to do Elite Four rematches?

Bored, Have another update.

[spoiler=Chapter 3]OK so I just finished grindin' it out with my trusty Ivysaur and Pidgeotto and I head over to Rock tunnel. But, I forget that you need Flash. shet.

*5 pokemon catches later* I head over to that dumb Aide who gives me Flash. Yesh. I teach it to my Meowth whop picks stuff up for me. Finaly I head over to Rock Tunnel.

"Don't try anything in the dark!" says a random picnicker. lulwut? However, after that battle my little Ivysaur evolved

This dude asks me if I like Pokemon cosplay which is pretty funny *stores Pikachu costume in closet* everyone here is getting raped man. Pidgeotto and Wing Attack to save the day! You know, except for the Hikers.

When i finally get out of there, I head over to Celadon City while using my Ninja Techniques to skilfully avoid trainer battles (which I'm saving)

When I get to Celadon, I kidnap this Eevee and name it Aquarius. I buy a Water Stone and then stuff it with a Water Pulse TM and a Water Stone. The true Aquarius is then, born...

I give Tea to those grumpy gurads who wouldn't let me go to Saffron City just because they were fucking thirsty. What the hell is wrong with this game? First there was that Old Man who passed out 'cause he didn't have coffee, now there are these guards who won't let you pass through because they're cranky. Couldn't install a fucking water dispenser? Jesus Christ man.

Yeah whatever. I head over to that Fighting Dojo because my new team member awaits... Pidgeotto takes down the next few trainers with his awesome Wing Attack (note he's at level 35 at the start) and he evolves into a Pidgeot. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif. Hell Yeah!

Apparently this isn't a gym because that guy got his ass kicked by Sabrina or something. He shows me that he has two pokemon that hes giving away for defeating him. I pick the Hitmonlee and call it Sensai.

*5 minutes of grinding later* I head over back to Rock Tunnel, teach Sensai Rock Slide, (replacing rolling Kick) and tell him good day. Now to the Pokemon Tower!

Oh shit, Xavie is in here... He asks if my pokemon are dead and I'm like "yo shut up" like the little dick he, is he challenges me to a pokemon battle.

Aqaurius Water Pulses his Pidgeotto down its throat and I send it packing to its first ever loss to something other than Icarus. He decides that he's cool and sends out his nice little Eggexcute. (fuck spelling) Wing Attack down its ass. Gyarados comes out so I send in Venusaur. Venusaur uses Leech Seed + Sleep Powder and slowly whittles its HP down to 0. I HAVE NO OTHER TACTICS!!!! Charmeleon is out next so I use Sensai and Rock Slide its ass down to its... tail.

Xavie doesn't tell me I suck at battling but that I suck at catching Pokemon. Well duh this is a draft. dumbass. I head up to the next few floors and Aquarius takes down everyone with his (yes his) trusty Water Pulse + High Sp. Atk combo.

I'll take a break here. No stats cagain 'cause I'm lazy. get used to it.

Meh.

I'm going to change it up this time. Since I'm getting really annoyed by how tedious it is to upload images and put them on here, I'm going to tell the story through poetry. Time to get creative!

Chapter 3: Pewter City Poots

I opened the door and entered Viridian Forest/

Eyes filled with shock; the place was enormous/

Tried not to get nervous, but for words I'm at a loss/

Every turn was a dead end, and soon I was lost/

I ran and I ran, but running out of energy/

I thought it was over and I'd be one with the Caterpie/

But when I had lost all hope, a trainer I saw/

With intentions for directions, I walked up in awe/

But rather then help, he reached in and rattled/

Grabbed a pokeball and threw it; I knew he meant to battle/

Weedle and Caterpie vs. Tupac, oh what fun/

The n00bs were defeated with ease subject to Water Gun/

I continued trekking along, Tupac at my side/

Coming off the victory my confidence was sky high/

The bug catchers weren't shy; they kept asking to fight/

I defeated them quickly to make it Pewter by night/

I began to grow impatient, it felt like it had been ages/

I started to rap some Tupac lyrics; "I see no changes"

Surrounded by insects, I turned left, I turned right/

Then glanced at Tupac, but he began to turn white/

Eyes dazed in confusion, I wondered if this was normal/

Tupac grew and grew, and became a Wartortle/

I checked the Pokedex, it said he'd evolved to become stronger/

It was the Tupac I knew and loved but appeared more of a monster/

I finally exited the forest, new comrade next to me/

Together we would take on the Pokemon League Embassy/

After visiting the Pokemon Center; Wartortle good to go/

We asked the locals to take us to the gym so we could put on a show/

The preliminaries were too easy, soon enough we stood before him/

The one named Brock the rock trainer/ the leader of the gym/

He sent out a Geodude first, and I sent out Tupac/

OHKOed him with Water gun, much to his shock/

He regained his confidence, and sent out Onix the rock snake/

I laughed at his efforts, and rapped "Over" by Drake/

"it's over, it's over" I joyfully stated/

I looked back and saw just how far I had made it/

Onix was too slow and fell to the Water glock/

The victory was mine; I had finally defeated Brock/

He said he enjoyed the battle, and handed me the badge/

It's said to allow flash, but I could already flash my swag/

And that concludes this oh so beautiful chapter/

Stay tuned for the next installment of my journey to Pokemon Master!

Stats:

Level 17:

HP: 50

ATK: 28

DEF: 35

SP. ATK: 27

SP. DEF: 37

SPD: 29

That was actually kind of harder than I thought lol. Hope you enjoy!

Edited by Helios

I got bored so I decided to start playing.

In game, I'm a girl named Snivy, BTW. My rival's name is Dale.

I decided to choose Bulbasaur because Grass starters FTW and since I already have 2 water types and Flareon is all I need for a fire type.

My Bulbasaur was a girl (after a bit of savestating) and she had a Bashful nature, which I'm fine with. I named her Rose.

During the battle with Dale (very quick battle) I realised I forgot to get the potion. Luckily, I was faster and beat the Charmander with only 3hp left. (he only used Scratch, much to my suprise)

Got to veridian city, almost getting owned my a pidgey along the way.

I delivered the parcel an returned to veridian city to catch caterpie. I called her Bianca and saw her nature. Rash. That is perfect for her psychic attacks.

I went into the foorest to try and find a Pikachu. Whilst I searched, Bianca evolved.

After what felt like forever, I found a pikachu. I caught her, naming her Petal. She's lonely natured, which will help her with moves like slam and mega punch.

Pikachu is amazing for the earlygame. (apart from Brock) It starts by killing everything with good Electric STAB (when there are many Pidgey and Spearow everywhere) and good powerful moves later on.

It only starts falling behind really around Celedon, which is where it can easily evolve to catch up.

Anyway, after a little Pikachu grinding, I decided to do the unimportant rival fight. Petal beat Pidgey while, with a little help from Bianca, Rose beat Charmander.

After more grinding, Bianca evolved once again. After grinding everything to level 10, I decided to fight through the forest.

I quickly went through and decided to attempt the gym in Pewter city.

VS Brock:

Bianca solo'd the geodude with 2 confusions but went down to Onix in one hit. Then Rose OHKO'd Onix with Vine Whip.

In Party
Pokemon Nickname Ability Nature M/F Lvl HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spd Move 1 Move 2 Move 3 Move 4 Item
Bulbasaur Rose Overgrow Bashful F 12 35 17 20 22 21 19 Tackle Growl Leech Seed Vine Whip
Butterfree Bianca Compoundeyes Rash F 12 38 18 19 28 21 24 Confusion Tackle Harden String Shot
Pikachu Petal Static Lonely F 11 29 18 11 18 14 27 Thundershock Quick Attack Tail Whip Thunder Wave
[/Code]

Yeah, these take a bit of effort. SPEAKING OF WHICH...

Chapter 4: I Need An Adult

When last we met, some stupid wet skank gave us a hard time based on typings. She got blown up. Now, on with the game...

Bill gave us a ticket to a party. Now, I know what you're thinking - that was pretty cool of him, and Dumpy should go. Well, my dear braudience, you forget (as Dumpy did at the time) that Bill is a creepy furry who asks favors of ten-year-olds. Any party he would even consider going to is probably no place for us.

Pokemon-FireRed_10-1.png

So let's go! :D What could possibly go wrong?

Pokemon-FireRed_11-1.png

I mean, they even have French stereotypes on this damn ship. France doesn't even exist in this universe. So this party has to be pretty damn fancy if they can import their waiters across universes, right?

Wrong. It's a ship full of mooks. And creepy people.

[spoiler=I don't know if you should open this one...]

Pokemon-FireRed_12-1.png

Uh...what? Do I know you? Am I going to wake up with your lipstick in my pocket?

Pokemon-FireRed_13-1.png

YOU AREN'T HELPING YOURSELF, LADY.

Pokemon-FireRed_16-1.png

What? What does that even mean? What would a fisherman need with a little kid? Take it easy, creeper.

Pokemon-FireRed_18-1.png

I NEED AN ADULT.

He is an adult.

Well, we're done with this creepy place and its creepy inhabitants. I sincerely hope the Captain isn't someone looking for a little kid to

Pokemon-FireRed_23-1.png

FUCK. WHY. WHY ARE YOU HERE GO AWAY. YOU ARE STILL NOT DUMPIER THAN I AM.

This fight was literally a faceroll. My team averaged level 25 (the benefit of having 3 Pokemon on a team) and I kicked his arse handily thanks to Psybeams and Magnitudes. Hell, ODAHVIING barely had a chance to join in!

Pokemon-FireRed_20-1.png

This helped. :)

But yeah, I painted the floor with Gary (he is NOT Dumpier, he is GARY) and moved on to see the Cap'n.

Pokemon-FireRed_252.pngPokemon-FireRed_262.png

Puff...puff...puff...puff...

Hey, at this point I just want to get off this damn ship. I'll play along for a little while.

So FINALLY I get Cut and get off this sodding ship. How glad am I to see it go. I had a few more errands to run in Vermilion, the first of which was evolving RAMMUS. I didn't bother screencapping any of that because fuck VBALink it deserves to die. Suffice it to say I now have a Golem and an Alakazam. :) I also picked up a Meowth as a Cut slave, because I refuse to teach Cut to ODAHVIING.

[spoiler=IN AMERICA!]

Pokemon-FireRed_022-1.png

FUCK YOUR FOURTH WALL, COMMIE!

TIME TO DIG THROUGH SOME VERY AMERICAN TRASH FOR A FEW AMERICAN MINUTES!

Pokemon-FireRed_043.png

HE WILL ROLL OUT TO DEFEAT TERROR WORLDWIDE AND MAKE THE WORLD SAFE FOR AMERICA'S BRAND OF AMERICAN FREEDOM!

Hey dudes, thanks for watching this crappy Gym summary. Let's go for a burger....Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

And so ends a low-quality chapter of this low-quality playthrough. But we never have to deal with that ship ever, ever again.

My team at this point: Lv. 25 Charmeleon (ODAHVIING!), Lv. 27 Alakazam (ULTRALORD!), Lv. 26 Golem (RAMMUS?!). HM slaves: Meowth (Cut). I suspect I'll have to grab another slave to use Flash, which isn't a big deal. Of course, I could blindly stumble through the Rock Tunnel, too...either way, stay tuned.

Edited by Anti-Social Knight 2.0

You know, people keep mentioning grinding for Vine Whip, but it only takes 425 EXP to get to Lv. 10 with Bulbasaur. Naturally, if you're avoiding experience you aren't going to get there (props to Fallenite for trying a low level challenge), but if you're only using two Pokemon and fainting the wild cocoons in Viridian it isn't that hard...

Life is so unfair. I just caught a shiny spearow on my rom. I didn't draft Spearow though.

What's up, undrafted shiny bro? 003MS.pngemot-respek.gif495MS.png Mine was a Mankey in Rock Tunnel, as you might know already