Feedback for Mountainside

Sunwoo

You can either let people criticize you in the story thread, or make a feedback thread. Since you made one. . .

I'm thankful that your story isn't a semi-self-insertion of someone whose only goal is to be more awesome than everyone else, but at the same time, I didn't feel anything for any of the characters. In terms of keeping it OC and in the bounds of Tellius, you did a good job. The scenario itself didn't give the characters room to interact very meaningfully. If you can find another situation to put those five characters in, and one where the majority of them aren't passive, I think you'd do really well.

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback, eclipse. Yeah ... I wasn't entirely satisfied with how the story turned out, but I was running close to a deadline when I finished this and everyone who gave me a review seemed to at least enjoy it, so I'd say I partially succeeded. Funny story, my original plan was to have the five aforementioned main characters be charging up one side of the mountain, and it was supposed to be them interacting as they fought together. But I couldn't make it work with the time constraints I had. But anyway, I'll keep that in mind for future stories.

Y'know, that might be interesting to read, as an alternate to what you wrote. I'd be interested!

We have a Secret Santa thread in the Creative section. Check out the writing there! I worked on mine for like two weeks, and then get blown out of the water. . .

Yeah, I'm going to have to give the first idea a try when I have more time. I'm kind of going through a hard time with getting my own thoughts down on paper and stuff. I've failed to update my Lyn/Rath story for over a year (although if you want to see what I have up already, it's on my FF.net account), so that will probably have to wait.

And yep, I'm definitely going to check out the writing here. I read through your RD story, the one where Micaiah doesn't exist in part 1. I really liked it, and I was disappointed when it ended.

I'm working on the rest of it. I'm not done yet!

Check out the Written Works section. There's some awesome writers here! Just. . .stay away from Jarly's stuff, unless you want to stab your eyes out.

Duly noted, I'll be sure to check out as much stuff as I can on here. Might take a while, but I will get there. And I'm glad to hear that you're working on your story. I should get back to mine as well ...