Thoughts, Comments and Speculations

On a subject other than mask guy, I looked at the character artwork again and saw that Frederick and Sol look incredibly similar.

Fred:frederick.jpg Sol:006.jpg

Similar appearance is not usually coincidental in works of fiction. I have no artistic eye, but the only real difference I can see is the facial expression. Any thoughts about these guys?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a subject other than mask guy, I looked at the character artwork again and saw that Frederick and Sol look incredibly similar.Fred:frederick.jpg Sol:006.jpgSimilar appearance is not usually coincidental in works of fiction. I have no artistic eye, but the only real difference I can see is the facial expression. Any thoughts about these guys?

Maybe they are siblings or cousins? Because they are similar, but not exactly alike (a bit like Lugh and Ray are very similar but not the same).

The art in this game is starting to be like the art in FFX, where all the characters are starting to look exactly the same except for some small differences and their clothes and hair styles. I wouldn't start seeing which peeps look similar to other peeps if they all end up looking similar in the end.

The art in this game is starting to be like the art in FFX, where all the characters are starting to look exactly the same except for some small differences and their clothes and hair styles. I wouldn't start seeing which peeps look similar to other peeps if they all end up looking similar in the end.

I hope is just that the people who look similar are actually related.

From this last update, it seems that IS is taking all of the best features of all of the previous games and is trying to put them together. Seems like a the different dimention of Archanea and Valencia so thats a plus. Branched promos is awesome, as well as the return of skills (I know thats not really news), but with the new Sect (Lopt Sect anybody?), and FE's mascot with a touch of Sirius. The mechanics we can tell are gonna be awesome!!! I hope the story will be a tragic first half like FE4. By tragic I mean Battle of Barhara tragic! That part of the game literally made me cry. But what if, me just gone crazy because of my love for FE4, Krom is in charge of a first gen (Sigurd) and the "Marth" is gonna be another Celice, wouldn't that be :awesome:? That would eliminate the "two" Falchions with only the one past down. I mean considering the facts, "Marth" is feminine and so is Celice.

I know this is my crazy theory which is probably not gonna happen. But hey after reading all of the other crazy theories I just have to throw my favorite FE's plot into this. :B):

Edited by JosefLior

Upon consideration of the fact that the world of the game is practically identical to Archanea/Valencia, and that Jugdral is set in the ancient history of those worlds, that got me thinking, if working under several assumptions: that the world is indeed "future" Archanea/Valencia, and that Krom is indeed one of the dragon-marked heroes. First, to refer to an excerpt from the logo text:

"Two heroes marked with the symbols of dragons."

With Naga confirmed to be one of the dragons, this reminded me strongly of the Twelve Crusaders and their bloodlines, the descendents of which have identifying marks on their bodies. Naga bonded with one of the Crusaders, Heim, who proceeded to have quite a few descendants carrying the blood themselves. So from here, what I'm thinking is this: Somehow, in the presumed thousands of years since Monshou and Seisen's events, a descendant of the Heim line came to whatever the Kakusei continent is now called and had children with someone, whose eventual descendant is one of the prophecised heroes. Given that he has a dragonlike mark on his shoulder, combined with the standard trends for FE heroes, that could well be Krom and his family, and I guess that's the assumption I'm working under here: the royal family of Iris carries the Heim bloodline, aka the Naga bloodline, and that is the cause behind the dragon mark.

Consider also that there are only two options for Heim ancestors here: Yuria and Celice, the latter of whom may be used as a way to tie yet another main character into this world (assuming you buy the Masked Marth thing); on the other hand, Celice only had minor Heim and thus, without him or his descendants marrying Yuria or her descendants, may not be able to sustain the line.

This isn't really that fleshed-out a thought, and it does involve quite a few stretches of logic - there's no guarantee the Heim lineage even lasted that long - and assumptions based on other instances of pure speculation, and I'm not really expecting it to hold any weight, but there you go. Had to get it out.

also Emelina will end up wielding the Naga tome

Edited by Rhinocerocket

Whatever else is the case, we should keep in mind that Krom is basically confirmed to be a descendant of Marth.

But yes, now that you mention it, the dragon markings do sound like the FE4 stuff...

It would be interesting to see where Jugdral is at this point. Didn't FE4/5 take place thousands of years before FE1/2/3? That would probably put their technology level beyond ours, assuming they progressed at the same speed as humans did in real life.

It would be interesting to see where Jugdral is at this point. Didn't FE4/5 take place thousands of years before FE1/2/3? That would probably put their technology level beyond ours, assuming they progressed at the same speed as humans did in real life.

I think it was closer to 100 years before, maybe a few hundred.

Edited by Othin

http://serenesforest.net/general/designer4_2.html

No mention of just how long it was. However, it says that Akaneia was barely civilized as of the events of FE4/5, so I would guess it was thousands of years. I'm thinking early Mesopotamian civilization-ish compared to Jugdral's medieval setting, which would indeed be thousands of years unless Akaneia's technology got way, way better very, very quickly.

Edited by Rewjeo

Well Marth doesn't have Holy Blood, just the Falchion. But Emelina using Narga could happen since there were several Narga bloods. We have Yuria, Celice, and Linoan. So the decendents of the three could have come together at some point and continue the Holy Blood. At the end of FE4, the once stuck in a pickle are Freege and Dozel, the idiots Reptor and Langobalt messed them up big time. But I wonder the dragon that gave Baldo his blood is interesting since it can be assumed that Nagi created the Falchion and the Narga spell book. Well now that we put all of the pieces together it seems the Earth Dragons really hate the humans lol. So the Falchion sword is probably the biggest clue since the Tyrfing is identical, which could also explain the "two" Falchions. But the traits of FE2 & FE8 are also in this game so we might have to consider FE2's Falchion maybe being passed down. All I care about is who exactly is the enemy. We have dragons, undead warriores, and of course probably some corrupt nobles. BTW if the US has the 3DS bundle of FE here I would so be willing to pay those $300 for it.

http://serenesforest...esigner4_2.html

No mention of just how long it was. However, it says that Akaneia was barely civilized as of the events of FE4/5, so I would guess it was thousands of years. I'm thinking early Mesopotamian civilization-ish compared to Jugdral's medieval setting, which would indeed be thousands of years unless Akaneia's technology got way, way better very, very quickly.

I think I'll take this opportunity to delve into the realm of pure hypothesis and mass guessing:

The Miracle of Darna, which occurred in Gran Year 632, would obviously have happened in Naga's lifetime (Seisen kicks off in the year 757, 125 years later). Back in Archanea, Naga died 500 years before the formation of the Holy Kingdom of Archanea. Shadow Dragon et al. starts in the Archanean calendar year 604, 1104 years later. So at the absolute minimum, there is a 954 year gap between the start of Seisen and the start of Shadow Dragon (by which I mean Chapter 1, not the Prologue). Furthermore, consider that Loptous was originally an Earth Dragon of Archanea, and was a participant in the Earth Dragon/Divine Dragon war, which is stated by Archanea's timeline to have happened 740 years before Archanea's foundation (henceforth referred to as BAF for ease); the arrival of Bishop Galle, his blood pact with Loptous and the foundation of the Lopt Cult, events stated by the Jugdral timeline to have taken place in the Gran Year 440, happened in the course of that war. So, if my information and interpretation is correct, this synchronises the timelines at this point: Gran Year 440 for Jugdral, and 740 years BAF for, well, Archanea.

In other words, this places the Miracle of Darna, which happened 164 years later, at 576 BAF; the death of Naga, which happened in 500 BAF, at Gran Year 708; and the beginning of Seisen, ie Gran Year 757, at 443 BAF. This means, assuming that my information and my interpretation and maths is correct, that there is a 1047-year gap between the start of Seisen and the start of Shadow Dragon.

My head hurts.

When compared to the development of the real world in the similarly medieval time period, that actually sounds like a pretty reasonable period of time, though given the presence of magic in the FE universe it's folly to compare these things and hope for accuracy; that presence is very likely to have changed the development direction of the world. It may be impossible to come up with an accurate gauge of the development of technology in the Arcalengdraliris universe over the course of it, given that we generally know nothing about it beyond what we see in game which is basically all war stuff, but I've come to interpret some things as a useful point of comparison: for example, compare the armour of Arden, an armourknight as of the modern Jugdral period, to that of Dolph and Macellan, armourknights of the "modern" Archanea period, to that of... er, whatever Callum is trying to wear. It's not exactly a massive leap in design, but Arden's does seem noticeably simpler than Dolph's and Macellan's, and they're all significantly simpler than Callum's... thing. Of course, from here we still have absolutely no idea how long the timeskip between Monshou and Kakusei is.

So, er, I forgot the point I was making?

Edited by Rhinocerocket

So by the time SD started, Advance Wars was happening in Seisen lol. Good calculations though. They should put it in the site for something like fun facts.