• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, that roy kid and that eliwood kid look very similar

they both use the same rapier

they must be alternate universe versions of each other

Edited by Camtech

Marth-Not-Marth.png

I can extract, but I can't draw worth a dime. Someone wanna try to give "Marth" some eyes?

Personally, I thought this character was a male, at least until we saw this art. Now I'm 98% sure this is a woman.

Hm... if there was more of a chest, I might be more convinced, but it is kind of weird.

Maybe it's a descendant of marth disguised as marth (don't ask) for some contrived reason? I mean, there is that scene of him running from the destruction.

Hm... if there was more of a chest, I might be more convinced, but it is kind of weird.

Maybe it's a descendant of marth disguised as marth (don't ask) for some contrived reason? I mean, there is that scene of him running from the destruction.

The chest and biceps are conveniently hidden by the forearm and sword, which makes the most obvious tells ambiguous at best. But look at the tunic and legs. I strongly believe I see child bearing hips, and the smooth stocking and boots are more typical of female elegance.

Edited by Wooster

Where you see a feminine form, I see a child's now that the mask has been removed. Neither sex is apparent, and the form of the body is indeed ambiguous to gender.

I don't buy the descendent theory, simply because the resemblance is beyond uncanny at this point. It's a deliberate emulation and also a distinction. Were this character an actual descendant, I highly doubt he'd or she'd robe themselves to look as close to Marth as possible. this ain't no zelda universe boy

I might've bought the child theory, if he/she wasn't so close to Krom's height. But 'Marth's head is at Krom's shoulders. Based on height, I figure there might be a year age difference or so, soI don't think 'Marth' could that late a bloomer.

Well, you know maybe this masked person is trying to make people think he/she's Marth and that's why he/she is dressed up as him and is wearing a mask? The form to me also implies that it's a female, but, well, there are plenty of examples of Japanese characters that look like girls and are actually full grown men.

That's a very valid point, Celice. But the image is ambiguous there as well.

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-05%20at%206.43.30%20PM.png

The front most feet are clearly offset, but the back feet are almost exactly, but not quite, the same position. But for sake of argument, lets align it to the fore foot.

Screen%20Shot%202012-03-05%20at%206.56.13%20PM.png

I'm not sure I believe that IS would choose a punk kid as Krom's rival, but I think this image is convincing me otherwise.

Marth-Not-Marth.png

I can extract, but I can't draw worth a dime. Someone wanna try to give "Marth" some eyes?

Personally, I thought this character was a male, at least until we saw this art. Now I'm 98% sure this is a woman.

here you go

jC20.png

I'm not sure I believe that IS would choose a punk kid as Krom's rival, but I think this image is convincing me otherwise.

It doesn't have to be his rival. The image itself doesn't even suggest that. By placing the doppleganger further back, there's the suggestion of preceding Krom. If this were an image of Marth/Anri from a long time past, its placement could be intended to connote that. The mirroring of both characters in their stance, weapon and attire (even the belts follow a similar pattern) attracts our attention to their characteristic similarity, and then, despite the doppleganger preceding Krom, it is its Falchion which crosses and impedes Krom's. If anything, there seems to be a cautious relation between the two, more than any rivalry. The doppleganger seems to be limited by this imitator, not in that Krom cannot proceed on his own, but that his actions are checked by this image of the past.

I'm curious as to see whether this image is antagonistic, helpful, or even neutral.

Edited by Celice

018.png

img011.png

These images (taken from the FE13 section of this site) seem to clearly depict the two as fighting each other. Others seem to depict them as allies - I believe the video showed them fighting back to back against some common enemies, helping each other rather than fighting. Others, such as this "swords crossed" one and the box art, are more vague, and seem to depict them as somewhere between the two, which I think will turn out to be closest to the overall truth.

Edited by Othin

I wonder if this doppleganger, then, is the vehicle for some outside force's intention? If it, like some of the enemies shown thus far, is only a doll commanded by something unknown. "Contention" I think is a striking word to define the two, and their appearance thus far. It's not wholly abrasive, but neither is it an encompassing relationship.

Edited by Celice

In that case, it doesn't seem right that Masked Guy would be getting the focus he/she does. There's also the brief scene of him/her running to some sort of gate or portal, which seems like it would be odd for a puppet.

These images (taken from the FE13 section of this site) seem to clearly depict the two as fighting each other.

That second one is in an arena, however, rather than a typical battle.

This is not a matter of "once upon a time". Of course Marth's design changed since the image you posted. It's been over 20 years, which is plenty of time for styles to change and designs to improve as technology improves. And yet in just two years, the FE13 character has changed even more, at least more fundamentally.

So has the art style in general. Compare the new Armours to the old Armours, for instance. Or the new magic users to the old magic users.

The biggest difference is the hair. You say they have the same hair, but that's false Marth doesn't just have blue hair. He has bright blue hair. That's constant between the two Marth designs. This new character? His/her hair is bluish, but it's much darker.

All of the colours in this game are darker.

Clothes as a similarity is not only false as well, but inconclusive. If those really were Marth's clothes, anyone could put them on, especially a descendant. But they aren't his clothes.

Looking at Eliwood's/Roy's clothes, I can believe it might be Marth's son.

I see child bearing hips

Maybe he's wearing a corset.

Edited by Anouleth

imo unless they are pulling some ephraim/eirika situation where you have to chose which one you want to follow it's most definitely a guy (cause when they pull that crap its always guy/girl being the 2 main characters like in fe2/8 and since this game is kinda similar...)

also a bit off topic anyone know if nintendo shows stuff at gdc? cause we may get an NA release announcement before e3(if that was supposed to happen)

When I say a mirror theory I meant atotal mirror....male<>female....since when two falchion existed in the same realm?

Wasn't the FE2 Falchion a second Falchion?

imo unless they are pulling some ephraim/eirika situation where you have to chose which one you want to follow it's most definitely a guy (cause when they pull that crap its always guy/girl being the 2 main characters like in fe2/8 and since this game is kinda similar...)

also a bit off topic anyone know if nintendo shows stuff at gdc? cause we may get an NA release announcement before e3(if that was supposed to happen)

You meant a girl right ?

Why does the masked character even wear a mask?

Maybe they're in disgrace for letting their kingdom/country get destroyed. Since they're seen running through burning wreckage towards some sort of gate. I am just curious as to ideas/opinions on why this character must hide their identity. Another possibility is they are being manipulated to fight for the bad guys/against Krom and they don't want to be seen like that for purpose of keeping a reputation.

My last crazy idea for this post: "Two sleeping Dragons--one a sacred ally of mankind, the other its sworn destroyer. Two heroes marked with the symbols of the dragons. Their meeting heralds the dragons' awakening--and the worlds ending."

It would seem that it is expected for Krom to be one of the ones to awaken the dragons. Wouldn't it make sense for the masked character to be the other "marked one." Maybe its his world that is ending since. ^Take note of the running gate scene described above and the common parallel worlds theory throughout this thread.^ Or couldn't opening that gate and their meeting afterward somehow be related to the dragons' awakening?