Rate the Unit, BONUS 1: Tower Units

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Difficult Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted (unless they fall into the general parameters of the average rating, but reasoning is still strongly encouraged on those even if you just wanna quote people) — incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Marcus/10", etc. Proper justification will be determined by me and whoever decides to help, whether it be Integrity and Integrity again or sometegrity else.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is okay, but no more.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Makes it easy to calculate, please and thank you~!

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist on ephraim" ANYWHERE in your rating for Innes I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

Average Ratings

Amelia: 1.65

Ewan: 1.74

Marisa: 2.05

Neimi: 2.24

Gilliam: 3.27

Knoll: 3.67

Rennac: 4.09

Dozla: 4.28

L'Arachel: 4.31

Ross: 4.33

Syrene: 4.66

Lute: 4.80

Myrrh: 5.86

Joshua: 6.02

Innes: 6.20

Natasha: 6.27

Colm: 6.32

Garcia: 6.88

Kyle: 6.89

Moulder: 6.89

Artur: 6.92

Forde: 7.04

Tana: 7.33

Eirika: 7.34

Duessel: 7.96

Saleh: 8.04

Ephraim: 8.13

Vanessa: 8.16

Cormag: 8.22

Gerik: 8.29

Tethys: 8.30

Franz: 9.32

Seth: 9.91

you guys were largely disappointing in your conduct regarding syrene

six votes tossed? even if we don't count mekkah's obvious troll vote that's a record

ANYWAY, TODAY'S AGENDA: Caellach, Orson, Riev, Ismaire, and Selena. Yes, five in a day. Rules are going to be EXTREMELY relaxed for today and tomorrow, so have at me.

Edited by Integrity

Caellach gets a 2/10. I dont like him because he makes me get stuck in ch 15 drafts and he doesnt exist. Selena gets a 5/10. I like her character a lot and i like mounted mages. Orson gets a 0/10 because traitor although he would get 10/10 if he had stabbed/killed ephraim. Riev is fugly so 0/10. Ismaire's sprite is beatiful so she gets a 5/10 just like selena.

By the by - if this affects your ratings at all - these ten ratings are going in a separate table from the others, so don't necessarily rate them against the main game units.

Eh, whatever. I don't like her, and I think I'm justified in my reasoning. Deal with it.

Caellach - 7/10

Orson - 5.5/10

Riev - 9/10

Ismaire - 4/10

Selena - 3.5/10

Explanation:

Caellach - He's fairly bulky, and his bases are great for the Tower and Just Enough for the Ruins. Give him a few Speedwings, and you're set. He can also use Garm, which should help to alleviate that Speed issue he has.

Orson - He's one of those units that wants a Hoplon Guard, but there's only so many. . .but otherwise has the same issues Caellach has, but on a horse (and there are far too many horse-hating weapons in the Ruins).

Riev - I'd give him some Rings to boost his offense, but he does a hell of a job with Aura and Purge. Slayer is great in the Tower and godly in the Ruins. In terms of Def and Res, he's the second-bulkiest character you get. Period.

Ismaire - Thanks to the axe spam, Swordmasters aren't a bad class, but Ismaire is made of paper, and paper is barely acceptable for the final floor of the Tower. She'll end up dead in the Ruins, even with her Res.

Selena - If she swapped places with Riev, she'd get a much higher rating. . .but she requires three runs of the Tower, and statistically speaking, she's not what I call extraordinary. At least she can use Bolting, which makes the wall chapters less annoying.

EDIT: Forgot that Caellach can use Garm to do something about his lovely Speed.

Edited by eclipse

when you're playing creature campain, you're bound to have some 20/20 units already, making the CC bonus units kinda bad in comparison.

but assuming you have plenty of money, and a silver- and member card, unlimited statboosters exist.

Riev has slayer, giving him a 9/10

Selena gets a 6/10, due to 1-2 range

Caellach, Orson, and Ismaire get a 2.5/10. anyone would do as good as them.

also, where's Lyon? he'd get an 8.5/10

EDIT: never mind that last one

Edited by whase

Riev has Slayer, when the only enemies left in the game are monsters (and a few thieves but fuck them), and that makes him a slaughtering machine. 10/10

Selens is mounted and has range 6/10

Caellach is slowbut can still double a lot of things other than Mauthe Doogs and he's bulky 6/10

Ismaire is fast, I guess. +1 because I like her 3.5/10

Orson is mounted and has not so hot stats. 2.5/10

Well... here goes!

Riev

He has Slayer and staff utility right off the bat; despite of that glaring 16 MAG; he's a slaughtering machine. Also, he's fairly bulky with that DEF/RES of his.

9/10, -1 due to creepy personality

Selena

She's a mage on wheels a.k.a on a pony; and I like high MOV units; and to add up the fact that she can at least have staff utility.

6/10, but due to bias powers, I shall give her...

7/10

Caellach

He joins you with good weapon ranks, and a Hoplon Guard; and he has access to Garm! He happens to be quite bulky too.

7.5/10

Orson

He is a mounted unit that joins with meh stats; although he brings good weapons and a Runesword to the table. But still, he's a bit meh.

4.5/10, the hate points as a traitor is nulled out cause he's on a pony.

Ismaire

Joshua's mom.... She's fast alright? Like eclipse mentioned, axespam is everywhere in the tower; hence she's not a bad class although her durability is comparable to that of a wet toilet paper which is not good.

5.0/10, she gets away with it for being able to blick stuff; although likely Joshua or Marisa (considering CC) would do the same job more efficiently.

Edited by Frostbite

Caellach: Good enough, similar to Garcia except a bit lower endgame physical durability and strength but better resistance. 5/10

Orson: A rather mediocre Paladin, he's not horrible but his lowish speed is a bit of a miss given he can't get Garm. 4/10

Riev: Slayer, good staff rank and most physically durable magic user in the game by quite a margin(base 49/16 HP/Def) 9.5/10.

Ismaire: Pretty bad durability and doesn't have much to make up for it. 3/10

Selena: Decent range but she's not a great unit, and comes the latest, but she's atleast got a nice staff rank and Magic use 5/10

You mad?

Anyway, they all have terrible availability and nothing to make up for their shortcomings. They don't even have death quotes.

1/10 for all of them except Riev, who can have a 4/10 for Slayer.

Caellach - Slow, poor availability. 2/10

Orson - Useful in chapter 5x I suppose. In the CC, he's usable but not very good. 3/10 (4/10 - 1 bias because he stole a KIller Lance and Elixir from me on my first playthrough, and when he rejoined in CC I was half expecting him to give them back but he had new equipment instead)

Riev - Not too bad. Joins at a time where bishops are very valuable. 4/10 (5/10 -1 bias because... look at him)

Ismaire - Bad durability, mediocre damage. 1.5/10

Selena - Pain to recruit, and has bad stats all around. 1/10

Caellach:

He's alright but nothing to write home about, free Tomahawks are nice though.

4.25/10

Orson:

He's on a pony, cool, but he sucks at it. Like, horribly sucks at it. And this is CC. We don't need LTC anymore.

1.5/10

Riev:

Slayer rocks, his stats aren't the best, but he OHKO's a decent amount of Monsters.

7.5/10

Ismaire:

She has shit durability, but she's fast, and a critblick machine.

7.5/10

Selena:

Ponies don't matter anymore. But another staff user is pretty worth it in my book.

5/10

I wanted to give them all 0/10s except Orson for not helping me main game which I'm rating everyone else for, but Integ says that's not allowed. :(:

Caellach: He's not completely terrible and joins the earliest (for what it's worth ie not much). I guess hero's don't suck for Creature Campaign? 2.5/10

Orson: Hey this guy is doing stuff for me main game at least for a chapter, and that's worth more than about everyone else here. Other than that he kind of sucks, but 5x is a contribution. 4.5/10

Riev: Has slayer and staves. That's good for Creature Campaign, which is all he exists for. 3.5/10

Ismaire: Kind of sucks a lot. Has player phase offense, sort of? 2/10, bad even by CC standards.

Selena: For going through the tower 3 times, she's kind of awful. I could be using any other unit and they'd be better- even Ewan is helping me more if I put him through the tower 3 times. 0/10.

Never really used the Extra Units too much, so this review shouldn't be terribly biased.

Caellech: No Criticals on you! Negating criticals would be helpful...if there were more enemies in CC who could actually critical you pretty often. Otherwise, he's a Hero specializing in Axes. You simply get him by clearing the 3rd floor. Not difficult to get, and the extra Tomahawk is always appreciated. His starting stats are OK(except for his God awful speed), but they don't leave too much room for improvement since he's level 12. Thankfully though, you have Ruin grinding and infinite statboosters to fix that up in CC. So he gets a 5/10 from me for having sucky speed (which can still be fixed) and having a wasted item on him.

Orson: EFFing traitor...let's look at the loon(so much for being unbiased...)! So what does he give you? He gives you money! But we can already get plenty of that from the ruins...He gets you Runeswords! Which have terrible durability and can easily be found in the Tower and Ruins...Ooh, a Silver Lance! They become available after Chapter 17...Orson, what are you good at? Well, like Caellech, you do start out with an A/A weapon ranking. You've got high mobility, always nice to have. Let's look at your stats...excuse me while I go puke...OK much better. DEAR GOD, his stats are AWFUL! He's coming in as a Level 13 Promote, his luck is dismal, and he has little to no room for improvement. The only thing he really has going for him is his RES and STR, which are OK for a Paladin, but not at his level! And yes, there are infinite statboosters but...COME ON! Orson, spending all the time in the world with your undead rotting wife is not a good excuse for being so terrible, you loony! You do get him on your first run though on the 6th floor...I guess that's a good thing? Final verdict: 4/10 with his only redeeming qualities being mobility and how soon you get him.

Riev: Ah yes, the old...fart...or something...So, how do you get him? Kill 200 enemies in the tower. Easy enough considering you have to kill every enemy in your way to proceed. What does he come with? An Aura, very nice...a Purge, great for killing the Draco Zombies in the Ruins...and...more money....yep...money aside, I like what he came in with! Plus, he's a Bishop, so he gets all the anti-monster abilities that come with being a Bishop, perfect for CC! Wow, he's pretty skilled and fast for a walking pile of wrinkles! But his luck is sucky, and he comes in at level 16, having the LEAST room for improvement out of any of the Extra Units in the game. Plus, he can't really improve his weapon ranks since he's already got an S rank in light...but, infinite statboosters and you should already have at least one healer with an S rank in staves. So, how do I rate him? 7/10. Comes in with great items, works great with the mode he's put in, but his stats do leave some things to be desired...

Ismaire: Hello, unit-I-may-not-have-ever-seen-in-my-life-depending-on-what-route-I-took! Ah, a Swordmistress...this is who you get for clearing the tower once...anyways, she comes in with the lowest level out of all the extra units, giving her the MOST room for improvement. Her luck is pretty good too, but I kind of like my Swordmasters to be lucky. Somewhat strong, quick, very skilled, high RES, and fragile...she's just like a Falcoknight who's swordlocked and stuck on the ground, which isn't so bad. What does she come with? A Shamshir, criticals are always welcome...a master seal, in case I need to promote someone...and, what's this? A Wind Sword?! Yes, the only Wind Sword you get in the game is in Queen Ismaire's hands...I'll cherish that thing forever...Rating time! A 6/10. While she comes in with good weapons, the fact that she's what you get for having gone through the entire tower is a bit much. I'd rather her trade places with Riev since Riev is worth going through the tower once (and even then, I'd exchange Riev and Selena since I think Riev is worth going through the tower THREE times, but we'll get to Selena in a bit). Still, she's a swordmistress who comes in with decent stats.

Selena: Ah, Selena, the unit we all didn't really want to kill but had to. But is she really worth going through the tower thrice? I say no, but I'll explain that later. What does she have? A Bolting, very nice, but not as nice as a Purge on a Bishop...an Elfire, eh I could buy one easily...and a Recover staff, always welcome in my book. What, no money Selena? So her weapons are pretty good with the exception of Elfire, but now for her stats...excuse me while I go puke again...OK, seriously IS? She's one of Grado's finest, and you give her stats like that?! The old windbag is better than she is! I mean, look at her stats! While 7 movement is nice, the rest of her stats are not! She comes in at an OK level of 11, meaning she can improve, but she has a long way to go. Her magic is terrible. Her skill, terrible. Her speed...is OK. Really, speed and RES are all that are going for her. Now that I think about it, keep Ismaire as the prize for beating the tower once. Switch Selena and Riev, because those stats and items are NOT worth going through the tower thrice (though I'll probably end up getting her anyways). I'm sorry Selena, I really am, but I'm going to give you a cushioned score of 2.5/10. If you weren't so likeable, I'd drop you down to a 2/10, but a 2.5/10 it is.

Oh fun!!

These guys get inherently screwed for not having supports. Poor lot.

Caellach:

Pros:

Comes with that sweet Hoplan Guard that does help guys like Knoll.

Has some sweet weapons.

Decent weapon ranks.

Cons:

Hes kinda meh.

Bases are lame.

3/10

Orson:

Pros:

Horsie.

Comes with some cool stuff and a Red Gem if i remember correctly.

Cons:

Being like Seth in stats only Orson comes at like level 11 or something. His stats are close the Seth's bases which is ehh.

3/10

Riev:

Pros:

Slayer.

Good ranks.

Staff use.

Comes with Purge (yay free stuff) and some other goodies.

Cons:

Bases arent great.

Since he comes at a high level, theres no real room for him to grow.

5/10

Ismaire:

Pros:

Sweet, sweet Wind Sword. (also that Master Seal)

Ok bases.

Good growths

high speed.

Good sword rank.

Cons:

Low HP.

Sword lock due to being a Swordie.

A little frail at first.

6/10 Im kinda biased there. I like her.

Selena:

Pros:

Horsie.

Comes with Bolting i think.

Good ranks.

Staff use.

Cons:

Magic isnt too fabulous.

Meh speed.

A little fragile.

5/10 She makes a decent staffbot.

Caellach:

He's alright but nothing to write home about, free Tomahawks are nice though.

4.25/10

Orson:

He's on a pony, cool, but he sucks at it. Like, horribly sucks at it. And this is CC. We don't need LTC anymore.

1.5/10

Riev:

Slayer rocks, his stats aren't the best, but he OHKO's a decent amount of Monsters.

7.5/10

Ismaire:

She has shit durability, but she's fast, and a critblick machine.

7.5/10

Selena:

Ponies don't matter anymore. But another staff user is pretty worth it in my book.

5/10

Caellach gets 1 because his speed sucks, Riev gets 3 because of slayer and surprising bulk, Ismaire gets 1 because she doesn't exist on Ephraim, Selena gets 1 because she doesn't exist in Eirika.

Orson is an obvious 10 for his ingame performance.

Edited by General Horace

Can I just say that I really wanted to kill her?

No, you can't. Respect the mainstream, yo.

I'm not even going to bother voting, but tallying.

EDIT: Except Horace's vote. I'm not tallying Horace's vote.

EDIT2: Rexaura, you're a motherfucker, you know that?

At least you put the ratings in the proper order unlike some people.

Edited by Integrity

Yeah, ain't I a stinker?

I've just been a bit skeptical of how much detail I put into my explanations after the Syrene vote :\ But, yeah, I went overboard with my explanation this time. I'll try to limit it in the Ruins vote.

I'm unhappy with some of the results qq The pegasi sisters and Tana are too low, Cormag is overrated and so is Gerik

:^_^: CC ratings:

Caellach - 1/10 < I hate him for killing Ismaire so its a 5 - 4 bias.

Orson - 4.5/10 < why did he have to betray Renais? QQ

Riev - 3/10 < Creepy psycopath but he's quite decent as a unit

Ismaire - 10/10 < My tied favorite CC character ;w;

Selena - 5/10 < she's stupid and I ranted because I didn't want to kill her

Fado - 8/10 < Aww poor him QQ

Tana's dad - 8/10 < I love horse bow units ;w;

Glen - 10/10 < poor Cormag :sob: I actually liked Glen's character display more than Cormag ;3;

Valter - 0/10 < I hate Valter

Edited by Queen_Kittylincia