Organized Religion and why I want to do something about it

Dat Nick

Your point was that the two are incomparable, which they aren't as both are used as a means to discriminate and thus fit eclipse's point. I wasn't even debating the point you made, as it is your opinion on whether you think organised religion is good or not.

Indeed, eclipse has said what she meant, and I didn't contest it, I simply had a problem with the fact that the original wording seemed to imply something different. I apparantly interpreteed what she said incorrectly, and she's corrected that. I still believe that race and religion are incomparable in a lot of ways with regard to discrimination, but I think it goes without saying that discrimination will occur no matter what, and that it by definition depends on differences period.

I have yet to be convinced religion wasn't just some (potentially clever) dude's tool for manipulating people into mindlessly agreeing with his (potentially twisted) views. An unfortunate characteristic of modern and past religion is that the sort of thoughts had by people that follow them are such that they would not only disagree that they are letting some lowly human push them around for reasons of insecurity, but in their belief in a god or gods they would honestly view you as a heathen attempting to make them betray said gods.

How many people, intelligent or otherwise, would continue following rules that in doing so deprived them of the very free will and dignity they were so proud of? Perhaps they really are too weak to handle the truth.

Now I want you to picture a fat, stupid and overbearing individual discovering that the giant robot he had been worshiping had an acne covered little boy inside of it. He pulls the scrawny bastard out, scolds him for being so racist (spitting in his face inadvertently in the process due to the shape of his fat cheeks) and then throws the kid into a ditch.

hextator did anyone ever tell you that you write the sexiest fanfics?