• Unova (B/W)
  2. 2. Least Favorite Game

• Kanto (R/B/Y and/or FR/LG)
    • Johto (G/S/C and/or HG/SS)
    • Hoenn (R/S/E)
    • Sinnoh (D/P/P)
    • Unova (B/W)

• 1 month later...

Three favourites are unova, sinnoh and johnto, as I recently started playing them, so I remember them fondly.

Never been to hoenn so that least favourite

Favorite was Pokemon Silver.

It was the first time I seriously played a pokemon game, I had blue, but didn't really know how to play it.. Silver was just fun. It seemed like one of the best games ever at the time, and the music still is lodged in my head. Unova and Hoenn have a close second.

Least favorite was Diamond, it felt nice when I got it, but it quickly went away. The starters were a little bland and boring, The new pokemon in the early-mid routes were boring as heck, and the antogonists? Not that great. Platinum was better. Kanto was close, as well.

• 2 months later...

for me it is pretty hard to choose my favorite cause my first game was kanto but i like johto and hoenn as well. I still pick kanto as my favorite cause it s classic and still very fun. surprisingly my least favorite games are black/white. i thought they were too long and they made up too many ridiculous pokemon and new features

• 10 months later...

I'm not gonna vote on the poll because the options aren't done well.

My favourite games are Emerald and Black 2.

My least favourite games are Red/Blue/Yellow.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Favourite... Black2/White2 and HG/SS. Unova games made me invested again in Pokemon, It have a great story, and N is one of the best character made in a Pokemon game, or in general. Colress is a pretty interresting charcater as well, as a "friendly antagonist". He is affable, but he have a total like of empathy, and doesnn't care if the world is destroyed if it helps it in it research. Pretty scary guy, if you think about it.

HG/SS... Do I really needs to explain ? Even without the big nostalgia factor, it greatly improved a pretty great adventure, and allowed you to wlk around with your pokemons. It have absolutely everything a fan can dream for...

I'm actually a little ambivalent towards Hoenn. It have the best music, and added a lot of great thing, and have one of my all time favorite pokemon (Gardevoir)...

On another hand, except the starters, a lot of pokemon introduced here only became great/good in the game following their introduction. The 2 different team wasa pretty interresing concept, though...

Least Favourite : I finally voted Kanto. Never played FR/LG, but every other game improved the Original Knato games consideranly. Even Yellow, when HG/SS improved the formula greatly.. If I need Nostalgia, Johto do it best, sorry.
I voted Sinnoh as first, and I don't really now why... Sinnoh (Diamond) gave me my first Shiney (a wurmple), and Pokerus...

But somehow, I ended up leaving the game afterwards.

In fact, I was worried that GF wouldn't put any thought on their game, and forget completely their older fans, because we will buy their games anyway...

Thankfully, B/W, and now X/Y completely swept all those worries !

Edited by TendaSlimeKnight Ikkar

Why do so many people hate Sinnoh? Sinnoh is awesome. The Pokemon are nice and the music is awesome. Oh well. My favorite would have to be Johto and my least favorite would have to be Kanto. I can't really explain why I like Johto so much, I just do. Same for Kanto.

Favorite : Kanto. Part nostalgia, but the region was simple yet still had a lot of fun quirks here and there and it's just funny to break the game with a Gastly and/or a Geodude.

Least favorite : Sinnoh. Bad type distribution, unnecessary evolutions in terms of designs, slow gameplay for the first two games, honey trees being a frustrating mechanic. They did bring up the physical/special split in moves, which is probably the next best thing after unlimited TMs.

Oh my god I love Platinum. The music is awesome. The graphics are awesome. The pokemon are awesome. The one use TMs are meh.

I really don't like the new 5th gen pokemon. They don't feel animal like and more weird and creepy.

What's with all of the hate for Sinnoh?

I can't speak for others, but as cool as the region is thematically (har har) there were enough problems with balance, type/species distribution, and pacing that just outweigh the good points. Having to sit through "Saving a lot of data" every time you used the PC is a pretty big thing.

They improved a lot of it with Platinum/HGSS, admittedly, but not as much as they did with BW. I still like the games, it's just that after the fifth generation they feel like they could have been so much better.

On that note, Unova is my favorite, with Johto(/Kanto) as a close second. Unova had its story, Johto gave you two regions worth of things to do.

I love everything about Hoenn, and now that I think about it, the water routes aren't so bad. I only wish that my Sapphire's internal battery hadn't died.

I like all the regions, but my least favorite has to be Sinnoh, because Mt. Coronet divided the region in half. Also, I played some Pokemon Red again, and it sucked. I swear, that game is so broken...It gets lots of points for much nostalgia, though.

• 4 weeks later...

No Black 2/White 2 in the poll? Fail. I would've voted gen 5 if they were there. But I voted Sinnoh instead because Platinum is totally awesome. The story is even better than in Diamond/Pearl because Giratina and the Distortion World, these games have most of my favorite Pokemon, and Sinnoh is my favorite region. :3

Least favorite is gen 3. I like almost nothing about it.

Most Favorite: That one's easy! There are things I like about all the games, but Johto, especially the remakes, win it for me! Two regions is a win, most of my favorite music, towns, people, and pokemon are there, but the biggest for me is the following pokemon function in the remakes. The following pikachu in yellow always held a lot of charm for me, and when they included that feature in HGSS for all then 493 pokemon, I was beyond delighted! It really feels awesome having a pokemon walking outside of their ball beside you as you travel; you don't feel as alone. Not to mention having flippin huge Legendaries following you around was hilarious. It makes me very sad that they didn't continue using the feature for B/W and now X/Y (though maybe Pokemon Amie will make up for it).

Least Favorite: Very tough call since there isn't really a pokemon game I genuinely dislike, but if I was to grade on the pokemon for each generation alone, it'd probably have to be B/W. I don't hate the 5th gen pokemon, but not as many of them caught my interest compared to previous gens. But this does by no means mean that I hate B/W. On the contrary, I really enjoyed it for the story, and especially for N. Hands down, the best story and rival/antagonist in a pokemon game yet!

Why so much hate on Sinnoh? D: I admit D/P wasn't that good, but Platinum made up for that IMO.

Yeah, I agree with this. D/P wasn't the greatest (even though I still liked Sinnoh and the story and the Pokemon), but Platinum totally rocked!

• 3 weeks later...

Glad to see this site isn't full of a bunch of genwunners.

Johto was the most memorable for me (the remakes were fantastic) and Sinnoh was just forgettable and boring

also

Bidoof_by_Xous54.png

Edited by Meibay

Fave would be Sinnoh. I just enjoyed it like a lot after not playing Pokemon for a while.

Least would be the original Kanto. Never beat it and I even got to the E4 multiple times. I've never beaten Leaf Green either. While overall more enjoyable I just can't ever motivate myself enough to beat Gen 1 in either the original or remake.

Best: gen III

Worst: gen II

It's kind of odd that gen 2 is my least favorite, since I started playing pokemon with yellow, so gen II was my first full gen. Still, if I take away the nostalgia I have for it, I find the games really lackluster, and johto is just boring, especially compared to the perfection that is hoenn.

Edited by Nobody