[FE4] Rate the Unit XXIX

I would say the point is to not penalize them for not being the children characters. The fact that you lose Lakche is, to me, the only way you could possibly justify a 6 point difference in their scores. For example, Azel is scored at 5.3 points lower than Sigurd. Apparently Lakche has more over Radney than Sigurd has over Azel. lolno.

Right, but one point somebody made earlier is it still will be the case that they're compared to e.g. Oifaye, Shanan, and Leaf. Even if we say "don't penalize them for not being the children," we still basically indirectly penalize them for that because they're not going to ever rate as highly as fixed characters, and some children probably will rate as highly or maybe higher. Radney is clearly more bad than Lakche is in terms of which one is worse than Celice. Both are worse than Celice, but Lakche is less worse. Oops, now we've compared them. You see the difficulty there.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurrah for Badney! Other than the comical name, she's actually not awful. She gets plenty of strength and speed, which is nice. Her convo with Shannan nets her even more, although she'll always be a little frail. Promoting to Forrest isn't quite the same as SM, but 3 skill/speed and continue don't hurt that much.

Skill-wise, pursuit's enough as long as she gets a funky sword, usually a silver or maybe the Hero Sword if you're generous.

4/10 - Considering I gave Lakche a 5.5, she's not too bad. No astra, but you could do far worse!

Right, but one point somebody made earlier is it still will be the case that they're compared to e.g. Oifaye, Shanan, and Leaf. Even if we say "don't penalize them for not being the children," we still basically indirectly penalize them for that because they're not going to ever rate as highly as fixed characters, and some children probably will rate as highly or maybe higher. Radney is clearly more bad than Lakche is in terms of which one is worse than Celice. Both are worse than Celice, but Lakche is less worse. Oops, now we've compared them. You see the difficulty there.

This was exactly what I was saying was missing the point? Comparing them, indirectly, is fine. But you can't explain how the difference between Radney and Lakche is bigger than that between Sigurd and Azel. The only way to do so is to be like "Man, Radney sucks because if we have Radney we lose out on Lakche".

BigBangMeteor made a point about bias points, but Azel got +1 on 1 vote, soooo.

This was exactly what I was saying was missing the point? Comparing them, indirectly, is fine. But you can't explain how the difference between Radney and Lakche is bigger than that between Sigurd and Azel. The only way to do so is to be like "Man, Radney sucks because if we have Radney we lose out on Lakche".

Keep in mind that you're comparing average Sigurd - average Azel to high Lakche - low Radney. I did a quick calculation in my head, and average Lakche - average Radney is around 3 points, not 6.

Inflation!Radney: She may be not as good Lakche but with the Answerer from Leafy-boy she becomes a tac-nuke. When she promotes she is a god. 9.5/10

Vanilla!Radney: I'd rather have Celice beat up Blume with a gardening hose. 0/10

Uh, what? Try again and put some effort. And no one cares about inflation in here.

I can't explain that? Says who? These are subjective so it's entirely possible for somebody to honestly believe, and argue, that the difference between Lakche and Radney is equal to the difference between Sigurd and Azel. It may not make sense to you, and you may think it's wrong, but this is a purely subjective rating topic where the sole criteria to have your vote counted are "back it up with something" and "you get up to +/- 1 point of bias." If they fulfill both of these conditions, the fact that they separated two characters by six points means nothing to whether their vote is counted. Hell, you could argue a lot of people are making very off-the-cuff approximations, given that there is no real objective criteria for scoring. Some people consider a 7 "average," some people would put the "average" at 5, some people basically believe everyone's a 9+ or a 2-.

Such "nonsensical" gaps - which some may consider entirely sensible, mind you - are inevitable given the circumstances. Also, there's the possibility some specific person rated the difference between Sigurd/Azel much narrower than they actually rated Lakche/Radney, but the averages spread one out a lot more than the other. And complaining about the average score can't really hurt anyone specifically as an argument, because none of us control the average. If you're arguing that a given individual is being improperly inconsistent... well, I don't see anywhere in the rules that actually says you have to be, or how votes will be counted or not counted based on consistency in a person's prior vote history. Maybe we should, but we don't, so I wouldn't take the raw data all that seriously.

Pretty good combat, and swords are nice in this game for the most part. But she doesn't have a pony, and a better version of her exists.

4.5/10

That last part makes me tempted to throw the vote out, but since the rest of it's fine I'll allow it. If you do it again I'll throw it out though.

@BigBangMeteor:

If you're going to change your vote again, please change it in your vote post. I almost missed it.

3.44 for Radney.

Okay... So, she has the same availbilty as Lakche. Great. She has no Astra. Sadfais. She promotes into a Forrest!? Fuck, the ONLY thing Radney has going for her is availbility. 2.5/10