Editing the FE6 Patch

Popo

82 members have voted

1. 1. Should the name "Miledy" be kept or retranslated to something else?

2. 2. Should the name "Yuno" be changed to "Juno"?

'eirucariba' sounds nothing like one would think 'alacalibur' sounds though ;\

That's because you don't understand how the Japanese transliterate things.

EDIT: Disregard that. I misread the previous comment.

Edited by Dalsin

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is the project still active since no one has posted on here for over a month now.

I'm busy with graduate school stuff at the moment. >o<

guys guys guys you're all wrong

it should clearly be "ailcalibur" or "alecalibur"

just think about it for a second

was "airman" エアーマン or エイルマン (hint: it's the former)

hence it should not be "aircalibur." i prefer one of my alternate transliterations because one of them implies inflicting pain on something (which is what the spell does, namely, to fliers) and the other one reminds one of a fantastic beverage, and everyone likes fantastic beverages.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of more notes that I found that:

We might need to change Dragon Knight to Wyvern Rider and Dragon Master to Wyvern Lord since that was named in FE7 and FE8.

I found an error on the Tutorial Script on Roy's defeat quote from Cecilia's conversation on the last line of "rest" that have completely whipped the T and the S looked cutted in half.

And also, should we probably going to change the game title to Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals to Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade, since that was the official given name mentioned that was given outside of Japan.

And should we change to the given possible names as Dieck to Deke and Rutger to Rutoga also?

Edited by King Marth 64

change the game title from Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals to Fire Emblem: The Blinding Blade, since that was the official given name mentioned outside of Japan
Alright, there's nothing wrong with changing it's name, but it would have worked if it was given that title not long after it's introduction in SSB, not 11 years (give or take a few) after it's release. Also, many fans already know it as Sword of Seals - not to mention that the important weapon Roy gets near the end in that game is called Sword of Seals, and not Blinding Blade, meaning that changing the title might mean having to change that weapon's name. Furthermore, SSBB doesn't count as Official (unless it was given that name by IS in some place or another. And we all know what happens when you consider SSB stuff as canon).

He typo'd. It's called the "Binding Blade" in the English version of SSBB, which is a legit translation of "Fuuin no Tsurugi". Just like how "Rekka no Ken" is "The Blazing Sword".

However, it's fair to mention that in SSBM Roy's trophy called it "The Sword of Seals".

Alright, there's nothing wrong with changing it's name, but it would have worked if it was given that title not long after it's introduction in SSB, not 11 years (give or take a few) after it's release. Also, many fans already know it as Sword of Seals - not to mention that the important weapon Roy gets near the end in that game is called Sword of Seals, and not Blinding Blade, meaning that changing the title might mean having to change that weapon's name. Furthermore, SSBB doesn't count as Official (unless it was given that name by IS in some place or another. And we all know what happens when you consider SSB stuff as canon).

He typo'd. It's called the "Binding Blade" in the English version of SSBB, which is a legit translation of "Fuuin no Tsurugi". Just like how "Rekka no Ken" is "The Blazing Sword".

However, it's fair to mention that in SSBM Roy's trophy called it "The Sword of Seals".

Actually, I found that The Binding Blade title was mentioned in the official website for FE7 also. (which that was came before Brawl, which it had Cellica as Celica and Dark Dragon and Sword of Light as Shadow Dragons and Blade of Light also mentioned before they used it in Brawl)

The first Fire Emblem game for the Game Boy Advance was 2002's Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. This game features Roy, who also appeared in Super Smash Bros. Melee. Fire Emblem: Rekka No Ken followed a year later. The action in this prequel to The Binding Blade centers on Roy's father, Eliwood. The first Fire Emblem game released in the United States is a direct port of Rekka No Ken, which loosely translates as "Blazing Sword."

Edited by DigiPen92

Actually, I found that The Binding Blade title was mentioned in the official website for FE7 also. (which that was came before Brawl, which it had Cellica as Celica and Dark Dragon and Sword of Light as Shadow Dragons and Blade of Light also mentioned before they used it in Brawl)

Don't forget to call the main character Serlis.

I think I'm going to lock this. This doesn't seem to be a very hight priority for Popo, and the most recent replies have been nonsensical.

Popo, send me a PM when you're ready to get back to work on this, and I'll reopen it for you.