Lyle's Character review topic.

Her portrait, comparing to PoR, is. But not her artwork. I mean come on...she was a goddess in PoR, and now look at this!

You kidding? You mean her official art? Astrid's RD official art is stunning! I was like, "I am so using you!"

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kidding? You mean her official art? Astrid's RD official art is stunning! I was like, "I am so using you!"

*Looks at the character art.*

She's right! Nightmare, you're full of it.

Actually I did say her artwork (or official art, whichever you prefer) is good. Just her in-game portrait is...underwhelming, especially after what I saw in PoR.

EDIT: Lawl failed.

Edited by Nightmare

A little update:

Brom is still pretty speed screwed at 20/20/11 and only 23 speed. I have a feeling I'm gonna need to give him some speedwings.

Also, Danved and Makalov are having some speed problems as well. But I think I can fix that.

On the other hand, Astrid is slowly but surely improving. Though I can't really see much of a difference with Blossom, but theres really no damage done, so I may as well keep it on just in case.

I've also noticed that I always end up using Bexp to get Micaiah to level 20/20. It's not cause I need to make up for not using her, but she turns out better when I bexp abuse her. Before I did she was on the path to barely capping any stat other than Magic luck and res. Now that I bexp abused her, she has everything capped cept STr and Def. And they aren't too bad considering she's a mage and all.

Also, Ulki is still capped in pretty much everything. And Tanith is remaining the same.

Leonardo I think is gonna need some work to. He's a sniper and he only has 23 speed. Or something like that. But he's doing well in other stats. So I'm not too worried. But I have to keep an eye out for him.

I'm sure most of you will hate me for saying this, but I'm excited for when I get Oliver. The epitome of 'beauty'. He's the whole reason I did this run-through. Well, him and Meg.

It's funny how Makalov is speed screwed since he has the best speed growth in the game.

I know right?

Anyway, his stats are pretty well rounded right now. And he's only at 20/20/5 so I shouldn't be too worried yet. I am worried about Brom though. But I'll work something out. I do have the goddess' blessing to take into account too. Of course that shows up when the game's difficulty dissapears after the Dragon level.....

A little update:

Brom is still pretty speed screwed at 20/20/11 and only 23 speed. I have a feeling I'm gonna need to give him some speedwings.

Also, Danved and Makalov are having some speed problems as well. But I think I can fix that.

On the other hand, Astrid is slowly but surely improving. Though I can't really see much of a difference with Blossom, but theres really no damage done, so I may as well keep it on just in case.

I've also noticed that I always end up using Bexp to get Micaiah to level 20/20. It's not cause I need to make up for not using her, but she turns out better when I bexp abuse her. Before I did she was on the path to barely capping any stat other than Magic luck and res. Now that I bexp abused her, she has everything capped cept STr and Def. And they aren't too bad considering she's a mage and all.

Also, Ulki is still capped in pretty much everything. And Tanith is remaining the same.

Leonardo I think is gonna need some work to. He's a sniper and he only has 23 speed. Or something like that. But he's doing well in other stats. So I'm not too worried. But I have to keep an eye out for him.

I'm sure most of you will hate me for saying this, but I'm excited for when I get Oliver. The epitome of 'beauty'. He's the whole reason I did this run-through. Well, him and Meg.

its weird that you're having problems with Micaiah. my micaiahs are usually BEASTS! the only thing she's ever bad at is at defense, but she's a magic user, which is expected.

It's funny how Makalov is speed screwed since he has the best speed growth in the game.

WTF! Makalov has the best speed growth in the game?! (checks SF's RD growth page) OMG it's true! I never would have expected that. Too bad it's kinda ruined by him not having a speed cap as high as other classes...

its weird that you're having problems with Micaiah. my micaiahs are usually BEASTS! the only thing she's ever bad at is at defense, but she's a magic user, which is expected.

Well, my Micaiah's are beasts as well, it just takes some effort to get there.

One thing I've noticed in this game, (At least with the way I play it.) If you want to focus on certain characters, there are other characters that suffer because of it.

EX: This round, I wanted to use Meg. So I gave her a little more screentime in the levels. Unfortunatley, Edward missed out and he's level 9 myrmidon at part 4.

I hope that makes sense.

WTF! Makalov has the best speed growth in the game?! (checks SF's RD growth page) OMG it's true! I never would have expected that. Too bad it's kinda ruined by him not having a speed cap as high as other classes...

Well at least he gets there. Of course my Makalov is proving to say otherwise. <_<

Wth? Lol. I still call him Denvad.

I'm thinking of just making an entire list of names for Devdan. 'Gonad' is one I used in a different topic. I added onto it by saying Gonzo.

Current list:

Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzo/Gonzales/Martinez/Marty

Where th are these names coming from?

Pure imagination and instinct. I just think of the first funny thing to come to mind when I look at the previous name.

Okay, so it's a stupid gimmick! But it was a stupid idea for them to do the whole name-change thing in the first place though!

Edited by Lyle Dayek

Isn't that how life is?

I'd certainly like to think so.

Anyway, that's enough rambling, on a topic relevant thing: Tanith is doing pretty good. She's nearly capped in everything and is only level 20/20/7. Mind you right now she's only capped def, but she's only 1 stat point away from being capped in all areas with the exception of luck which is 2 and Hp which is three.

I'm still not sure if she qualifies as ugly. I've never found her attractive, but I haven't found her unnatractive either. And her Seraph knight costume is pretty beautiful.

Umm so what is the point of this topic anyway?

It's my documentation of my 'ugly runthrough' of Radiant dawn. Pretty much a review of characters people don't like to use do to severe aethetic deficiencies.

If those big words were used correctly.

Well I give Meg a 10/10 she is one of the best marshalls in the game even though no one likes her I myself hate her but I have to admit she is the best marshall in the game if you train her well enough. I still prefer gatrie though even though he is weaker then her just because he is cooler then that fatso.

I also concur. Tanith's not really ugly, just kinda scary.

Well, she's level 10 and nearly capped in everything. I'm really considering taking her. If I have room. I'm not sure how many ugly people I have raised.

I'm going to use Oliver. I just haven't gotten him yet.

Current Main Party:

Meg: Just as underrated as everyone says she is. She may be a ugly cow, but she can tear through most anything.

Brom: At first I thought Brom was the shit. He was an impenetrable force that beats the shit out of everything. Now he's a bit speed screwed at 23 speed at Level 20/20/9. I might have to give him some speedwings to get him to cap it. He does have def and luck capped now though.

Makalov: He's kicking a lot of ass himself. I have him right now at level 20/20/3 and while he only has luck capped, his other stats are pretty well-rounded.

Astrid: She's not really ugly IMO, but I was threatened in the chatroom to use her, and I never really have, so I'm giving her a shot. And as of right now she's not proving to be very promising I'm sorry to say. She's very speed and def screwed right now, but she's only 20/18 so she still has a chance to make up for it. I think the combination of paragon and Blossom will help her out immensly as well. I haven't given up on her yet.

Boyd: Yowza! He has an immense STR! He's killing people left and right. I was told he was a beast, but I didn't think he was a slaughter fest! I'm considering from now on benching Gatrie and Shinon in favor of him and Mist.

Mist: See first post.

Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzo: He's doing really well in some stats, but bad in others. Right now he's screwed in Res, Str, and Def. Not good stats to be screwed in for a Sentinel. But his other stats are mad good and he's only 20/20/3 so he still has room to make up for Def and STr. I'm not very worried about Res for him.

There are others, but I don't feel like typing anymore. TBC.

Was it Nightmare?