Lyle's Character review topic.

I'm using Meg in my current playthrough, and she's pretty good. There's only one significan problem, though. HER CLASS.

No, I don't have anything against Armoured classes (look at my avatar) but the bad movement really hurts on someone who is more of an offensive unit than a tank. Did anyone else here have this problem.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using Meg in my current playthrough, and she's pretty good. There's only one significan problem, though. HER CLASS.

No, I don't have anything against Armoured classes (look at my avatar) but the bad movement really hurts on someone who is more of an offensive unit than a tank. Did anyone else here have this problem.

This is true. I usually use the General class for blockades or something. But celerity/boots are good to correct their movement flaw.

Though I'd rather not rely on something like that.

You know.....I didn't want to make a topic about it, but I wanted to announce it:

I think from now on......my main halbreder is gonna be Aran.

I mean his major flaw is speed right? I've pretty much have figured out a way to counter-act that, and now that I have he's pretty freaking beast.

I mean, I've never had a problem with Nephenne, but one thing I like to do is be different from those around me, (hence the fact I use Meg instead of Edward.) and Nephenne seems deemed a God of battle.

So, I'm making Aran my official Wishblade user from now on. Sorry all you Nephenne fans. Aran FTW.

(For now at least.)

You know.....I didn't want to make a topic about it, but I wanted to announce it:

I think from now on......my main halbreder is gonna be Aran.

I mean his major flaw is speed right? I've pretty much have figured out a way to counter-act that, and now that I have he's pretty freaking beast.

I mean, I've never had a problem with Nephenne, but one thing I like to do is be different from those around me, (hence the fact I use Meg instead of Edward.) and Nephenne seems deemed a God of battle.

So, I'm making Aran my official Wishblade user from now on. Sorry all you Nephenne fans. Aran FTW.

(For now at least.)

Funny you should mention that, because I'm using Aran too. He's pretty good in my experience, his only flaws are has speed and the fact that he is in the same class as one of the most insanely loved and overrated characters of all time. (don't get me wrong, Neph is amazing, but that dosn't make Aran obsolete, he deserves some attention too)

Anyone elso want to join the Meg and Aran fan club?

My sentiments exactly. And since I've figured out a way to counter his speed problem, Aran is a freaking beast. He only lacks in luck, res, and magic at this point. Which isn't too bad. I'm gonna take him to the endgame this round, see how he does and depending on how epic he does, he might be my new regular halberder.

He does cap Skill Def and Str pretty quickly. (At least in my case.) Then I just BEXP abuse him if I got some extra.

If he has his speed up there, he's a monster. I mean Nephenne's amazing, but Aran is just more fun for me. It's like, it'd be so easy to ignore him and use Nephenne instead, But it's like Aran's more of a challenge. Plus he's in Micaiah's team no matter what so I just give him all the battle exp in her chapters. With Nephenne I have to split her time (Granted Ike's team has more battle time and more EXP) between several other units. But I usually recruit Jill and Zihark onto Ike's team early on so that they'll get more EXP and give the rest of Micaiah's team a chance to shine.

Well after my last playthrough that I just completed, I've established/re-established a few things.

1. Ike and Elincia should have a f***ing paired ending.

2. Ena and Kurth should have a paired ending as well.

3. Sothe is FUCKING useless by the endgame. He can't even kill the spirits with Peshkatz or whatever. Sothe is good for the first half of the game, but after he promotes, he's pretty much useless.

4. I'm an idiot for not giving Volke gamble. With it and Baselard, he's got about a 90% critical rate on average, and a 70% hit. I think that's good odds.

5. Ike needs to promote earlier.

6. Elincia rules. With Amiti, she can do a total of 80 damage to Ashera on easy.

7. One big thing about this playthrough was that I wanted to use Aran in the endgame instead of Nephenee. Here's a rough comparison between the two.

Aran:

Goodpoints:

1. Killer attack/Defence/Skill

2. With BEXP it's fairly easy to overcome the speed problem

3. Good availability.

4. VERY useful considering Micaiah's other crappy units once you take Zihark, Jill, and Illyana away.

5. A fun character to use. It's kinda a challenge to get his speed up, and the work you put into it, kinda makes it more fun to use him.

Bad Points:

1. Shitty luck/Res/magic. Magic isn't that important, but with the last three levels of the game having heavy magic users, the low resistance hurts him. And it's not essential, but it's nice to get lucky once in a while.

2. He starts out like crap.

Nephenee:

Goodpoints:

1. All around good unit.

2. She's pretty much the only unit I use in chapters 1&2 in Part 2. So that gives her EXP advantage.

3. Good availability.

4. You never have to fight her. So you won't have to worry about leveling her up too much and then have her kill members of the dawn brigade(or whatever) when you fight her.

5. She comes with wrath.

Badpoints:

1. She's not really stunning in any stat. Mind you, she's good, but there's no real thrill. I guess this goes back to Aran being fun to use.

2. EVERYONE uses her. I like to be different.

3. The rashes thing kinda creeped me out.

4. She has a southern accent. Which can be cute. But when she's talking like that right next to Brom, it seems uncivilized...

So all in all, I think I'm gonna use Aran from now on and see if I can work around that RES problem.

8. Special thanks to whomever told me how to get the convo between Soren and Almedha. I forgot who it was, but it worked.

9. Special thanks to Songbird. I'd tell you what she helped me with, but I'm too lazy to type it, so I'll type this longer sentence about why I won't type it.

On my next runthrough, I'm gonna do a Paladins playthrough. (Mist counts.)

Titania

Oscar

Fiona

Makalov

Astrid

Kirean

Geoffrey

Renning

Mist

Naesala (For Laguz king and for leanee support.)

Well after my last playthrough that I just completed, I've established/re-established a few things.

1. Ike and Elincia should have a f***ing paired ending.

2. Ena and Kurth should have a paired ending as well.

3. Sothe is FUCKING useless by the endgame. He can't even kill the spirits with Peshkatz or whatever. Sothe is good for the first half of the game, but after he promotes, he's pretty much useless.

4. I'm an idiot for not giving Volke gamble. With it and Baselard, he's got about a 90% critical rate on average, and a 70% hit. I think that's good odds.

5. Ike needs to promote earlier.

6. Elincia rules. With Amiti, she can do a total of 80 damage to Ashera on easy.

7. One big thing about this playthrough was that I wanted to use Aran in the endgame instead of Nephenee. Here's a rough comparison between the two.

Aran:

Goodpoints:

1. Killer attack/Defence/Skill

2. With BEXP it's fairly easy to overcome the speed problem

3. Good availability.

4. VERY useful considering Micaiah's other crappy units once you take Zihark, Jill, and Illyana away.

5. A fun character to use. It's kinda a challenge to get his speed up, and the work you put into it, kinda makes it more fun to use him.

Bad Points:

1. Shitty luck/Res/magic. Magic isn't that important, but with the last three levels of the game having heavy magic users, the low resistance hurts him. And it's not essential, but it's nice to get lucky once in a while.

2. He starts out like crap.

Nephenee:

Goodpoints:

1. All around good unit.

2. She's pretty much the only unit I use in chapters 1&2 in Part 2. So that gives her EXP advantage.

3. Good availability.

4. You never have to fight her. So you won't have to worry about leveling her up too much and then have her kill members of the dawn brigade(or whatever) when you fight her.

5. She comes with wrath.

Badpoints:

1. She's not really stunning in any stat. Mind you, she's good, but there's no real thrill. I guess this goes back to Aran being fun to use.

2. EVERYONE uses her. I like to be different.

3. The rashes thing kinda creeped me out.

4. She has a southern accent. Which can be cute. But when she's talking like that right next to Brom, it seems uncivilized...

So all in all, I think I'm gonna use Aran from now on and see if I can work around that RES problem.

8. Special thanks to whomever told me how to get the convo between Soren and Almedha. I forgot who it was, but it worked.

9. Special thanks to Songbird. I'd tell you what she helped me with, but I'm too lazy to type it, so I'll type this longer sentence about why I won't type it.

On my next runthrough, I'm gonna do a Paladins playthrough. (Mist counts.)

Titania

Oscar

Fiona

Makalov

Astrid

Kirean

Geoffrey

Renning

Mist

Naesala (For Laguz king and for leanee support.)

Hey, you stole my idea. Kind of. Good luck with Fiona, she's a pain to raise. I'm taking everyone you listed, except I'm taking Marcia instead of Naesala. Just because I have never seen a Seraph Knight yet. And I'd want to use one.

Hey, you stole my idea. Kind of. Good luck with Fiona, she's a pain to raise. I'm taking everyone you listed, except I'm taking Marcia instead of Naesala. Just because I have never seen a Seraph Knight yet. And I'd want to use one.

I thought you were doing a mage runthrough?

Anyway, the Paladins are usually the ones I ignore. Though I've always wanted to use Renning.

hmm Maybe I'll use Caineghis instead. I haven't used him since my first playthrough.

Anyway, I worked on Fiona this last runthrough. I hated her mostly. But eventually she got okay. Bearable anyway.

My next runthrough after this I'm doing: 'People I hate.'

Edward

Geoffrey

Bastian

and a few others.

Anyway, the Paladins are usually the ones I ignore. Though I've always wanted to use Renning.

hmm Maybe I'll use Caineghis instead. I haven't used him since my first playthrough.

Anyway, I worked on Fiona this last runthrough. I hated her mostly. But eventually she got okay. Bearable anyway.

Edward

Geoffrey

Bastian

and a few others.

Nah, I finished that. I would've thought you hated the obvious characters. Since EVERYONE hates Renning and Bastian. Also, Bastian is pretty good for a pre-promote, he capped Speed and Magic and had good Defense and STR.

Edited by Knife

Nah, I finished that. I would've thought you hated the obvious characters. Since EVERYONE hates Renning and Bastian. Also, Bastian is pretty good for a pre-promote, he capped Speed and Magic and had good Defense and STR.

Well I don't hate Renning. But I do hate Bastian.

But I also hate units people love like Edward.

Current list:

Edward

Bastian

Sothe

Geoffrey

Tibarn (I'm starting to hate him anyway)

Tormod

Tauroneo

Ehh, I'll play it by ear. I gotta focus on my paladin playthrough first.

Well I don't hate Renning. But I do hate Bastian.

But I also hate units people love like Edward.

Current list:

Edward

Bastian

Sothe

Geoffrey

Tibarn (I'm starting to hate him anyway)

Tormod

Tauroneo

Ehh, I'll play it by ear. I gotta focus on my paladin playthrough first.

Why do u h8 them?

Sothe: THE WORST FUCKING STR!!!!!! He's really useful for the first part of the game. but once he promotes he suuks. And you're forced to take him, when you've got another assassin waiting in the wings for a chance to slit someone's throat. for a nominal fee of course.

Tormod: Shitty availability. Takes EXP from other people in Part 1

Tauroneo: Eh. I don't really hate him. But I don't really like him either.

I'm going to use Oliver. I just haven't gotten him yet.

Current Main Party:

Meg: Just as underrated as everyone says she is. She may be a ugly cow, but she can tear through most anything.

Brom: At first I thought Brom was the shit. He was an impenetrable force that beats the shit out of everything. Now he's a bit speed screwed at 23 speed at Level 20/20/9. I might have to give him some speedwings to get him to cap it. He does have def and luck capped now though.

Makalov: He's kicking a lot of ass himself. I have him right now at level 20/20/3 and while he only has luck capped, his other stats are pretty well-rounded.

Astrid: She's not really ugly IMO, but I was threatened in the chatroom to use her, and I never really have, so I'm giving her a shot. And as of right now she's not proving to be very promising I'm sorry to say. She's very speed and def screwed right now, but she's only 20/18 so she still has a chance to make up for it. I think the combination of paragon and Blossom will help her out immensly as well. I haven't given up on her yet.

Boyd: Yowza! He has an immense STR! He's killing people left and right. I was told he was a beast, but I didn't think he was a slaughter fest! I'm considering from now on benching Gatrie and Shinon in favor of him and Mist.

Mist: See first post.

Devdan/Danved/Gonad/Gonzo: He's doing really well in some stats, but bad in others. Right now he's screwed in Res, Str, and Def. Not good stats to be screwed in for a Sentinel. But his other stats are mad good and he's only 20/20/3 so he still has room to make up for Def and STr. I'm not very worried about Res for him.

There are others, but I don't feel like typing anymore. TBC.

I know someone who done the exact same playthough as you O:

I don't think you know him, but I think its just coincidence ^^

Lol.

Then it must be the 100 monkey theory.

At any given time, when one person comes up with an idea, 99 other people will think of the same idea.

Edward

Geoffrey

Bastian

and a few others.

Bastian is a pretty good unit. I had to use him last pt since he was the only decent mage I had.

I'm going to regret asking this but what the heck is monkey theory?
Lol.

Then it must be the 100 monkey theory.

At any given time, when one person comes up with an idea, 99 other people will think of the same idea.