Prize Tournament

Rehab

Character Restrictions: Yeah right.

-Stage Restrictions: Just don't pick something stupid.

-No items.

-4-stock, 10-minute time limit. That should be plenty. Best 2/3 wins normally, 3/5 finals.

-Prize: $50 of Wii points from me. If anybody knows how to make loser's brackets, $20 in points to the winner of that, or $50 if I somehow win the whole thing.

I hope to make the brackets by Sunday night, but I'm flexible. Time limits for matches will be about a week per round, but I won't be a minute gestapo, and I'll move forward if all the matches get done.

Current Up-On's:

-I

-Lyle Dalek

-Serene

-Zanryu

-CGV

-ChaosNinji

-Hikarusa

-Princess Kilvas

-MaSu

-Knife

-Fox

-Metal Arc

-Zero the Hero

-Raymond

Brackets get.

Semi's:

1. MaSu vs. Fox

2. Mac

Voice all complaints loudly.

Edited by Mac

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Character Restrictions: Yeah right.

-Stage Restrictions: Just don't pick something stupid.

-No items.

-4-stock, 10-minute time limit. That should be plenty. Best 2/3 wins normally, 3/5 finals.

-Prize: $50 of Wii points from me. If anybody knows how to make loser's brackets, $20 in points to the winner of that, or $50 if I somehow win the whole thing.

I hope to make the brackets by Sunday night, but I'm flexible. Time limits for matches will be about a week per round, but I won't be a minute gestapo, and I'll move forward if all the matches get done.

Current Up-On's:

-Me

-Myself

-I

Well this got interesting, I think I'll have to play now.

Also what do you mean by the stuff I've bolded, if it means what I think it means and you need help with loser bracket's I can help you, I've hosted a double elimnation tournament at my school for four years now so I know loser brackets. If that's not what your asking for, then nvm

I hope you're willing to wait, cause the other ones aren't done yet.

I think MaSu's tournament is done with and Lyle's one is not going to happen, same with my brother's so it look's like he has an opening to do it

I'll join for a prize.

Yeah this will probably be the biggest turn out of all the tournament's, it's even got me practicing again. It's so bad, I'm going to squeeze out as much practice during the day as I can

I'm in. >_>

This is only in here so that it's longer than 2 words.

Green Greens is my favorite stage. Does it count as something stupid?

Edited by Hikarusa

I'm in. >_>

This is only in here so that it's longer than 2 words.

Green Greens is my favorite stage. Does it count as something stupid?

By stupid he mean's large place's like NPC or Temple, or gay stages like Mario Bros, or Wario Ware (I think)

I'm fine with Green Greens. Basically, so long as nobody bitches because of the stage they get swept on, I'll be cool with it.

While those are the favored stages by a lot of tourney derps, there are a fair amount of other neutral stages, like Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise and Halberd. Even on most stages that aren't of neutral setup, like Pirate Ship or even Hanenbow, "losing to the stage" can be attributed to your fault, as in not knowing the stage, or the other person just taking better advantage of its conditions than you. Mute City and the Mario Rainbow Stage were legal in Melee days, for example. However, stages that are really huge and stages where there's a ridiculous amount of superpowerful hazards, and in some cases walkoffs, are generally banned.

While those are the favored stages by a lot of tourney derps, there are a fair amount of other neutral stages, like Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise and Halberd. Even on most stages that aren't of neutral setup, like Pirate Ship or even Hanenbow, "losing to the stage" can be attributed to your fault, as in not knowing the stage, or the other person just taking better advantage of its conditions than you. Mute City and the Mario Rainbow Stage were legal in Melee days, for example. However, stages that are really huge and stages where there's a ridiculous amount of superpowerful hazards, and in some cases walkoffs, are generally banned.

So basicaly the list I threw up there earlier plus or minus a few other stages

I forgot about Yoshi's island, but I wouldn't count Halberd for the guns and claw and Lylat Cruise tilts a lot. Generally, when the stage "kills me" it isn't because I didn't know what was happening, but rather because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can see fights being fought on any stage if the players agree to it, but I would see that as the only reason.

Actually I have to agree with Fox on this one, only because there is something to fight for. Not like in the last 3 or more tournament's where we fought for fun. This time there's a prize, If needed I'll go recheck Smashboards (ugh) to see if they have updated their banned stage list for tournament play cause this is what I saw last time

All the stages I mentioned earlier plus

75M

Port Town

Spear Piller

But this is only if needed

Yeah, Halberd is a bit of a stretch for neutral, but the hazards are quite avoidable and the stage structure is pretty vanilla, and the stage tilting on Lylat Cruise doesn't disrupt high-level fights for the stage to be booted.

Edit: Also, stages that aren't considered neutral are called "counterpicks." They're legal.

Edited by Dr.Dorian

I forgot about Yoshi's island, but I wouldn't count Halberd for the guns and claw and Lylat Cruise tilts a lot. Generally, when the stage "kills me" it isn't because I didn't know what was happening, but rather because I was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can see fights being fought on any stage if the players agree to it, but I would see that as the only reason.

If you get hit by the lazer or cannon you just suck at the game and it rarely uses the claw.

The only times I get killed by the stage are either Rumble Falls or because I'm retarded.

Yeah, Halberd is a bit of a stretch for neutral, but the hazards are quite avoidable and the stage structure is pretty vanilla, and the stage tilting on Lylat Cruise doesn't disrupt high-level fights for the stage to be booted.

Edit: Also, stages that aren't considered neutral are called "counterpicks." They're legal.

Don't remind me about counter pick's I still have a sore spot from the last tournment that had a counterpick (I lost in a close match)