Creationz

Mercenary Lord

New Stuff:
trGAuRA.gif

Whoosh.

47WGAzh.gif
Pew pew.

O7NW9.png
An newer version of the captain sprite, with some bad shading but a better design.
gFI5U.png
Ninja Potato. 'Nuff said.
pcVY5.png
Gerald the Cavalier/Paladin.
QYFF5.png
Two light icons. One has bad dithering.

[spoiler=The Archives]
This is where all of my super duper old stuff goes.
MyFirstMug.png?t=1315345193
Whoever the f*ck this is. My first splice, consisting of Raven's face, Joshua's awesome hat, and Heath?'s body. You love this, don't lie.
th_JaredMug.png?t=1315345194
My second attempt at splicing, only slightly less terrible.

th_YoungishOswin.jpg?t=1315345192
A 'younger' version of Oswin that I accidentally saved as a JPEG. sad.gif

th_Elle.png?t=1315345192
Another attempt at splicing. Not successful.

It was about this time I decided that mug-spriting was not for me. I changed focus, and went on to make...
th_MyVanguard-1.png?t=1315345193
This. One of my first battle sprites ever, an attempt at the Third tier for the Hero class, the Vanguard. Isn't it gorgeous?

It wasn't gorgeous. But I persisted. No terrible sprite was gonna tear me down!
So, a few months later, I created THIS:
th_Thing.png
Which was a definite step in the right direction, but I was still missing my mark.

So I stopped for like six months and did nothing but do nothing. During my period of inactivity I came up with a bunch of little random thingies that were to small too really be called good or bad.
NoShieldHero1.png?t=1315345207
th_Version3.png Made this one to try and help a friend...
Mymap.png
Eventually, I felt like I should give spriting another try, so I did!

[spoiler=Archives: Pt. 2]
Icons.pngth_CriticalBoostingItems.png
A bunch of equip-able item icons, as well as five 'card' icons. They're currently being used in FEPS.

Then, I went on to make this:
WyvernAlmostFinal-NoCrit.png
A almost fully completed sprite sheet for a riderless wyvern. I love this sprite sheet. BUT IT'S UNFINISHED.
-
And these are my latest creations.
Animation1.png
A Mercenary Throwing animation, because if you can throw axes and spears, you should be able to throw swords.
th_BaseSprite.pngth_BaseFrame.png
These are the two main lords from FEPS, Jessica and James.
ELIWUSS IS NO MORE.
Eliwoodmagicswrd.png

Who needs a tiny baby sword when you can have this?

Edited by Mercenary Lord

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wyvern is for my game. The idea is that Joeda is the last wyvern rider in the entire world, and all the other riders died. When they died, their mounts went insane and became wild wyverns. They are shunned by the original dragons of old as bastard dragons and attack anything in a crazed fervor. However, pegasi are still quite tamed.

ML has like, two other huge spriting projects (Animating the two lords, their four classes and weapons) before he'd probably tackle wild pegasi xD

Once we get legit started on the game, after FEXP is more up to par with romhacking and not missing the essential features, you'll see how great my planned story is, and crazed horses will seem silly.

Unless they have vampires riding them.

Bitches love vampires riding crazed horses.

The wyvern is for my game. The idea is that Joeda is the last wyvern rider in the entire world, and all the other riders died. When they died, their mounts went insane and became wild wyverns. They are shunned by the original dragons of old as bastard dragons and attack anything in a crazed fervor. However, pegasi are still quite tamed.

I hope you realize most animals, or people for that matter, are not born "tamed". Though if you interpret all wyverns and pegisi to have been domesticated, that's up to you.

Wild HORSIES? NUH-UH. That'd be too cool. They'd like, be all RAAAWR. and stuff. Why didn't I think of that? I'll get right on-

*sees Klok's post*

Uh...never mind...I'm a bit to busy.

(P.S. Deranger-That map was from a while back, and I never intended for it to be anything other than a test map.)

Edited by Mercenary Lord

I didn't make the mug in my avatar, the credit for that has to be given to the almighty Lord Yoshimus. (Or Yoshirider.)

Oh, that's my bad. But the stuff in your thread is pretty well done.

Red guy:

- Disproportionate. His upper body is too wide for his lower body (that goes for his shoulders too).

- There is way too much black outline.

- His pants is poorly shaded; lighter shades don't hug black outlines.

- His tree trunks legs from the knee down (the red) is too thick.

- His right (opv) wrist is non-existent.

- It doesn't look like he is actually holding the axe.

- I've seen the portrait before, doesn't he have a Franz-like physique? The battle sprite looks like he is leader of the Hector fan-club. That being said, it is not for me but I think he should be less broad (plus the drawing of him in Klok's signature depicts him as smaller than that too).

- The top tip of his axe looks completely out-of-place and disconnected.

Female magi:

- Still using a fair amount of black lines.

- The book is overly large - though I know it is hard to make books in proportion in GBA sprites.

- The white part that lays over her skirt is facing a different way than the rest of her, making it look odd.

- Her skirt's shading overall is meh.

- The shading on her face is kinda weird.

- Speaking of, bad colour choice for her skin.

- Not really sure what the big yellow thing on the side of her head is.

They're pretty decent overall. There are a lot of little mistakes here and there (more-so on the red guy) but they are a good start.

I wanted to do a bunch of stuff to show you what I mean about some of the stuff but honestly, I am too lazy to.

Err, the red guy (James) battle sprite is actually not that buff looking. Much skinnier than a fighter and definitely not Hector sized, it matches the artwork in my sig pretty well. Also, the artwork isn't exactly the most accurate thing around. It's just sorta kinda in-the-ballpark of what I want, and it's there to convey the scene, not be 100% accurate to body dimensions. It should be, but if/when it isn't, I don't mind a lot.

As for Jessica, the big yellow thing is her armor. She's like a battle mage that starts with Light and Staves, and gets a sword upon promotion.

nssY.pngth_BaseFrame.png

The yellow thing is her collar.

Edited by Klokinator

nssY.pngth_BaseFrame.png

The yellow thing is her collar.

I see, makes sense. Her portrait isn't exactly what I had pictured (I don't mean that in a bad way though).

As for red guy, that still doesn't change the fact that he looks disproportionate. Perhaps it is the pose.

And yeah, he kinda is. :P

Untitled.png

Edited by eCut

Well, despite his artwork, James actually is supposed to be buff. I can't help that Conlimon made his portrait like that, ML made his battle sprite like that, and my CG artist made his art like that. The fact is, he's your Oswin for the first 1/3 to 1/2 of the game. Having huge strength and defense and low speed, he's like the polar opposite of Jessica who's a typical light mage. Not to mention that he's pretty young compared to Hector so his face won't be quite as aged and buff looking, if that makes sense.

Also, having a string bean for a lord is laaaame

I do think all the rest of the critique is quite all right.

Well then, all I have left to say is that if he is supposed to be buff then everything below the waist needs to be redone and to redo the portrait because it doesn't look buff at all. :P

Best of luck with your game.

While I respect your input and am glad you were able to help, Do you truly expect 3/4 of the entire James graphics to be remade because of a little disproportionate body position? I don't believe that Klok would want to do that.

It requires editing the mug, all the mug frames, all of the CG's, all of the battle sprite frames we have so far... just not worth it for the amount of help I get.

Also, the CG's are already paid for. And Conlimon isn't available, and the character is already written, so I don't really wish to change much if I don't have to. As for the battle sprite, I wouldn't mind fixing all the issues it has, but that's entirely up to ML. Both him and I are not easily motivated to do a lot of work, though I'm a bit more motivated than him a lot of the time.

Edit: Unless someone wants to volunteer to do it. By all means that's quite fine by me.

Edited by Klokinator

QclMP.png

Stuff.I think I may or may not have fixed a few of the more prominent problems that eCut pointed out. I tried to follow the instructions given without changing too much of the design, because I adamantly refuse to remake half of the sprite. I take way too long on sprites to do that.