Rate the Unit, Day 30: Geese

Is it really a good idea to assume Ward gets A support with Lott so quickly in the game? Hell, the sole notion that you have to continuously deploy his brother so that Ward is above average at best? Why not assume Geese gets some supports as well, though his options are arguably worse?

Ward's best supports share his forced deployment and are reasonably fast. All of Geese's supports are slow even if he has that nice fire affinity to throw around. There's a part of me that really like a Geese/Garret/Lalam or Geese/Echidna/Lalam triangle but it simply isn't practical.

A Lott / C Dieck before chapter 11 isn't very practical either, assuming by 'practicality' we mean turn counts. If we're okay with waiting turns after clearing maps to build supports, why not give the same treatment to Geese as well?

A Lott / C Dieck before chapter 11 isn't very practical either, assuming by 'practicality' we mean turn counts. If we're okay with waiting turns after clearing maps to build supports, why not give the same treatment to Geese as well?

C is definitely happening. You would have to have 0 planning skills to not have a C by Chapter 11 or not planning to use either one.

Edit: fuck I read it wrong. Okay, C Dieck / B Lot sounds a lot more reasonable.

Edited by Colonel M

The two need to spend 40 turns together for a B support, which is a pretty reasonable expectation. 80 turns for A seems like it would be harder to pull off, even with the game's huge maps. What I'm more hesitant about is bringing Lott to combat for the entirety of the game. To prove that a mediocre (at best really) unit is better than another one you have to assume another mediocre unit is fielded on a constant basis. That's two unit slots for very questionable combat in the end.

Plus there's that Dieck / Lott / Ward support triangle idea being hinted on. All three are contesting for a Hero Crest and if any of them are getting the first one for a pretty hard portion of the game, it means Rutger needs extra luck to do the needed bosskills.

Perhaps the assumption that Rutger fails to bosskill is the reason why Lott and Ward reach A support so early? Bosskilling takes forever and since these two contribute naught to it, they build their supports. Doesn't sound terribly efficient though.

Axelocked in a game where that's shit, 'balanced' in a way that makes him not tough enough to tank, fast enough to double or strong enough to deal damage, good growths but it's FE6 HM and there just really is no excuse to be this bad this late so 2.5.

Geese. That pirate that has...ummm...hair?

Pros:

Yay Pirate! (what? i like pirates!)

Can actually sorta hit junk.

Dat hair.

Cons:

Bases arent fantastic.

Axes arent very accurate in this game for some reason.

Hero Crest competition.

Geese seems pretty cool but i think hes more niche than anything. If yer into axe users, he's probably the way to go. Hes at an ok level when he joins, but he may struggle a bit to get places. (i was kinda trying to use him and hes like "omg my axe's accuracy is poo!") He can hit junk...just not with a hand axe. (sadface)

3/10. 4/10 bias cuz pirate and dat hair. Holy crap dat hair.

Damnit, He isn't that great, considering this is hard mode so 4/10

He is one of my favorite characters though so that makes it a 5/10

I love Geese, but you guys who are rating him highly are nuts. The guy has mediocre offense with okay accuracy, doesn't double much, and starts with meh durability. If you promoted him the second he joined(fat chance) he'd still have worse ATK, SPD, and HP than base Gonzo, and Gonzo got a 5. 3/10.

Mediocre bases don't really justify his short-term use and he doesn't do anything special for you in the long term. Maybe coming promotion-ready would be a boon if there weren't better units that wanted a Crest.

3/10

2.5/10

His bases aren't very good at all, and it doesn't help that his already mediocre base speed is reduced by all but two axes. It still amazes me how Ward and Lot get so much negative hype while Geese somehow manages to get a decent amount of love. I guess being pretty has a lot of pull.

2.5/10

His bases aren't very good at all, and it doesn't help that his already mediocre base speed is reduced by all but two axes. It still amazes me how Ward and Lot get so much negative hype while Geese somehow manages to get a decent amount of love. I guess being pretty has a lot of pull.

PECB? Personal Experience Colours Bias?

Note: I have never used Geese.

Well, on paper he looks good enough to consider using. For a NM playthrough.

HM, no. Marginal accuracy lead on Gonzo (read, not enough to actually make a difference) and loses everywhere else.

I do love 'zerkers though.

3.5/10 After +1 bias.

I've tried to use him... But he didn't impress me. He has a hell of a rocky start, despite the Brave Axe, because he has such rubbish hit with it. He struggles to double quite a number of enemy units. And only 11 Con? Definitely not high enough. Coupled with the 9 base speed, he needs to get hella lucky to hit twice with the Brave Axe to kill.

His defense is rubbish, and he doesn't exactly have the evade to avoid taking hits, either. While he has decent str and speed growths, that skill and defence will let him down.

Unreliable.

45%.

He's cute, portable, and has an affinity that makes Berserkers proud. While he's probably not seeing the full 25% Hit boost, he's got a better chance in hell of hitting things than Gonzo. Bugger 'bout the promotion item (but that means that I have that many more chapters to feed him kills).

5/10 (that's a full bias point thrown in)