GBA Fire Emblem & Sappy 2006 Mod 15 Problem

LORDike14

Hi everyone here on Serene Forest Forum!

How to extract MIDI from Fire Emblem GBA 6/7/8? I want to learn the exact scores on Synthesia. I need the RAW MIDI, not fan/sequencer one. Or maybe someone here can provide the download link for all the RAW Midi files?

The problem;

I have downloaded Sappy 2006 Mod 15, but when I try to open the .exe, it's showing a message like this;

Run-time error '339':

Component 'vbalCbEx6.ocx' or one of its component dependencies

not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

I have reboot my computer but it seems doesn't work too.

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate, 32 bit.

I'm also try the older version of Sappy, but it still showing the same message.

Does this thing using command prompt? If it does, how to fix it? Any solution?

ASAP... Thanks for concerning. Just trying my luck here...

Did you download that file, if you don't have it? Several pokemon-centric sites suggest that, but they also suggest getting the newest version of Sappy from kawa's site too.

(Sappy is most popular with pokemon-hacking fans, so you're likely to get the best answers from them)

How to extract MIDI from Fire Emblem GBA 6/7/8? I want to learn the exact scores on Synthesia. I need the RAW MIDI, not fan/sequencer one. Or maybe someone here can provide the download link for all the RAW Midi files?

I'm afraid that won't be such a good idea. You can extract all the MIDIs but they will look terrible because they are not necessarily coded how they sound - some of them have two bars of strings, playing the same part but 1/16th of a note apart for the 'echo' effect... anyway, you'd be better off reading fan MIDIs because they are organised much better, for the most part.

iirc it's not so much the gsf tracks notes and more the way the samples are coded (not to mention that he may also be referring to the physical organization of the tracks - it may sound fine immediately post-conversion but the second you change the volume of one innocuous track the echo gets fucked up and the whole thing goes to hell or some shit because the tracks aren't organized in a logical fashion)

Edited by Camtech

RE:

Did you download that file, if you don't have it? Several pokemon-centric sites suggest that, but they also suggest getting the newest version of Sappy from kawa's site too.(Sappy is most popular with pokemon-hacking fans, so you're likely to get the best answers from them)

Yeah, I did, Celice. Oh, how shall I reach that Kawa's site? Ok, thanks for the advice. :)

I replied to your comment on Youtube as well.Sappy 2005 from ROMhacking has an installer that fixes and registers all the .ocx files that all the newer Sappy programs depend on.In fact, here.Download

Small world! :D Thanks, it actually works! I can run Sappy now, thanks again! :D

I'm afraid that won't be such a good idea. You can extract all the MIDIs but they will look terrible because they are not necessarily coded how they sound - some of them have two bars of strings, playing the same part but 1/16th of a note apart for the 'echo' effect... anyway, you'd be better off reading fan MIDIs because they are organised much better, for the most part.

Oh, I see it then. Actually I have done that, reading fan MIDIs, but it somehow doesn't sounds right to me, like, off-keys, too fast/slow, remix and so on. Well, I just love the original one. :) Like the MIDI in this Japanese site; http://disadvantaged.web.fc2.com/fe.html#contents

I might reconsider of your suggestion as well, Agromono. By the way, thanks again. :)

You may be able to convert a GSF to a MIDI without any problems. I've done it with NSF and SPC files all the time without any issues.

Really?! I've tried on NSF & SPC before, but just able to retrieve the wav. files. :( (Recorded directly using emulator/specific media players) Never thought it can actually recorded into MIDI. :O Nice info! :)

May you suggest utilities that can actually doing MIDI for both NSF & SPC?

(I've tried searching them before, but seems I just found error sites, unavailable downloads, or maybe from not correct sources, then I gave up on that)

iirc it's not so much the gsf tracks notes and more the way the samples are coded (not to mention that he may also be referring to the physical organization of the tracks - it may sound fine immediately post-conversion but the second you change the volume of one innocuous track the echo gets fucked up and the whole thing goes to hell or some shit because the tracks aren't organized in a logical fashion)

Bullseye! You're exactly right! :D That's what I'm trying say, the physical tracks, but I don't know how to ask in proper word before. :D

Actually, I found this Japanese site few days ago that offer the exact MIDI sounded as in GBA. But sadly, not all the tracks are available. That's why I tried Sappy programs, per suggestion from sites that I Google myself (which I'm a newbie about music hacking thingy).

Here the site that I'm talking about, it's been ages of for me finding this, (it's Japanese, that's why can't find it with English Google! Silly me! :P:

http://disadvantaged.web.fc2.com/fe.html#contents

By the way, thank you so much to you nice guys here for guiding me in this, I truly appreciate it! ;)::D:

(FYI: I'm the one that contributed the Sacred Stone main script in this main site years ago, after I gave up on music hacking BEFORE started the script, yeah,

just if someone bothers to read the script though. :(: )

if you're savvy you can read the score yourself from the rom's bytecode; the interpreter exists in the rom if you know where to look

then again a converter is probably way easier if only because it keeps track of instruments for you