Rate the Unit, Day 14: Fiona

PKL

sorry but i dont see her as useless.

i give her a 8.5

sure she has a hard time at the beginning but she has great potential. the rescue ability means i could have her pick up nolan and make her invincible. the earth x earth affinity is broken. 

i just crafted a few lances for her to use and she was good to go. 

by the end game she was single handily taking down the dragons. 

id give her a perfect 10 but keeping her out of the swamp map in part 1. and nerfing mounted units indoors was annoying.

On 01/06/2018 at 7:49 PM, kalas_blue said:

sorry but i dont see her as useless.

i give her a 8.5

sure she has a hard time at the beginning but she has great potential. the rescue ability means i could have her pick up nolan and make her invincible. the earth x earth affinity is broken. 

i just crafted a few lances for her to use and she was good to go. 

by the end game she was single handily taking down the dragons. 

id give her a perfect 10 but keeping her out of the swamp map in part 1. and nerfing mounted units indoors was annoying.

She has "potential" but... pretty much any unit can become a god in the lategame (pretty standard in FE). That factor is fairly negligible when she's the weakest unit in some of the hardest maps in the game. It's the opposite of Sothe -- he's the best unit in early parts of the game where all your other units are lacking. Meanwhile, in the lategame, ridiculously powerful units are absolutely everywhere, which means that it means a lot less whether you're actually one of those or not. Wendy can be 'good' (relative to some other units, movement aside) by FE6's lategame but does it matter? The game becomes overall more difficult/tedious to train her in the first place, same with Fiona.

There's also the factor that you could have just given Fiona's EXP to anyone who actually starts out good and still has 'potential', making the overall game significantly easier. Double downing on someone like Nolan or Aran etc... is a far better move than splitting EXP between one of those and an incredibly weak unit like Fiona early on. Parts 1 & 3 become more difficult and part 4 doesn't change because godlike units are dime a dozen. That's the flaw in 'growth' units in a lot of games. When you get the point where they're good/great... it suddenly doesn't matter any more.

Anyway... inb4 this gets locked?

57 minutes ago, Dunal said:

Anyway... inb4 this gets locked?

I'm tempted to warn you for this.  But I won't.

Instead, anyone ELSE that posts after this will eat a warning instead.

Edited by eclipse

i will take that warning. 

i think part 3 is way harder than part 1. in part 1 you get the black knight. naliah. volug. sothe. zihark.

in part 3 everything is way stronger. right off the bat the laguz just swarm me. having fiona bail me out was worth the investment. i tried the other characters. even fed them all the stat booster in different playthroughs and they just get destroyed. 

not to mention she gets sol. so even if they do hit her. she'll recover with it and imbue.