Round 54 SF Splicing Competition.

Amelia

a79de0582570c5801623d5c8181f8170.png

Le rule:

• No mass Customing, you may custom a bit to make your mug look good/making it work, such as working on shading a bit, but try not to go overboard.
  • You can use any color palette, you aren't chained to FE colors, go ahead and recolor to your hearts content.
  • You have to use at least 1 piece of each mug, that shouldn't be too hard.
  • You may use only the set given, no other mugs.
  • 16 color limit, don't go crazy with your colors. >_> 15 on your mug +1 for background. This might be a bit of trouble for some, so I'll be a bit lenient with this rule. I just don't want to see mugs with like 50 colors with rainbows.
  • The winner will be determined by voting, if there is a tie, the poll will be edited to include only the ties, and revoted upon.
  • FOR VOTING YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOURSELF, it is dishonorable to yourself.
  • Hosts may enter contests
  • Only 1 mug per member
  • Winner of the contest will choose the next set, but seriously, don't be a jerk and choose a set with all different body sizes/things that won't fit, choose things that would be an interesting set

DEALINE: April 24th.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

qFxZ.png

2e9641d7676084caf63a3c0030105930.png?1334984974

Face is Echidna with Saleh's eyes, Hair is Echidna and Saleh, and Body is purely Gale.

eJB18.png

To me, it looks like this plate is abnormally stubby in comparison with the other one, or it's slipping behind the other plates. Which still doesn't match the other one. I think, looking at the angel, this plate specifically should be drawn into its nearest plate. Its angle is just awkward.

Bahahaha.

No offense, but if that's all you get when you've been tutored by Aeorys, you might as well stop trying.

........... Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

2275f384218022edcb5f3074a5096362.png?1335027509

Did I fix it?

Edited by Yoshi

Bahahaha.

No offense, but if that's all you get when you've been tutored by Aeorys, you might as well stop trying.

LOL Well, excuse me for being lazy and incoherent. I didn't actually help him on that mug; it's all his own work.

moresurprisinglyisthefactthatmyname'sbeenspeltcorrectlytwiceinarowthishasneverhappenedbeforeit'sabsolutelyamazing

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

LOL Well, excuse me for being lazy and incoherent. I didn't actually help him on that mug; it's all his own work.

moresurprisinglyisthefactthatmyname'sbeenspeltcorrectlytwiceinarowthishasneverhappenedbeforeit'sabsolutelyamazing

My apologies if I gave the impression that I thought such. I never assumed you had helped him with this mug. :newyears:

All I was merely saying was that when you get tutored by someone with immense skill and then fall short of the mark, well, lol, give up.

Human interpretation is a lovely thing at times. :awesome:

Don't worry, I feel the same way when people manage to spell my name correct too.

Edited by ∑-sigma-

1) you don't have to be so insulting about it. I could say something else right now, but I'll not.

2) Yoshi's improvements in his spriting are pretty damn noticeable what he put out from, say, a few months ago. Everyone improves at their own pace and I can definitely see his improvements in his spritework. You don't get tutored by somebody and then suddenly become as good as them in a matter of months. That's not how shit works.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Nickt.

Cookie plz. <3

I like Yoshi's :3 I don't see how it fell short of the mark. :S It's not AK's, but he was tutored, he didn't magically become AK. XD It has it's own unique style.

HI EVERYONE I'M MEW. Below is my entry to this competition. Thanks2yoshi for suggesting to me that I participate. Splicing is surprisingly/actually fun~

RlQQu.png

I'm under the impression that the above is your first splice. It's pretty damn good for a first splice.

@Nickt - I'm not about to hold his hand through the whole process like he's my kid or something. Everything he's done for the good part of the past year was all his own work; I haven't touched anything he's done since then. This is a bit of a low blow, but he's improved radically more than you have in however many years you've been in the spriting scene. The most I do is offer a bit of one-on-one feedback for his stuff now and then. Compared to the attention you get publicly versus what he gets privately, I'd think he's entitled to his share of compliments. His progress is actually quite remarkable, especially because of how vague my critique usually is. If I were to honestly "tutor" him in my own method of spriting, all you'd have is another unoriginal spriting style clone. Considering how everyone seems to dote and fawn over Pi's stuff (not to say that it isn't good), as well as copy his shading methods, I'd think Yoshi's development of his own style is infinitely preferable. I don't like enforcing unnecessary limitations on people who're willing to learn and develop at their own rate. That being said, I'd appreciate it if you retracted your previous insult and maybe took a step back to look at yourself, first. I admit that I'm a terrible "tutor" and critic, but that's none of his fault.

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

I'm under the impression that the above is your first splice. It's pretty damn good for a first splice.

It's actually my third, so I've got a bit stronger of a grasp on some of the more basic things (my first splice had like 60(?) colors on it yay photoshop.) Thanks a lot!

HI EVERYONE I'M MEW. Below is my entry to this competition. Thanks2yoshi for suggesting to me that I participate. Splicing is surprisingly/actually fun~

RlQQu.png

Dude, that's mad good for your third, you should keep spriting and make a topic for them, because that's excellent.

I can't take all the credit, Yoshi has given me a fair amount of critique/feedback on my journey through creating this mug. TY<3

As for being advanced, I definitely lack the eye for some of the more minute problems found in pixel art, but I think I might have a step up in terms of customization because I'm pretty good at drawing/painting without reference. Thanks! I'll make a thread for my stuff when I have a bit more to show, hopefully I'll get to do a lot more when this semester ends.