• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That should totally be Marcus's horse

badass bearded horse to compliment badass bearded man

qXKN.png

:3c

@Sloth - I was just getting tired of all the hoominz, so I figured I'd make something different, lol.

Edited by mechanicalWALTZ

qXKN.png

:3c

@Sloth - I was just getting tired of all the hoominz, so I figured I'd make something different, lol.

My bad I was thinking of lowen's armor

That looks pretty awesome with Marcus' palette too, lol

fapfapfapfapfap

...Why does that remind me of the Bangaa's from FF?

And seriously, /this/, is amazing. Aeo wtf, I know you don't have a high esteem of your spriting, and that you're humble, but /this/ is why you're considered an amazing spriter, becuase you /are/.

...wow.

AK's should be disqualified because it ain't hack insertable...!!

Seriously that's probably the most amazing thing to grace an FE Splice competition since these started years ago.

Also, people, that looks more like a dragon than it does a horse xD

Edited by Klokinator

To the earlier bullshit: Someone's jelly! ;):

Thanks. I am quite thankful for your help!

Not a bad one for the first try! You should start splicing more stuff and junk and yeah. (im not a fan of that red spike thing though)

@TD -

1) You do realize that SF feeds off petty arguments, right? It's not like any one of us honestly cares all that much about the content of the arguments; we just enjoy not agreeing with each other. It'd be boring if everybody just got along. :B

2) I look forward to your entry.

loldragon_01.png

[spoiler=Proofyshit]qXiW.png

Mostly Saleh pad and Gale bangs. Additional hair taken mostly from Saleh and Echidna.

extreme_face.gif

Omg...This...thing...is just...omg...Its like a dragon demon! How did you....splice that? Thats just...whiiiasgghskdshjdh...Nice one.

Not a bad one for the first try! You should start splicing more stuff and junk and yeah. (im not a fan of that red spike thing though)

Thanks. I do plan to participate in more of these competitions!smile.gif

... Yeah... i may change the color of that to blue since everybody seems to dislike it!

Well, it's not a mug. And there's a rule about going too far with customing...

Except it's a full splice so it wouldn't quite be considered too much customing...

It's a mug of an animal =3 Maybe it counts for that?

Even if it couldn't be submitted everyone still would know which one woulda won XD

The rules have never said anything about it needing to be a mug. And to be honest there's not a whole lot of customing in AK's splice, just really awesome splicing.

I might be entering this comp, even though I'm pretty sure I won't be winning.

There's no hackbox rule anyway

And yeah, AK provided proof. The amount of cleaning she did is perfectly within the rules.

Also not entering because I'm not spriting anything until my finals are over

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I took a look at her Proofy thing and man...i could spot what she used so yes, its a splice. It shouldnt be disqualified.

Im not entering because lazy and not a lot of time.

Well, it's not a mug. And there's a rule about going too far with customing...

Well, I'm glad I got one accusation of too much customing. It wouldn't be worth the effort of splicing crap to death if I didn't at least get one of these every time.

The proofyshit is lying a bit, though. After I cleaned off the armor and body, I was left with a lot of huge, gaping hair holes that didn't flow at all. Most of the hair was originally Gale bangs, but after looking at it, it was just waaaaay too thin and stringy for a decent mane. I kind of ended up redoing most of it and filling the stuff in way afterward with Saleh hair. This is kind of what I remember doing. There's probably some more Echidna in there, too, but...edited all the crap out of it.

derpyhair.gif

purple -> echidna hair

Considering the relative amounts of cleanup compared to older pieces, I don't think I did all that much on this one, really.

I don't mind being disqualified, though. I really just wanted to see what'd happen if I made something other than a person this time around. :B

Well, I'm glad I got one accusation of too much customing. It wouldn't be worth the effort of splicing crap to death if I didn't at least get one of these every time.

Well, I don't want to feel like I'm accusing you. It's a great sprite, but looking at the difference between your first proofyshit and the finished product, I can't help but feel like you didn't so much make the sprite from bits of the original sprites as you did piece together something in the approximate shape of what you were looking for and do an amazing custom job over the top.

she took all the pieces, threw them together into what it should look like, and then added in flow where there should be flow. It's just smoothing over, and you can pretty clearly see where every piece came from, imo; there's no specific areas that've been customed over. The only thing you can't see from the proof is where she smoothed over with extra bits of hair, and that is nicely GIF-ed for us up there.

LOL Don't worry about it. I just sprite this crap for my own entertainment. I don't really care if I'm disqualified or not, and I really wasn't intending to enter at all. I was originally just going to post a WIP of it as a bad joke, but it seems this is more interesting.

I don't think it's any different from "normal" splicing, though, really. Splicing is just taking parts from existing mugs and rearranging them to your own liking. Its very nature is about butchering parts from others to Frankenstein something new. The cleaning process is like putting a layer of skin over all those hideous stitches. You wouldn't just slap parts together and not shade nor recolor them, would you? I get your point and all, but I really don't think what I do is any different that piecing together two halves of a pauldron to make something "new." All I'm doing is advancing it a little. Customing would be so much easier. Splicing is the biggest pain in the ass, if anything, and if everybody kept using the same conventional methods, we'd all end up with a bunch of similar-looking mugs. Creatively thinking, that'd just be boring and redundant. I don't know about you, but I really like to see weird splicing shit and shenanigans. I like to wonder how in the world they came up with that, and why I didn't come up with it first. It's interesting. I don't care about losing or winning. I'd rather see what everyone else is thinking when they sit down with a trio of random mugs in front of 'em.

@Klok - Son, this isn't about you anymore. :B