Rate the Unit, Day 22: Jill

PKL

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Knight Ward to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Rolf: 1.154

Sothe: 2.03

Brom: 2.32

Shinon: 3

Volke : 4.824

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.152

Rhys: 5.315

Gatrie: 5.463

Mia: 5.708

Mist: 6.413

Mordecai: 6.547

Zihark: 6.65

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Boyd: 8.293

Ike: 8.567

Oscar: 9.075

Kieran: 9.231

Marcia: 9.36

Titania: 9.91

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jill's pretty cool. She comes with Laguzguard, which is good because she gets doubled by all the Ravens in her joining chapter. She has some troubles doubling early on, and her accuracy is a bit shaky, so she'll probably need an Archer/Thief band, some BEXP, and maybe a forged Steel Lance to get going. Once she does get going, however, she's pretty awesome. She flies and has good physical durability and good offence. She's got a pretty quick support with Mist too. Gaining Axes on promotion is good. She basically becomes Titania on wings. 10/10.

I suppose she'd get a +1 bias too, because I find her story pretty engaging.

Jill Fizzart, daughter of Shiharam, soldier for Daein. Raised to despise laguz.

Pros:

Flier!

Good defense base and growth.

Good strength base and growth.

Character development.

Axe use on promotion.

Cons:

Speed base and growth is a little meh.

Res is quite meh.

Can defect.

Jill is pretty solid really. She joins at just the right time too. The ship chapters like having fliers around to spam those ravens and get around quicker. Shes got some good defense and strength bases and the growths there are nice too. So shes gonna be a bit on the tanky side and hitting pretty hard. Her speed isnt fantastic so she may not double for a while, in fact shes probably getting doubled by those ravens. Thank god for that Laguzguard she comes with. Jill would probably like a band that gives speed and maybe res. (Pegknight band??) She supports with Mist and Lethe for some really interesting character development. Her development happens even without supports but there is also that instance where she can actually defect back to Daein without an A support (with Mist i believe). Thats bad, especially if you trained her and deployed her on Shiharam's map without that support. (Its never happened to me but yeah) Jill also isnt a big fan of mages so look out for that. She could make use of that Full Guard to be a frontliner and take the hits from archers. She can spam axes when she promotes too. She might need some BEXP to get a leg up but really, Jill is a good unit.

7.5/10. 8/10 bias because she actually has like, story.

It's Jill. She's strong, powerful, got good defenses, flight, and is just flat-out good. Her only 'weaknesses' are a lack of supports (Mist is the only good one) and a somewhat rocky-ish start. Once those are taken care of... it's Jill.

9/10

Pretty rad. Not great on the support front, but that's okay for a flying unit. Somewhat rocky to start with, but a character who is worth sticking with and using once she's available. Pairing her up with Marcia can give you a nice roving death squad that isn't impeded by most obstacles, which is pretty handy. Her join time is not exactly ideal, but at least she comes with a Laguzguard and has mobility on the ships, even if her combat will take some doing first.

Once she gets going though, she's pretty much like a Paladin... on wings. Paladins are cool. And wings are cool. Also Axes are pretty much the best thing to get on promotion anyway, so...

8.75/10

Perhaps my rating will be a bit lower since my opinion of flying (and mounted units) is a little different from most people on here. Sure I like my characters to have a (flying) mount and she does get a point for it, but unless its fe4 I don't value it that much.

Still Jill is a great unit. Good growths in most area's, flying utility and I like her personality. I don't like her bases however. 9 speed is pretty meh at this point. Luckily her laguz guard makes sure she doesn't suffer too badly from the crows.

8/10

Flying lance user who gets axes upon promotion. Thunder is one of the better support affinities, and she has some decent support options. 9 base speed is pretty bad for this point in the game, so she should probably take a speedwings.

9.5/10

Edited by Zman

Well fire emblem 4 has huge maps which make's foot unit gets too far behind too quickly. Once again I do consider having a mount a plus for the character in question, but I don't believe that not having a mount is a negative. Its great if a characters has a (flying)pony, but I won't drop any points if a character doesn't have one.

It might be because I usually take a more slow and steady aprouch. I don't turtle or anything, but I have no trouble to slow down and making my foor units catch up.

I hope that explained it a little better.

As for mia, i'm not really all that fond of her, but thats just my opinion.

Edited by Sasori

Why is the second best character in the game being given such low scores? :/

I'd argue that at least Marcia, if not Kieran, is better than Jill too. So assuming Titania is #1, Jill isn't 2nd. Just felt I had to say that... but yeah Jill should be getting more 10s. :(:

9.5/10

Only flaw is not coming prepromoted with Her 20/1 Bases and A rank axes.

In other words, she's Marcia with More base durability in exchange for less base speed.

Marcia > Jill, IMO, but Jill's not far behind at all.

Jill comes with that awesome laguzguard, so those ravens won't be doing much damage to her in her joining chapter. Her base SPD is 9, so she'll have trouble doubling, but a speedwings will fix the problem, plus her growth of 45%. She gets axes upon promotion, so she'll basically be a Titania on a wyvern. Kickass. Her STR growth (40%) could get her screwed there, though.

8.5/10, +1 bias since her character development's pretty damn awesome. 9.5/10

Edited by ZM456

8.5/10, +.5 bias since her character development's pretty damn awesome. 9.5/10

Just to nitpick on your math, 8.5+0.5 bias =/= 9.5.

Edited by Jihyun

Why is the second best character in the game being given such low scores? :/

Too busy fapping to Gamble being useful and not realizing mounted units bend this game further than in half.

I'd argue that at least Marcia, if not Kieran, is better than Jill too. So assuming Titania is #1, Jill isn't 2nd. Just felt I had to say that... but yeah Jill should be getting more 10s. :(:

no way is kieran better than jill

jill and marcia both jockey for their positions but i personally think they're better than titania in this game

no way is kieran better than jill

jill and marcia both jockey for their positions but i personally think they're better than titania in this game

Objectively, Jill is better than Kieran. I said "if not Kieran" because I just prefer him more myself. That sentence was wrongly phrased.

Most of the chapters after people start promoting are easy in this game. I find some of the earlygame chapters (namely the one where you recruit Mia and the Defend chapters) harder than anything any chapter past 15 throws at you, and Titania is your best unit in that time. Maybe Jill and Marcia save you more turns through flying and all that, but Titania makes the game much easier than either of them.

Maybe Jill and Marcia save you more turns through flying and all that, but Titania makes the game much easier than either of them.

They don't. By no efficiency metric I'm aware of are Marcia or Jill more valuable than Titania.

Pros:

Best defense for a flier in the game

Best offense for a flier in the game

FLIES

Axes / 1-2 range

Con:

Somewhat late entrance (halfway through the game)

Speed is a question mark

Bases aren't amazing

Needs a reasonably-sized BEXP dump

9.25/10

IMO the only units who are better are Marcia (Availability advantage, ability to 2-turn a chapter that otherwise is around 6-7 turns) and Titania (Best unit for the first half of the game and still an average mounted unit at the end). Oscar can make an argument due to way better availability and that he doesn't need any BEXP, but he's overshadowed by Titania for most of that time.