Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Enemies can gang up on you on the world map? That sounds...interesting.

From what you've said, it seems that there is no shortage of Change and Master Seals. About how frequently do you run into these items (outside of a shop that is)?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Ike lived the rest of his life as a teacher xD....TBH I'm disappointed by Aether not having it's own animation...actually what makes me angry skills not having special animation...

Limited Time teacher, maybe given classes to someone for a few weeks and then moved on, but never settled. I can imagine Soren convincing him to do it to fund their endless expedition, and he probably joined in too.

Yeah, I would have liked something a bit different, but it's better to have skills without special animations than no skills at all.

Also, I think my theory of closest skill to the character at a certain level is very close to how it actually works, although there's probably another factor involved. Krom doesn't always give Aether to his kids, as Azure here got his Royal Weapon skill (the 2nd skill with a crown). The other skill (4th) is Lightning Speed, which must be his mother's. She can class change to Dark Pegasus, so assuming the player does a few skirmishes to train her until that level at chapter 13, her kid(s) might get that skill once they join. Looking around pictures here and there, most of MyUnit children get Rainbow Cry and Krom's get Aether, while a lot of the mother skills are the level 10 unpromoted ones, although Azure had a higher one and Krom's daughter here has one of the +2 skills (speed I think, which I assume is Sumia's).

Ike is the master of Aether and no one else can have it unless Ike is the ancestor of Krom... :D

Ike fanboy to the end eh?

I should probably stay away from this thread. Still waiting for my copy.

Enemies can gang up on you on the world map? That sounds...interesting.

From what you've said, it seems that there is no shortage of Change and Master Seals. About how frequently do you run into these items (outside of a shop that is)?

Pretty often. I've been buying them from the Merchant Annas whenever one shows up with one, but there are a lot, regardless. And a lot of money to buy them with when you do want to buy them.

Wait, where is this 13 Units number coming from? Is that how many units you get for the final chapter or what?

Man, I really want this game.

13 units is the deployment slots for Ga8, the map I'm heading into. The final chapter has a few more slots, but not many.

How do Great Knights and Generals compare? Does one option completely dominate the other?

Great Knights pretty much do dominate Generals. Better Move and access to three weapon types instead of two; Generals have slightly higher stats in areas other than Spd, but it's not enough. The weapon access also allows the Great Knights to more easily prepare to go into other classes. Also, both classes have two unique skills, and the Great Knight skills are just better, the way I see it.

Wait wait wait

Is there a postgame?

Hard to say; I haven't heard anything about it. There was something that I thought confirmed that a postgame had to exist, but playing further, it looks like my basis for that assumption was probably incorrect. This doesn't mean there isn't a postgame, but it means there doesn't have to be a postgame, and with the lack of information about one, that's not a good sign. Can't imagine why they wouldn't have a postgame with the game like this, but I'll have to keep playing and see.

Great Knights pretty much do dominate Generals. Better Move and access to three weapon types instead of two; Generals have slightly higher stats in areas other than Spd, but it's not enough. The weapon access also allows the Great Knights to more easily prepare to go into other classes. Also, both classes have two unique skills, and the Great Knight skills are just better, the way I see it.

Nuts, I predicted as such as soon they revealed Generals had only two weapon types and Great Knights had three in addition to a mount.

What were they thinking with Generals in this game? Couldn't they least have gotten Lance Expert or a Great Shield that halves magic as well?

Nuts, I predicted as such as soon they revealed Generals had only two weapon types and Great Knights had three in addition to a mount.

What were they thinking with Generals in this game? Couldn't they least have gotten Lance Expert or a Great Shield that halves magic as well?

I might be judging Great Shield a bit too harshly, but the fact that it's so useless for Generals is a bad sign. Melee attacks will just bounce off both Great Knights and Generals anyway.

I might be judging it a bit too harshly. The mobility loss isn't a huge deal, and neither is the loss of swords, since maintaining that many weapon types is difficult.

I might be judging Great Shield a bit too harshly, but the fact that it's so useless for Generals is a bad sign. Melee attacks will just bounce off both Great Knights and Generals anyway.

I might be judging it a bit too harshly. The mobility loss isn't a huge deal, and neither is the loss of swords, since maintaining that many weapon types is difficult.

I miss the Great Shield of the GBA era. It saved my butt loads of times from Magic Attacks, I wouldn't even mind if Great Shield in this game only protected Generals from tomes.

Lack of mobility can be pretty annoying and I think having three weapon types is a pretty big advantage. If Generals were just going to have axes, maybe they should have gotten Lance Expert. I think it would make more sense for them then Pegasus Knights.

I miss the Great Shield of the GBA era. It saved my butt loads of times from Magic Attacks, I wouldn't even mind if Great Shield in this game only protected Generals from tomes.

Lack of mobility can be pretty annoying and I think having three weapon types is a pretty big advantage. If Generals were just going to have axes, maybe they should have gotten Lance Expert. I think it would make more sense for them then Pegasus Knights.

You can make up mobility with the Double system allowing help from more mobile characters. The thing is, the mboility also allows Great Knights to be one of those helpers.

The problem with three weapon types is that all new weapon types start at E, unless you've used them before, and E rank is so low that you're forced to use Bronze weapons almost exclusively. You need D for Iron and C for Steel, and getting the rank up there isn't so easy, so it's easy for new weapon types to be ignored.

You can make up mobility with the Double system allowing help from more mobile characters. The thing is, the mboility also allows Great Knights to be one of those helpers.

The problem with three weapon types is that all new weapon types start at E, unless you've used them before, and E rank is so low that you're forced to use Bronze weapons almost exclusively. You need D for Iron and C for Steel, and getting the rank up there isn't so easy, so it's easy for new weapon types to be ignored.

so the Disciplined ability will be very useful for anyone who really wants to take advantage of the Weapons available for Great Knights

I miss the Great Shield of the GBA era. It saved my butt loads of times from Magic Attacks,

Considering the activation rate was enemy level%, and there's barely any promoted enemies over level 5 in FE8, you must have been getting lucky. Then again, non-promoted mages were probably decent threats, and non-promoted enemies tends to hit about level 15.

Just get Holy Shiled on your General, no problem! Too bad Callum can't become a Paladin, though Fredrick has access to Paladin and General. (But also Dragon Knight, damn fine set of skills available for him.)

As for Generals, Great Shield would probably more useful if you're using it for a different class later, or possibly just harder difficulties. Defense Cry will likely show itself a bit more useful then too. Offensive skills are probably much handier on normal.

I have a question about support. How many support (and at what levels) can a character have?

Is it like in GBAs games (a total of 5 levels), Radiant Dawn (only one) or New Mystery (all possible accessible)?

And did they are commun ending?

Decided to promote Degel to General. As much as I like Callum, I think I'll have her replace him. Her Change Seal options are Archer, Cavalier, Dracoknight, and Myrmidon: all of the options Krom and Soiree had, except Lord. I guess since she has access to Knight, it would probably replace access to Cavalier, but she can use it because Krom has it as an option.

Similarly, besides Lord, Lucina has those same options.

so the Disciplined ability will be very useful for anyone who really wants to take advantage of the Weapons available for Great Knights

It is. Soiree is doing much better with weapon levels than Callum is.

How's the cash flow situation?

There's a lot of money around. I just spent most of it on about seven Master Seals, to put things in perspective.

Are Assassins not basically Lyn with the silencer skill?

I hope not.

I have a question about support. How many support (and at what levels) can a character have?

Is it like in GBAs games (a total of 5 levels), Radiant Dawn (only one) or New Mystery (all possible accessible)?

And did they are commun ending?

Characters can have one S support with an opposite-sex character, which determines marriage, children, and presumably common endings. They can level all of their other supports up to A with no limits.

Edited by Othin

Hmm, I have a theory that the child gets the skill closest to their parents' level from their current class (GK's 1st skill is at 5, so cavalier 10 skill gets inherited). On Krom's case, since he's a special case for a dad, it might be Aether by default just so his default daughter gets it too at level 10 (since it's seen in cutscenes).

Krom's growths are better than Callum, I assume. Lords usually have >25% higher total growths than regular units.

Or could it be sum level determines the skill gained from the parent's default class? Krom's been Lord, Cavalier, and Great Knight, if that sum is 25+ that might trigger Aether.

Likewise, Soiree's been Cavalier and Great Knight if that sum is below 25 but above 9 it might decide outdoor battle.

I could see the programers including that mechanic to discourage players from fielding units just so they can breed and stay away from combat.

im wondering how the mage and dark mages compare with each other, as im a huge fan of mages and any my unit i make is me but a mage im wondering what mage class is the most powerful. i was considering sage, sorcerer, Valkyrie, or dark peg (i know valks arent usually very powerfull but id rather my mounted mage heal rather than use swords) i tend to always have a very mage heavy party

Edited by Dark Nocturne

Hmm...the skill sets for Callum might make him a powerful Greatknight if he chooses to go there. I highly doubt many combinations let their General or Greatknight have Acrobat from Trickster, +1 Move from thief. Greatshield might be handy when he reclasses to a caster or an Assassin/Trickster as their Def is probably low. I don't think many of your cav's or knights have access to Renewal either.

If I read the skills right, Callumn can potentially be this mobile tank that can walk over mountains or desert as if it only cost him 1 Move and recover 30% of max hp every round. And also walk through enemies to maybe save someone in indoor battles.