Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Some things I'm wondering...

How do dancer works in this game ?

Can they dance for one or more persons ?

How much EXP do they gain for it ? Is it level dependant ?

How do Special Dance works ? Are children able to inherit it ?

How much EXP so you earn for tehd ifferents Cry ? Is it level dependant ?

Also, Can you make a male child with the Secluded Lady Skill ?

Thanks in advance...

EDIT : Also, Does Weapon Saver works with staves and Stones ?

Edited by Edna Thys

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit random, but have you tried messing around with the world map, especially towards the very edges?

I've heard people mentioning they could see hints of other lands beyond Iris and Varm. Not to mention that northern continent that can been in the ending.

I've indeed been able to replicate this, using the R button to zoom out and get free camera motion. It only goes so far, but I was definitely able to see that one big continent to the north of Iris and Varm, as well as another big continent to the south of both of them. There's also the edge of another continent to the southwest of Varm. I'll see if I can take some images or video of scrolling around there so we can compare.

When you get to Flavia and Basilio, can you see if they have any reclassing options? I dunno the - s on the main page indicates that they're stuck in their base class set or just nobody has bothered to look at their reclassing yet.

It's the latter. Basilio can become a Fighter, Barbarian, or Knight. Flavia can become a Mercenary, Thief, or Knight. Both of them join at LV10 promoted, so they also have immediate access to the corresponding promoted classes.

i've a question please :)

if we changed someone's class, can we change it back to its original class again?

You'll need to use another Change Seal, but yes. You'll also need to do a bit of leveling up.

LV1-9 unpromoted: No reclassing

LV10-20 unpromoted: Can reclass to Tier 1 classes

LV1-9 promoted: Can reclass to Tier 1 classes

LV10-20 promoted: Can reclass to Tier 1 and Tier 2 classes

Characters reset their level when they use a Change Seal, but they keep their reduced Exp gains. So let's say you level Krom up to LV10 and use a Change Seal to turn him into a Cavalier. To go back to being a Lord, he'll need to level up to LV10 again, but with Exp gains reduced as if he was leveling up from LV10 to LV20, and then use a second Change Seal.

Some things I'm wondering...

How do dancer works in this game ?

Can they dance for one or more persons ?

How much EXP do they gain for it ? Is it level dependant ?

How do Special Dance works ? Are children able to inherit it ?

How much EXP so you earn for tehd ifferents Cry ? Is it level dependant ?

Also, Can you make a male child with the Secluded Lady Skill ?

Thanks in advance...

EDIT : Also, Does Weapon Saver works with staves and Stones ?

Dancers have the Dance command, letting them refresh one adjacent ally. It is tied specifically to the class, rather than to a skill. They also have access to swords.

I never leveled Olivia up past LV2, but when I was using her, she gained 17 Exp for each dance. Characters don't gain Exp for the Cry skills.

Mariabel's son, Brady, can inherit her Secluded Lady skill. There are even screenshots of it, although I don't know where to find them. I assume Olivia's kid or kids will also inherit her Special Dance skill if it's set as her last skill in her skill list, but they won't be able to use it because they can't access the Dancer class, so it's a bit of a waste. At least, Azure can't. I don't know if Mark can become a Dancer if you pair MU with Olivia, but I'm guessing not just because of how broken it would be.

I haven't tried using Weapon Saver with any staffs or stones. I'm guessing it works with stones, at least, but it's not a huge concern: shops available after completing Ch22 and Ch23 go so far as to sell Rescue staffs, True Dragonstones, and Ultra Beaststones.

Edited by Othin

shops available after completing Ch22 and Ch23 go so far as to sell Rescue staffs, True Dragonstones, and Ultra Beaststones.

your kidding me how much are they i under stand they don't have as insane bonuses in this game but that is ridoiucules and they can change class to conserve thier stones any way

Thanks man.

If only we could hack this game, maybe we could see beyond the edges. It's probably unlikely they coded much, but you never know. It could be like Golden Sun DS where they coded in filler land for the other two thirds of the world.

your kidding me how much are they i under stand they don't have as insane bonuses in this game but that is ridoiucules and they can change class to conserve thier stones any way

3220 for the Super Beaststone, 3780 for the True Dragonstone.

I guess they really want to avoid Myrrh syndrome. I'm not complaining, personally, although I'm also not really using any of them.

Thanks man.

If only we could hack this game, maybe we could see beyond the edges. It's probably unlikely they coded much, but you never know. It could be like Golden Sun DS where they coded in filler land for the other two thirds of the world.

I'm sure someone will come up with some way to see whatever is there. I'm not so sure there's anything to see, though. It's not like Dark Dawn where the only reason you were limited was because of the limits to where you could move, and the camera would follow you if you can break those limits. I'm scrolling the camera freely; it just won't go any farther.

On the other hand, even in this form, I can clearly see the map as part of a globe instead of a flat projection. So maybe they really have programmed the rest of that globe.

I guess they really want to avoid Myrrh syndrome. I'm not complaining, personally, although I'm also not really using any of them.

ok I was fine with myrrh i tohught she was cool and she was fine leveling in darkling woods where i think your allowed 18 units and she had room so i had her fly over the cliffs with tana as back up and kill the monsters near the boss and if you give her an angelic robe she can kill the boss or at least damage it if the rng goddes is with you

Hmm, once you are far enough to have gotten a good feel for all the classes. could you maybe do a class summary type thing as to how they seem to be working out, if it isnt too much trouble? I'm especially curious about the mixed physical and magic class and how single weapon classes/non mounted compare to their counterparts.

one more question lol. when you class change units does thier models completely change? like the 2 mages with the silly hats do they keep those?

and so other units classed into a mage, will they get those? also wondering if portraits change altho im pretty sure they dont

It's the latter. Basilio can become a Fighter, Barbarian, or Knight. Flavia can become a Mercenary, Thief, or Knight. Both of them join at LV10 promoted, so they also have immediate access to the corresponding promoted classes.

Ah I see. Coolio.

Some others questions :

How does works counter exactly ?

How many HP do you restore with Life Drain ?

50% of your max HP ? 50% of the ennemy's Max HP ? Something else ?

How do Renewal and Refresh act together ?

Thanks in advance !

ok I was fine with myrrh i tohught she was cool and she was fine leveling in darkling woods where i think your allowed 18 units and she had room so i had her fly over the cliffs with tana as back up and kill the monsters near the boss and if you give her an angelic robe she can kill the boss or at least damage it if the rng goddes is with you

I mean the part about her only getting 50 attacks ever.

Hmm, once you are far enough to have gotten a good feel for all the classes. could you maybe do a class summary type thing as to how they seem to be working out, if it isnt too much trouble? I'm especially curious about the mixed physical and magic class and how single weapon classes/non mounted compare to their counterparts.

Well, I'm almost at the end of the game now. (Just finished Ch23.) I don't have much a feel for all the classes; Anna and MU are the only characters I've really used in hybrid characters, and MU as a magic user exclusively anyway.

What I can say is that the single weapon classes work really well. My three best characters right now, without a doubt, are Sol (Swordmaster), Vake (Berserker), and Saria (Sorcerer). Saria in particular can take heavy physical hits, and she just learned Magicslayer to easily kill enemy mages. Dark magic is also extremely powerful; Nosferatu helps her defenses even more with its HP restoration. And then there's the matter of Saria having particularly high Spd for her class, which is only passable by other standards but with a Double with a speedy character or with a Rainbow Cry bonus, she can double most enemies when needed.

Speaking of Double, I've gotten better results with Vake from that than on his own. He gives sky-high Str bonuses and great Spd bonuses as well, making any character monstrously powerful in physical offense. I have him paired with Tiamo, and at endgame, with the increased bonuses from the S support and from his levels, she's giving her like +10 Str and only a few points less Spd.

Also, Griffin Knights. Carrier is such an amazing skill. I now have Serge, Mark, and Jerome all with the skill. It's awesome.

I think the growth rates of the classes are inversely proportional to the number of weapons they can use. The mono-weapon characters are growing faster, while all the Great Knights fell behind over time.

How many kids have you got so far? How many more do you think you'll get. Do you think it's viable to recruit every child in a single playthrough?

I have Mark, Degel, Jerome, Noire, and Selena. Not getting any more; I don't think many more are feasible.

one more question lol. when you class change units does thier models completely change? like the 2 mages with the silly hats do they keep those?

and so other units classed into a mage, will they get those? also wondering if portraits change altho im pretty sure they dont

Richt keeps his hat as a Great Knight, as seen in videos. Other characters get some traits, but not others. No p[ortrait changes.

For the Cry skills is the user also affected by them or just other allies and does Rainbow Cry stack with the others ones, e.g. would Rainbow Cry and Speed Cry used on the same turn give +8 speed to those affected?

Edited by arvilino

How would you rate the over-all usefulness of all the classes? Specifically, are there any classes you feel aren't worth using due their being a better option available?

I recall Othin saying that there is no reason to use general over great knight. IS really seems to be going out of their way to tell us not to use them this time...

I recall Othin saying that there is no reason to use general over great knight. IS really seems to be going out of their way to tell us not to use them this time...

I'm not sure he actually converted anyone to General to look at their growths, though. He seemed to be in favour of Great Knight initially, but he's said a couple times that their class growths seem to be low. It'd make sense for Generals to have higher growths. So if you don't mind the lower movement so much, and still want all 3 weapons, there might be a reason to go General for Defence Cry or something.

There is the factor that, at least according to the information on the site so far, that General has superior caps over Great Knight on all stats save Speed (which it lags behind by only two points). It also, of course, does not have GK's weakness to beast-slaying weapons (though likely only the Beast Killer lance is liable to show up in the enemy's hands).

However, caps really only begin to matter in post-game, where you can just simply class-change from GK to Gen, and during the campaign the extra MOV is far more likely to help out in combat (to actually get in a position of defense) than a (theorized) slightly superior defensive growth.

Okay so we DO have a confirmed postgame?

Every time I ask I just get the answer "It seems like there should be".

I really want to know too. It's the only thing that would make getting all children/endless reclassing/special items/all dlc/etc. worth it. By now, I think someone should be able to answer our question.

[spoiler=secret characters]Also, once someone gets to it, do the secret characters appear in a second play-through started after the game has been finished once, through some sort of clear data or on the postgame if it exists? I assume the option to save Emelina is on a 2nd run like with Pelleas.

There's no postgame. You don't get anything in the final chapter besides the EXP from killing enemies, and you can return to the world map from the preparation screen even after entering a chapter, so there's actually not much point anyway. Just reload after the ending and do whatever you want.

How would you rate the over-all usefulness of all the classes? Specifically, are there any classes you feel aren't worth using due their being a better option available?

I'm planning on explaining the effectiveness and shortcomings of all the characters I used once I finish the game, which should partially contribute to this, but there aren't too many times when I'll be able to explain the specific details of classes.

For the Cry skills is the user also affected by them or just other allies and does Rainbow Cry stack with the others ones, e.g. would Rainbow Cry and Speed Cry used on the same turn give +8 speed to those affected?

The Cry skills do not affect the user. They do not stack with themselves, but they stack with each other: Two Rainbow Cries used on the same turn will still only give +4 bonuses to characters in range of both, but a Rainbow Cry followed by a different Cry skill will give bonuses that stack for +8 total.

Did not even know the latter until I tested it a minute ago to answer this. Excellent question.

I'm not sure he actually converted anyone to General to look at their growths, though. He seemed to be in favour of Great Knight initially, but he's said a couple times that their class growths seem to be low. It'd make sense for Generals to have higher growths. So if you don't mind the lower movement so much, and still want all 3 weapons, there might be a reason to go General for Defence Cry or something.

I made Degel into a General, but I never found it easy to use her effectively. In terms of base stats, Generals beat Great Knights in every stat except Speed and Move, and Great Knights also have access to swords, which I didn't find overly useful, at least for Callum who had low ranks in both swords and axes. I suspect Generals also surpass Great Knights in most if not all growths other than Speed.

Within the Cry skills, I've only found myself giving much use to Rainbow Cry, mainly for the speed bonus. So I'd probably use Speed Cry if I had any Falcoknights, but I've never found too much of a motivation to use Defense Cry. Perhaps crossed with another Cry skill... Regardless, I'd say the real reason to use Generals is the overall stat advantages that just keep growing. In terms of movement speed, Generals can keep up well enough with the Double system. The question is, are they better at keeping up throughout the game? I'm not sure.

There is the factor that, at least according to the information on the site so far, that General has superior caps over Great Knight on all stats save Speed (which it lags behind by only two points). It also, of course, does not have GK's weakness to beast-slaying weapons (though likely only the Beast Killer lance is liable to show up in the enemy's hands).

However, caps really only begin to matter in post-game, where you can just simply class-change from GK to Gen, and during the campaign the extra MOV is far more likely to help out in combat (to actually get in a position of defense) than a (theorized) slightly superior defensive growth.

I haven't seen too many slayer weapons on normal, but there have been a few.

And yeah, my characters aren't anywhere near their stat caps, with just two chapters left. The highest stat any of my characters have is 36, and it's not too common for stats to break 30 in the first place within my current team. Regardless, while caps may not matter, growths do. This game absolutely uses a growth modifying system like the one in FE11/12, so there have to be some differences, and as Generals surpass Great Knights in so many base stats, it's a safe bet that they surpass them in growths, too. The only question is, how much?

What I can say is that I made Krom, Soiree, and Callum into Great Knights, and I've since dropped Soiree and Callum from my team, while Krom is struggling. The class has issues. Granted, I also dropped Degel because she wasn't keeping up well enough to keep justifying a deployment slot either, so it doesn't necessarily make the class worse than General, but I didn't find movement to be a huge concern for her. So it's hard to say, but there's a lot to consider here.

There's no postgame. You don't get anything in the final chapter besides the EXP from killing enemies, and you can return to the world map from the preparation screen even after entering a chapter, so there's actually not much point anyway. Just reload after the ending and do whatever you want.

Well, that's unfortunate. Can you keep doing that after the ending, or do you need to save in a separate slot?

Man, that's a disappointment.

That it is.

Any Arena system to battle friends?

There does not seem to be any head-to-head multiplayer, although you can send your team to other games to fight other players as a CPU team.

I received two teams while at the mall, somehow. Can't tell whether they're real from other crazies or generated somehow.

Edited by Othin