Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Makes sense. But no, I've never actually bought points for it. How do you go about doing that? Particularly with a Japanese 3DS but with American dollars.

As long as you have an international credit card, you should be able to buy it and the credit card company will do the conversion automatically for you. Anyway, go to the e-shop, and it should be the second to last option going straight to the left, which should resemble a credit card.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't block reinforcements on higher difficulties?

That's just cruel D:

I'm wondering if reinforcements actually move on the same turn after they are summoned.

One thing I found is that getting a character to LV15 promoted takes quite a bit of time, and I didn't feel like grinding that much

I've heard that u cannot grind much in the Lunatic Mode due to the high cost of a "certain item" needed to access random encounters.

Still pretty dickish if they can reach your units on the turn they spawn, though, if you are going at it without a guide. Just earlier I was playing C19 of FE12 Lunatic, and on turn 6 EP 12 Dracoknights spawn on the 3 corners of the map, without warning. First time I encountered that, Marth was down at the village recruiting Roshea and got 4 Dracos in his face that pretty much kills him and Roshea without as much as a warning. ALL OF MY HATE.

Damn. O_o

You'll need eShop points. I just found out that the Japanese shop apparently accepts foreign credit cards. I'm not sure on this, but if it doesn't work you can buy some Japanese prepaid cards. Sucks that I just found that the former possibly works because I just spent some money getting a prepaid card. Either way, if you're looking for those, www.yesasia.com is only place online I found thus far that sells them.

Now that changes everything to know what to do to use their shops with imported games.

----

I'm really looking forward to the characters names in the European and US versions of the spotpass and DLC only characters. As it will actually tell us what some of these characters names would be if the earlier FE's made it to our shores in the 90's. =)

Edited by リンダ

As long as you have an international credit card, you should be able to buy it and the credit card company will do the conversion automatically for you. Anyway, go to the e-shop, and it should be the second to last option going straight to the left, which should resemble a credit card.

Ah, thanks. I'll look into this.

I'm wondering if reinforcements actually move on the same turn after they are summoned.

I've heard that u cannot grind much in the Lunatic Mode due to the high cost of a "certain item" needed to access random encounters.

They do indeed move and attack. That's my point.

You don't need the Scented Box to access the random encounters; they'll appear randomly without it. You just need it to generate them at will when and where you want.

BTW, Othin, have the enemies in Lunatic already started to come with those Lunatic only skills?

Those are specifically Lunatic+, the mode unlocked after Lunatic. Apparently in that mode they start to use those skills as early as the Prologue, but none use them here.

Edited by Othin

Also, do ALL enemies have every one of those skills in Lunatic+? Or do certain enemies have certain skills, certain others have certain other skills, etc?

Also, do ALL enemies have every one of those skills in Lunatic+? Or do certain enemies have certain skills, certain others have certain other skills, etc?

They do not all have all of the skills. According to atwiki, some Lunatic+ enemies have Absolute Hit, Luna+, Vantage+, and Pass starting in the Prologue, and then starting in Ch3 Counter, Great Shield+, Holy Shield+, and Weak Beats Strong are added. I'm sure more are added later. I don't know how many skills each enemy has, but out of those, I doubt it's more than one or two at the beginning. Can't say about later.

another question. How intelligent would you say the enemies are in general? I'm assuming the "rush to our death" is pretty common place, but are there any instances where they simply ignore attacking just move to block your progress?

Very general question... since it seems like you've had the game for a while now, how do you think it stacks up with the rest of the series? I'm not going to put down the hundreds of dollars necessary for an import, but assuming it does come over to the States, is it worth a day one purchase?

So does anyone know how to get points to spend on DLC? I'm still completely confused.

http://techforums.ni...age/39306#39306

^ Members, I'm afraid the answer to that question is inconclusive thanks to the above link's information, as according to the link above, assuming it's all true, foreign credit cards, or cards distributed outside of the system's region, will only serve to charge you for nothing w/o contacting your respective credit card company(I've seen stories about transactions for nothing when it comes to attemtping to buy a eShop game w/ a card distributed outside the system's region), as after a recent update, such cards will not work anymore in terms of adding points w/o assistance from secondhand-or-third-party-middleman-retailer-bought prepaid cards, due to the fact that if you try to buy the item immediately w/ such foreign card, you'll get an error, and wasted money if you don't know how to communicate w/ the card companies... :(

^ Anyone here that can prove the above link as wrong info, if only for poor Othin, who might need a good answer to whether or not the region lock applies to credit cards too?

Edited by shadowjam

Since you've already played a bit in Lunatic, Othin, what are some of the skills you're seeing enemies with?

Through Ch3, they've just been having their class's LV1 skill, and even then only about half the time, seemingly at random.

another question. How intelligent would you say the enemies are in general? I'm assuming the "rush to our death" is pretty common place, but are there any instances where they simply ignore attacking just move to block your progress?

I haven't seen anything special like that: aside from enemies that are stationary or flee, they just attack if given the opportunity. The only exception is the sidequest where you have to protect Tiki: they'll ignore your own characters unless you're using them as part of a living wall around her, which makes the chapter very challenging.

Very general question... since it seems like you've had the game for a while now, how do you think it stacks up with the rest of the series? I'm not going to put down the hundreds of dollars necessary for an import, but assuming it does come over to the States, is it worth a day one purchase?

Without a doubt, it's the best game in the series.

http://techforums.ni...age/39306#39306

^ Members, I'm afraid the answer to that question is inconclusive thanks to the above link's information, as according to the link above, assuming it's all true, foreign credit cards, or cards distributed outside of the system's region, will only serve to charge you for nothing w/o contacting your respective credit card company(I've seen stories about transactions for nothing when it comes to attemtping to buy a eShop game w/ a card distributed outside the system's region), as after a recent update, such cards will not work anymore in terms of adding points w/o assistance from secondhand-or-third-party-middleman-retailer-bought prepaid cards, due to the fact that if you try to buy the item immediately w/ such foreign card, you'll get an error, and wasted money if you don't know how to communicate w/ the card companies... :(

^ Anyone here that can prove the above link as wrong info, if only for poor Othin, who might need a good answer to whether or not the region lock applies to credit cards too?

Well, shit.

I can't say I've personally tried it on the 3DS Japanese store, but I can attest that it works on the Wii. As long as you have an international credit card, the store will accept the transaction and redeem your points. The issue in the link posted above seems to that the American store, specifically, blocks foreign credit cards. Doing a quick search with Google, I've found many reports saying that the 3DS Japanese store accepts international credit cards though.

See:

http://www.gamefaqs....14-3ds/62680659

and

http://www.gamefaqs....wers?qid=291991

(I've seen stories about transactions for nothing when it comes to attemtping to buy a eShop game w/ a card distributed outside the system's region), as after a recent update, such cards will not work anymore in terms of adding points w/o assistance from secondhand-or-third-party-middleman-retailer-bought prepaid cards, due to the fact that if you try to buy the item immediately w/ such foreign card, you'll get an error, and wasted money if you don't know how to communicate w/ the card companies... :(

What? If that really had happened, I'm pretty sure it'd have blown up on the news. That's not "standard" procedure at all. The link you've posted also mentions nothing about that. If the store blocks international credit cards, it won't even charge you because it won't allow you to complete the transaction. Charging you and not adding points is outright stealing.

I got a region related problem similar to that once on the Wii before changing my region settings, and it didn't charge me for anything at all - it didn't even let me finish the procedure in the first place. As soon as I was done inserting credit card info, it gave me an error message. I highly doubt Nintendo would be so incompetent they'd put into place a significantly worse system for the 3DS that would just bring bad press to them, and that would randomly go unnoticed.

Edited by NeonZ

Sounds like it's worth a try.

Played through Lunatic Ch3. This one was also damn challenging, although I was able to work through it. Enemies charge you from two directions, and you can't possibly fight them both off at once, so I went west to grab Callum and clear out the enemies there, then east to cut through the other group. After that, the enemies were nice enough to wait behind their doors while I healed until I opened just one door and forced them to squeeze through a chokepoint. That made them easy enough to deal with, although the chapter wound up taking 19 turns and quite a bit of time. Frederick is now LV5, although I fortunately didn't need to use his Silver Lance at all. This took a few attempts and a lot of thinking, but ignoring the Prologue, they seem to be getting more reasonable.

Of course, reasonable is relative. Multiple Fighters in Ch4 have Short Axes and the boss now has 16 Speed and 29 Atk, as well as moving like on all difficulty levels. Several S1 Barbarians also have Short Axes in addition to Steel Axes, while another gains a Hammer - another obstacle to Frederick use. I'm not even sure how you'd get kills for Donny in this map, but I plan on holding off until I have characters who can take care of him a bit better. Oh, and the boss has a Silver Axe and Short Axe, on top of crazy stats. For perspective: as a LV7 Barbarian, he has better stats than S2's LV1 Berserker boss does not only on NM, but on HM.

Meanwhile, I gained access to download stuff. I was paying attention this time and was able to confirm that the time to load the downloads was very short, much shorter than the time it took to download S18 originally on my NM file. Meanwhile I got that download, the entire FE1 Gen 1 SpotPass set, and all the other stuff, although I can't make much use out of any of it yet. So it seems it really does preserve the downloads from previous months, either that or you can just get them all if you've already downloaded them onto that SD card. However, for the SpotPass characters being released this month, I only got Prince Marth so far as opposed to the other characters I've gotten on my other files. So for the current month it does seem to be holding to that rule of giving you just one per day.

As for the actual content of the downloads, I was able to get Tyrfing immediately. The DLC characters seem harder to get. They all get bonuses on the harder difficulty levels, even the bosses, although they lose those bonuses when recruited - at least on HM; I haven't actually recruited any on LM but I'm sure it's a safe assumption. Lunatic Dierdre has the same crazy stats and maxed weapon ranks as all the other Lunatic enemies, and she also has substantial bonuses forged onto her Nosferatu spell. This is my first time seeing a forged weapon outside a skirmish - still don't know if they ever appear during the main story, but I'm sure at least on Lunatic they do eventually.

The enemies...they frighten me. So, maxed stats with forged weapons for some of the DLC characters? I'm curious as to whether or not any of these weapons will show up during the primary chapters, but you'll find that out as you go on. Thus far, Lunatic sounds about as tough as it should be: meaning I"m not going to touch it with a stick (I couldn't get through Radiant Dawn Hard Mode).

Glad to hear that you don't have to re-download for additional save files. That clears up one question on my mind

I've seen images of max-stat enemies from Lunatic, but I think those are just in skirmishes: those enemies were LV20 promoted, and generic enemies like that only show up in the final main story chapters, when you're not fighting Corpse Soldiers any more. And levels don't seem to change between difficulties. So to be fighting LV20 Corpse Soldiers, it must have been a skirmish rather than a regular chapter. So we have no indication of regular chapters having maxed stat enemies.

DLC is another story. I decided to try calling up Sigurd's team, and it's terrifying. All of the weapons aside from Gaebolg and Gungnir have the hacked +8 Mt / +20 Hit, and most of them do have capped stats. The strange thing is, those caps vary: apparently even generic enemies have variable cap modifiers. One Paladin has Str capped at 43 and Skl at 42, another has Str 42 and Skl 43, another has Str 44 and Skl 41. Meanwhile the General has 50 Str and 50 Def... but no stats capped. The Great Knight has Str capped at 51. Oh, and Skl capped at 35. They also all have 80 HP, except the Valkyrie.

Sigurd is carrying Tyrfing and a hacked Sigurd's Steel Sword. The latter is easily the better of the two, winning by 7 Mt, 20 Hit, and 5 Crit just in exchange for 5 Res.

This does seem to be a special case: Sigurd's team was the strongest group of enemies I ever fought on Normal.

Edited by Othin

Well, that gives me some relief. At least by the time normal enemies are that powerful your team should have sufficient time to grow strong enough to deal with them in a reasonable fashion.

DLC seems to be the ultimate challenge. Pretty interesting about the stat caps varying between generic enemies however. It makes me wonder what exactly causes the modifiers and if they are able to be manipulated in some manner. Some stats capping at 50 is a bit "wow" for me though. That's...quite a bit to deal with.

Sigurd sounds like he's returned from the Other World to show everyone why he is the best Lord. And you say his stats are all capped? This, I have to see for myself.

I've seen images of max-stat enemies from Lunatic, but I think those are just in skirmishes: those enemies were LV20 promoted, and generic enemies like that only show up in the final main story chapters, when you're not fighting Corpse Soldiers any more. And levels don't seem to change between difficulties. So to be fighting LV20 Corpse Soldiers, it must have been a skirmish rather than a regular chapter. So we have no indication of regular chapters having maxed stat enemies.

DLC is another story. I decided to try calling up Sigurd's team, and it's terrifying. All of the weapons aside from Gaebolg and Gungnir have the hacked +8 Mt / +20 Hit, and most of them do have capped stats. The strange thing is, those caps vary: apparently even generic enemies have variable cap modifiers. One Paladin has Str capped at 43 and Skl at 42, another has Str 42 and Skl 43, another has Str 44 and Skl 41. Meanwhile the General has 50 Str and 50 Def... but no stats capped. The Great Knight has Str capped at 51. Oh, and Skl capped at 35. They also all have 80 HP, except the Valkyrie.

Sigurd is carrying Tyrfing and a hacked Sigurd's Steel Sword. The latter is easily the better of the two, winning by 7 Mt, 20 Hit, and 5 Crit just in exchange for 5 Res.

This does seem to be a special case: Sigurd's team was the strongest group of enemies I ever fought on Normal.

That is Scary. How in the world did you beat those guys? o_o

Bow users can get oodles of accuracy boosts in this game and also have a lot of skill. Their Attack power is at the same level of most magical classes except Sage and Sorcerer, with Sage being the strongest. The thing is though, Bow Knights lose out to Dark Knights but Snipers are generally the best Archer class anyway. Also Assassins in this game can also use bows, so that's a plus for their side. The skills... generally lead in the magic user's favor though more than the Bow User's. So in short, not very out classed. There's about only 5 possible natural bow users in the game though.

So would you say that Lunatic is a huge jump from Hard? I'm debating on what to do for my 3rd playthrough... Any general advice for Lunatic? I don't know if it would be much fun if I'm going to have to replay everything many times.

Here's a question that involves the Earth Dragon tribe.

The Earth Dragons except for Medeus were sealed away by Naga, Emperor Galle sailed to Akaneia and made a pact with Loptous, with Loptous avoiding being sealed by possessing Galle and his relatives.

Why wasn't Gimle sealed with the other Earth Dragons? Does the game address this?

Edited by Retsudo

Here's a question that involves the Earth Dragon tribe.

The Earth Dragons except for Medeus were sealed away by Naga, Emperor Galle sailed to Akaneia and made a pact with Loptous, with Loptous avoiding being sealed by possessing Galle and his relatives.

Why wasn't Gimle sealed with the other Earth Dragons? Does the game address this?

Has Gimle been confirmed as an Earth Dragon?