Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Are there any traces of Future MU from before she was possessed by Gimle going by the dialogue Gimle/MU has? Julius did call Alvis his father and didn't want Ishtar to fight. I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't, but still.

Also, how evil are Inverse and Gangrel? Is there anything Fauder is doing to make sure they obey him? Since both of them are unlockable characters, I thought they might not be all that evil. Or am I wrong?

Edited by Retsudo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DLC maps are seriously worth it just for the music. Doesn't seem to show up in the Unit Viewer, but you can play the battles any time so whatever.

As I thought, the Magic Fighter item functions like a promotion item: you can use it to "promote" any unit that's either LV10+ unpromoted or any level promoted, just that the promotion is always Magic Fighter. I used mine on Sol because why the hell not. The class does look a bit weird, though.

Now I'm tempted to just go ahead and buy another $10 of points so I can buy the remaining two maps and Elincia's when it comes out. Should I go for it? They're quite fun so far.

The DLC maps are seriously worth it just for the music. Doesn't seem to show up in the Unit Viewer, but you can play the battles any time so whatever.

As I thought, the Magic Fighter item functions like a promotion item: you can use it to "promote" any unit that's either LV10+ unpromoted or any level promoted, just that the promotion is always Magic Fighter. I used mine on Sol because why the hell not. The class does look a bit weird, though.

Now I'm tempted to just go ahead and buy another $10 of points so I can buy the remaining two maps and Elincia's when it comes out. Should I go for it? They're quite fun so far.

If you're having fun with them, why not? Seems to be worth it for you.

Not sure if this has been asked, but how much freedom do you have with Forge? Can you rename weapons and what all stats can you upgrade?

Nice, you managed to purchase the DLC and got Arum's chapter?

In that case, does Demon Fighter appear in the class roll? If so, I'm curious as to what its official Japanese name is. Please don't be Magic Fighter...

If you're having fun with them, why not? Seems to be worth it for you.

Not sure if this has been asked, but how much freedom do you have with Forge? Can you rename weapons and what all stats can you upgrade?

Like FE11/12, you can forge bonuses onto existing weapons, but you can do it any time between chapters, any number of times. You can indeed rename them, and upgrade Mt/Hit/Crit. You can add a maximum of eight upgrades to one weapon: an upgrade is 1 Mt, 5 Hit, or 3 Crit. You can upgrade any one stat up to five times, maximum, and forging the same weapon multiple times won't let you get around that. Enemies can break both of those rules with their own forged weapons, though: I've seen them have up to +8 Mt and +20 Hit, but only in skirmishes or harder difficulty levels.

In terms of payment, it's based on the price of whichever weapon you're adding the bonuses to. You take the price, and multiple it by the ratio of uses remaining (20/40 = 1/2) to get the base price. From there, each stat counts individually based on that price. These are the overall costs of forging that number of upgrades onto a weapon:

+1: +50%

+2: +150%

+3: +300%

+4: +500%

+5: +750%

Again, these are cumulative. So going from +3 to +4 adds 200% of the original price on top of the price for +3. And the bonuses given to one stat have no impact on costs of bonuses for another stat: add +3 to two stats and the total cot will be 600% of the base price.

In that case, does Demon Fighter appear in the class roll? If so, I'm curious as to what its official Japanese name is. Please don't be Magic Fighter...

Watched the class roll several times and didn't see it. I did see Overlord a few times, though. I'm not certain about its base stats, but this is how it looks:

Str: 10

Mag: 3

Skl: 9

Spd: 8

Def: 12

Res: 5

We should be able to confirm when Valhart gets released in June.

Based on the Youtube videos I've seen, it translates directly as Magic Fighter / Magic Warrior.

Based on the Youtube videos I've seen, it translates directly as Magic Fighter / Magic Warrior.

I admit, I am talking from second hand knowledge, but I think it also translates directly to Demon Fighter/Warrior as well. The same way, for instance, Makai translates to both Magic World and Demon World. However, it is entirely possible that those are two unrelated cases and/or I just don't know what I am talking about. Sorry for any trouble.

I admit, I am talking from second hand knowledge, but I think it also translates directly to Demon Fighter/Warrior as well. The same way, for instance, Makai translates to both Magic World and Demon World. However, it is entirely possible that those are two unrelated cases and/or I just don't know what I am talking about. Sorry for any trouble.

Well, see, that's the confusion. This appears to be another such case, where the class could legitimately be translated as either Demon Fighter or Magic Fighter. The question is, which lines up with what the class is supposed to be? As cool as Demon Fighter sounds, the class uses magic, resists magic, and doesn't appear to have anything to do with demons.

The class names are given in the class roll with romaji, which would plainly say either Magic or Demon, but I haven't seen it to find out.

Edited by Othin

Well, see, that's the confusion. This appears to be another such case, where the class could legitimately be translated as either Demon Fighter or Magic Fighter. The question is, which lines up with what the class is supposed to be? As cool as Demon Fighter sounds, the class uses magic, resists magic, and doesn't appear to have anything to do with demons.

The class names are given in the class roll with romaji, which would plainly say either Magic or Demon, but I haven't seen it to find out.

Personally, I am starting to think Magic Fighter would be the more fitting name. Even in Gaiden, where the class only used swords, they had the highest base resistance of all the normal classes, so they were Magic Fighters in the sense that they were the best to fight magic. If that makes sense. And as you said, the class has nothing to do with demons.

I am a bit curious, how does the class roll work anyway? Do classes, characters, etc just show up as you unlock them?

Personally, I am starting to think Magic Fighter would be the more fitting name. Even in Gaiden, where the class only used swords, they had the highest base resistance of all the normal classes, so they were Magic Fighters in the sense that they were the best to fight magic. If that makes sense. And as you said, the class has nothing to do with demons.

I am a bit curious, how does the class roll work anyway? Do classes, characters, etc just show up as you unlock them?

I'm not sure. I know I was seeing some children characters show up before I had unlocked them, like Brady appearing as the Priest before I had even started to get children characters.

So I noticed something with the trio of Spirit Talisman chapters.

Marth/Caeda

Alm/Cellica

Sigurd/Dierdre

Serlis/Julia

Leaf/Nanna

Roy/Lillina

Eliwood/Lyn

Ephraim/Eirika

Ike/Elincia

Sothe/Micaiah

These are the characters that show up in those maps. If we look at the 10 unique games, ignore FE3, and count FE4 as two games, that's a male/female pair from each game. The females are the enemies in the first map with three males as allies, the males are enemies in the second map with three female allies, and all 20 are enemies in the final map.

The other DLC maps create their character lineups from SpotPass teams. So what are these three maps creating their lineup from? Well, we may observe that all six DLC characters released thus far are from those 20. And 20 is the maximum number of extra characters your team can have. So it could be fitting that there might be 20 specially designed characters - to an extent - to fill those slots. So I get the idea that these 20 will be our lineup of DLC characters.

Instead of Magic Fighter, Why not Battle Mage or War Mage? As a name.

We can't just do that without a good reason.

The class name is 魔戦士.

é­” = Magic / Demon

戦 = War

士 = Professional

戦士 = Warrior / Soldier / Fighter

魔戦士 = Magic Fighter / Demon Fighter

Furthermore, the class is primarily physical, while the names you mention have the connotation of being primarily magical.

Makes sense I suppose. The design and look screams Samurai to me though.

Both the original Gaiden sprite and the new design look more like ninjas to me. Is this related to Myrmidon/Swordmasters being samurai, and the original Magic Fighter being a promotion of Swordfighter (the Japanese name of Myrmidon, though in Gaiden it was basically a Hero)? Maybe?