Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Pairing MU with Serge, neither Mark nor Jerome had any conversation with the final boss.

Don't know about Mark. I heard he/she comes from a different timeline, but that doesn't sound like it fits with the supports.

Oh, well I'm not surprised the other children besides Mark don't have a convo with MUdeus, what with how many children MU can have. But not Mark? Eh...

If Mark really is from a different future than Lucina and Co. then I guess it's that MUdeus came about differently and later on enough for Mark to be around unlike in Lucina's future. Or maybe MUdeus came about and whoever was Mark's other parent didn't find out until it was too late. Maybe he/she got along with Krom/Tiamao/Whoever enough.

Look at Julius, even after what happened with the Loptous tome, Julius still hung around with Ishtar.

Edited by Retsudo

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what it sounds like to me. I don't know of any way to use Battle Saves, though.

They're only available in Casual mode AFAIK.

I wonder if mark will mention elibe in his supports.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I heard he's lost his memory, similar to MU at the very start of the game.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/643003-fire-emblem-kakusei/reviews/review-150514

Someone else recently posted a review; this one seems like it came from someone who actually, y'know, played it.

I honestly don't know if it's accurate or not, but I don't necessarily agree with their point that dual attacks shouldn't be chance-based.

Thoughts, Othin?

Dat story score.

Is it just me or does nobody like the story?

Its just not the most original thing ever. I pretty much agree with that GameFAQs guy. There are still some fun twists though.

I'm really getting to like the possibilities for messing with the order of side stories. They can be quite easy if you go into them later in the game than intended, but in the case of the more difficult DLC chapters and some of the sidequests, you can unlock them and play them at levels quite a bit below what they're designed for, getting an extra challenge for the reward of more quickly recruiting a strong character if you choose to.

They're only available in Casual mode AFAIK.

Interesting. Sounds a bit redundant with no permadeath, though.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/643003-fire-emblem-kakusei/reviews/review-150514

Someone else recently posted a review; this one seems like it came from someone who actually, y'know, played it.

I honestly don't know if it's accurate or not, but I don't necessarily agree with their point that dual attacks shouldn't be chance-based.

Thoughts, Othin?

I've talked with the guy, and he seems like he knows what he's talking about, except when he vehemently opposed efforts to get the previous review taken down. That little display of his was just bizarre. Regardless, his analysis seems fair enough, although I have an even higher opinion of most aspects of it.

But yes, what he says about Dual Attacks is nonsense. If you could simply activate Dual Attacks whenever you wanted to, it would be disgustingly overpowered, and there are already mechanics in place that activate based on chances without too much of a reason. It's just a way of getting something to work sometimes and not others. I do feel that conditional activations tend to be better than chance-based ones, and maybe there's some room to work with there for Dual Attacks, but I'd say the system works great as it.

For a realistic explanation, we could just say that the ally attacks when they see a good chance to do so without getting in the main fighter's way, and the better the support, the better they are at coordinating their attacks to do that.

Dat story score.

Is it just me or does nobody like the story?

From what I know of the plot, it sounds quite good, but it's true that it's not really the most original. Can't say I'm familiar with other stories that go quite that route, though.

One thing that bugs me from the perspective of game progression is the Varm chapters. Valhart never winds up doing much, and he doesn't seem that relevant. More annoying is a few chapters in a row that turn out pretty much as "main characters chat, cut to map screen with Varm soldiers". Maybe it makes sense with whatever they're saying, but it seems odd.

Doesn't help that those chapters are the easiest, at least on Normal. I'm playing through them now on Hard and the enemies seem to be putting up more of a fight. Maybe it's just because I haven't leveled up Serge as much.

So when is it possible that we actually see individual and class growth rates? I know an international release date hasn't even been announced yet, but I'm already itching to start team planning ahead of time.

So when is it possible that we actually see individual and class growth rates? I know an international release date hasn't even been announced yet, but I'm already itching to start team planning ahead of time.

That will likely take hacking the game to find out, and no one knows how to do that.

I'm sure we'll get them eventually, but I don't think anyone knows when that might be. Unless you know of anyone working on trying to figure out how to work with 3DS ROMs and can get a progress report from them, but I don't know of any such people.

Edited by Othin

That will likely take hacking the game to find out, and no one knows how to do that.

simple to hack a game all you need to do is

1. acquire game and 3DS magnets may help to acquire game

2. acquire hack saw magnets may help to acquire hack saw

3. procede to hack the game

4. congratulations you have hacked the 3DS

How about resetting the game x00 number of times to determine approximate growths? Then again, the class modifiers make everything complicated, unless you can get generic replacements a la Shadow Dragon.

How about resetting the game x00 number of times to determine approximate growths? Then again, the class modifiers make everything complicated, unless you can get generic replacements a la Shadow Dragon.

It would take a lot of resets to get numbers reliably correct to the nearest 5%, and more to take class modifiers into account.

No generic replacements, and I don't think they'd help much.

Didn't some guides have growth rates for FE? Maybe we'd get one of those.

This does seem like it may be our best hope for now. Although I can't say I mind things as they are.

statistically this is only really possible after a verrrrrrrrrrry large amount of attempts

and frankly, there's not really true randomness in this game either, since it's all seeds based. though, the way seeds are done these days i guess don't make it too bad

Actually, that might make things easier, if we could figure out the value of specific RNs in queue and use them to test specific stats.

Would not be fast, though.

have you been able to see if the classes that are similar are any different in growths yet? like thief vs myrmidon, or mage vs dark mage? my copy isnt comming til arround june 1st and i wanna have my re-classing planned out gee_wiz_emoticon.gif im interested in having taimo as a dark knight to use her as a more melee oriented magic unit

have you been able to see if the classes that are similar are any different in growths yet? like thief vs myrmidon, or mage vs dark mage? my copy isnt comming til arround june 1st and i wanna have my re-classing planned out gee_wiz_emoticon.gif im interested in having taimo as a dark knight to use her as a more melee oriented magic unit

Well, they largely reflect the classes' own base stat differences. Great Knight, Dark Knight, and Dragonmaster all seem to have slow Spd increases, while others like Swordmaster and Griffin Knight increase the stat faster. Also, Berserkers are much faster than Warriors. Spd stuff was the main thing I noticed just because of how important it is.

Making Tiamo into a Dark Knight might be difficult, since she can't get swords in her normal classes and Dark Mages can't use lances. Your best bet would probably be to promote to Dark Pegasus, then to Dark Knight later in the game after she learns Lightning Speed, focusing in increasing her Tome rank during that time so she can fight competently without having to increase her ranks. She'll probably pick up enough Spd from her other classes to do fine, and Dark Knights are solid otherwise. You'll have to start from Bronze Swords for melee, though.

Of course, if you just want a magic user that can be on the front lines, Saria is your best bet as she already is. She's fast, bulky, and powerful, and can heal with her Nosferatu spells. Easily one of the best characters. Henry is good, but he's much slower in exchange for increased Skl. He's good at using Ruin because of his increased accuracy, but he has serious issues doubling, and it can be hard enough to keep him from being doubled.

i see, i was planning on getting her to dark mage then promoting her to dark knight(to save up on change seals) then increase her sword lvl with an arms scroll or 2. unless arms scrolls arent very common then ill prolly go the rout you suggested. im just lookin forward to tryin all the classes, want at least 2 bow knights. iv just been iffy on peg knights or flying units in general as i dont like units that can be taken out in a single attack from specific enemies. are there any lotes shield like items in this game?

There are no shields against bows, although you can have her learn Bow Slayer to ruin bows' hit rates against her. I decided to go that route on my run, although she wound up behind for a while and never actually got to use it as a flier until postgame.

Bows are a big threat, but you can work around them: being able to highlight the range of specific enemies helps a lot with keeping track of this. With the Double system, fliers are even more useful than ever before, but you do have to be careful. One thing you can do is have a foot unit jump onto the flier, then have the flier go where you want her and then switch to put the foot unit in front. Even if there are bows in range, they can then only attack the foot unit, not the flier.

Henry's gettin' doubled? Welp, I guess I'll have to Double him with Sariya until I sub him out for a child character or Inverse or DLC. I was so excited for his dark mage mentality.

Well, if you Double him with the right characters, he shouldn't have issues with getting doubled and can double some slow things. But yeah, his Spd is terrible.

But it's worth using Henry forever just because he's Henry.

Edited by Othin

Well, if you Double him with the right characters, he shouldn't have issues with getting doubled and can double some slow things. But yeah, his Spd is terrible.

But it's worth using Henry forever just because he's Henry.

True~ How does Double work, anyways? Do the characters each take a turn with a full movement and action or are they stuck to the leading character's action or what?

True~ How does Double work, anyways? Do the characters each take a turn with a full movement and action or are they stuck to the leading character's action or what?

Let's say we have Vake, a Berserker, and Serge, a Dragonmaster.

Vake wants to move farther, so he moves up to Serge and selects Double. This temporarily combines the two characters into one. Serge gets huge Str and Spd bonuses, as the Berserker class has large inherent bonuses to those stats in Double and Vake's likely high numbers there increase them even more. So now Serge can fly around with Vake. She can fly up to an enemy and attack with her boosted stats, or she can fly up to the enemy and put Vake in front to have him attack with his boosted stats. Or she can just fly somewhere and leave herself or Vake in front without attacking.

Either way, you'll only get one action for the two characters while they stay like this, and the characters have to move together, so maybe you want to just have Serge fly Vake to where he wants to go and drop him, separating the two and losing the bonuses but getting them back as two separate characters. Serge can also pass Vake to another character, or she could move up to another character, switch Vake in front, and then Vake would pass Serge to another character. Then that character might move and have Serge attack a different enemy. So you can use it a lot for movement extensions, but if you want the characters to move separately, you have to have them spend a turn to drop the character. Or another character could take the side character and then drop them.

Either way, managing your characters in and out of Double is huge throughout the game. In just about every map, you should expect most if not all of your characters to enter Double at some point, even if it's just for the briefest period of time. It's just that useful, but you have to keep in mind the cost of shrinking your number of characters able to act separately while it's in use and costing actions to separate them. So there's a lot to think about, and it does a lot to change the way you play and increase strategy.

Of course, what's worth keeping in mind is, it's powerful because you need that power. Enemies are very tough in this game if you try to fight them with the straightforward means you could use in other FE games.

Well, I'll have to take a look at the story myself when it's out in English to decide if it's good or not. B|

Or harass people into translating more.

Edited by Othin