Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Sorry if this has already been asked and just missed it, but how many deployment slots are looking at for the endgame areas?

I saw you said 13 units for Gaiden 8. Is it about that number for most of the later game? And is it 13 + Krom + MU + Lucina in that case? (and, on a related note, is Krom + MU + Lucina required like I expect is the case?)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I tried it and yes there is a synergy between them , when you press the command the game only shows you the symbol of one of the cries activating but if you look at the stats you'll see that more than one has been increased (or in the case of rainbow cry + another cry you'll see that it has been increased further than 4)

... which character gets the most cries will be awesome

Sorry if this has already been asked and just missed it, but how many deployment slots are looking at for the endgame areas?

I saw you said 13 units for Gaiden 8. Is it about that number for most of the later game? And is it 13 + Krom + MU + Lucina in that case? (and, on a related note, is Krom + MU + Lucina required like I expect is the case?)

I recall Othin mentioning the Final chapter is 16 units. I believe Luchina is optional (she can die if I remember correctly...). Uncertain about MU and Krom.

... which character gets the most cries will be awesome

Let's see.

Grandmaster get Rainbow Cry.

Warriors get Strength Cry

Dark Pegasus get Movement Cry.

Falcon Knight gets Speed cry.

Vakyrie gets Resistance Cry.

Sage gets Magic Cry

General gets Defensive Cry.

Bow Knight gets Skill Cry.

Battle Monk/Cleric gets Luck Cry.

So aside form a Female MU and FMark who can get 8 at the same time. Let's see how many some people can get.

Base Classes which provide a cry outside of strategist.

Pegasus Knight x2!

Cleric/Priest x2

Mage x1 (overlap with the Cleric)

Archer and Mercenairy overlap 1.

Fighter and Barbarian overlap 1.

Knight 1.

Troubadour x2 (1 overlap with Cleric)

Cynthia gets Pegasus Knight, Knight and Cleric from her mother (that's already 5). While Valkyrie is out of reach because males don't have that one (unless fighter or berserker gets converted to Troubadour) she just needs and archer or mercenairy as daddy. She'll have 6 cries.

Rainbow Cry + Movement Cry + Speed Cry + Strength Cry + Magic Cry sounds like all you need

Only daughters of male MyUnit who inherit Strength Cry from him can pull that off.

If you replace Movement Cry for Defense Cry, then sons of female MyUnit who get Speed Cry from her can have the similar skillset.

Cynthia whom I used as example earlier on can easily get Speed, movement, Luck, Defense and Magic Cry. Not the perfect set but still super usefull.

Since her mother has access to the same classes SUmia can have 5 cries too.

I still like my simple solution. Krom x Sumia for Mark and Cynthia with Speed Cry and Rainbow Cry, then they promote and get Movement Cry. Lightning Speed also helps, and probably has better synergy than a fifth Cry would. You can then round it out with Magic Cry or Defense Cry or something. Those can be hard to justify using on their own, but when their use is free on top of the Cries you're already constantly using, why not?

I recall Othin mentioning the Final chapter is 16 units. I believe Luchina is optional (she can die if I remember correctly...). Uncertain about MU and Krom.

This is correct.

Krom is required in all main story chapters. No other characters are required. Main story maps in the second half of the game other than the Final hover between 13-15 deployment slots.

This is correct.

Krom is required in all main story chapters. No other characters are required. Main story maps in the second half of the game other than the Final hover between 13-15 deployment slots.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I can now enact a futile and overly elaborate plan for my party whilst waiting for the EU release. :awesome:

lol

Gharnef. His jealousy for the Excalibur tome lead to his death and now he can join u. What the hell is this world coming too?

"u" is spelt "you, and you wrote the wrong "too".

Jeez, don't the badguys ever learn: MERRIC IS NEVER GIVING UP EXCALIBUR DAMNIT!

Still pretty dickish if they can reach your units on the turn they spawn, though, if you are going at it without a guide. Just earlier I was playing C19 of FE12 Lunatic, and on turn 6 EP 12 Dracoknights spawn on the 3 corners of the map, without warning. First time I encountered that, Marth was down at the village recruiting Roshea and got 4 Dracos in his face that pretty much kills him and Roshea without as much as a warning. ALL OF MY HATE.

Shoot. That must suck!

Note to you: Send Gordin with Marth next time.

"u" is spelt "you, and you wrote the wrong "too".

...Wasn't Gharnef jealous over not getting Aura? Of course, the remakes have it so only girls can wield it anyway so...yay?

But I want it. That 30 Crit looks amazing.

So many ultimate weapons. Wonder how they plan on distributing them all. I doubt they'll all just be downloaded directly through SpotPass. Excalibur means we should see Aura for the FE1 set, Sol and Luna mean we should see Astra for the FE2 set, Ragnell means we should see Alondite for the FE9 set, and who knows what Sol Katti means.

On an unrelated note, I'm getting very curious about the SpotPass teams. In King vs. King, we saw the three Archanea teams against the three Jugdral teams. In Red vs. Blue, we're seeing the two Elibe teams against the two Tellius teams. There should be two teams remaining, for the total of 12. One is Magvel's team, and logic says that the last should be Magvel's opponent. But who?

Rainbow Cry + Movement Cry + Speed Cry + Strength Cry + Magic Cry sounds like all you need

You don't really need all of these. Only Rainbow Cry and perhaps Movement Cry. Wait. Does activating the command activate all the crys at the same time?

That makes one of your children having to be a support unit, though. They usually turn out ridiculous.

Espcially my Selena, with 50 STR and 51 SKL.

On another note, I haven't seen the FE1 spotpass team with King Marth. (Or prince Marth for that matter)

I've gotten Tailfing, Sol and Luna as well.

In my spotpass collection list:

- The Jugdral Team composing of:

Sigurd, Diadora, Alvis, Levin, Arden, Cuan, Ethlin, Aira, etc

and for FE1/3 -

- Only Gharnef and Tiki and Minerva

My brother's game only has Gharnef but he also has Nyna.

It seems games get different spotpass data.

Personally I haven't played Lunatic mode yet, but I'd like to know how difficult it is.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

Yeah, that's the point. They activate at the same time, and they all stack with each other, even Rainbow Cry.

FE1's SpotPass team has Prince Marth, not King Marth. You do seem to be getting characters from that team; you're just getting them in a bit of an odd order.

Lunatic is crazy hard, especially at the beginning. Most enemies in Ch2 can one-round base level Sol if he's not in Double. Farthest I've played so far is through Ch4; it does seem to be getting easier, although the enemies regardless put up quite a fight and you have to carefully work around them.

Might have one of the children characters do that for support then.

Odd order? So it's in a random order I guess.

I might try Lunatic one day, but it's my brothers game and he wants to save the last save file for our cousin :L.

I repeat because this is a question I would like answered, is there a max level in total, I dont mean the 20/20, I mean do the change proofs stop working at some point bbecause a maximum level total has been achieved?, or can you just change level loop until you have max stats

I repeat because this is a question I would like answered, is there a max level in total, I dont mean the 20/20, I mean do the change proofs stop working at some point bbecause a maximum level total has been achieved?, or can you just change level loop until you have max stats

Pretty sure you can loop until you hit the maxes. I'm not 100% certain on that though.

There is no limit. The way I see it, the game keeps track of past levels like this:

Change Seal to unpromoted class: Add current levels to cumulative levels and then divide cumulative levels by 2

Change Seal to promoted class: Add current levels to cumulative levels, divide cumulative levels by 2, and add 20

Master Seal to promoted class: Erase all cumulative levels and add 20

So it doesn't even have unlimited ability to keep track of your levels for the purposes of Exp gain, from the looks of it. Meanwhile there are a lot of images of characters that have used grinding to reach all maxed stats. I haven't tried going that far, though.

So main story+ gaidens and a few skirmishes, on what level will your chars be about, in total I mean.

It really depends on the character and what route they take in promoting. Unpromoted characters level up fast, even if you used a Change Seal on them from another unpromoted class. Sol, my best character, was a LV10 Cavalier --> LV10 Myrmidon --> LV15 Swordmaster plus a few levels of Assassin when I finished the main story. I didn't do all the Gaidens, though, because I had only made a few pairings before postgame.

Krom meanwhile was a LV10 Lord --> LV10 Cavalier --> LV8 Great Knight, I think? Great Knights aren't very good, it turns out. Meanwhile after Ch17 on my HM file, which has been a bit more focused in terms of characters I'm using, my MU is a LV15 Strategist --> LV15 Grandmaster --> LV3 Dark Pegasus, or something along those lines. I hadn't been distributing Exp too well on my NM file; I kept starting to use characters but then dropping them.

Why did you promote MU in level 15, and could you take some pics (or just write) how the characters from NM ended/are right now. And is Luna a good ability, Im not sure how much the halved defense/res will matter in this game

Why did you promote MU in level 15, and could you take some pics (or just write) how the characters from NM ended/are right now. And is Luna a good ability, Im not sure how much the halved defense/res will matter in this game

Didn't have Master Seals earlier. I got a lot of them really early from the merchants in my NM file, but not as many in HM. Do note that in NM I promoted MU around Ch6, and in my HM file it was only a few maps later. As I said, unpromoted characters level up fast.

I haven't seen Luna adding a whole lot of damage. It doesn't seem that great.

Edited by Othin