Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

She's one of Feria's knights; she keeps showing up for a while afterward, but I'm not sure about the details of what she does.

Ok thanks and what was her name?

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another note: Dual Attacks can crit or miss. It happens infrequently enough that it can seem like it's not a possibility, but it is.

Also, skills can miss. I've had Soiree activate Luna and then miss.

Ok thanks and what was her name?

Raimi: ライミ

Edited by Othin

Thanks! Now to figure out what's what...

As for Wood: I've been using Liz, but I haven't been pairing her up with anyone. So I could get the chapter, but I'd have to go a bit out of my way. What are you wondering about?

I figured you might want to obtain Wood's unique sword, by making him talk to one of the NPCs.

Thanks! Now to figure out what's what...

I figured you might want to obtain Wood's unique sword, by making him talk to one of the NPCs.

Do you still have questions about it?

Do you still have questions about it?

Nah, I think that's enough info for now.

This does make it slightly bothersome to figure out the Worth for items, which can't be forged, but you can't tell if they're special or not (eg. the Sweet Medicine). Not that it matters much, unless you can buy these items.

Have you had more children? Preferably between characters that aren't special, like Krom? Still curious about skill inheritance and if Aether was a fluke or not.

Just Krom/Soiree so far. Othin/Serge, Vake/Tiamo, and Sol/Miriel are all getting close, though, so I might have results for them soon.

Vake, Tiamo, and Sol should all be particularly interesting since, like with Krom, I reclassed all three of them before promoting them, so they're all now in "unusual" classes for themselves. So they should thoroughly test my theory.

Edited by Othin

Recurring minor antagonists?

YES YES YES

I don't think Raimi counts as an antagonist; she seems to be helping you afterward.

Cervantes and Exerai seem to be the ones filling that role. It's my understanding that they both have quite the personalities, although I can't read their dialogue. Exerai even seems to be a second playthrough character, although Cervantes unfortunately does not.

---

Regarding supports: They can go beyond the 15/10/10/10 bonus, although it requires multiple characters. My understanding is, each adjacent character contributes support levels, as well as any character in Double with the character in battle. No support means one level, C means two, etc., S means five. Then it adds up the levels and gives an overall bonus based on that. 15/10/10/10 is the bonus for five levels, which you can get with just an S support or with other combinations, but you can get even higher with multiple characters.

Dual Attacks can also get a really high probability with high support levels; right now, Soiree has a 79% chance of initiating hers when she's supporting Krom. So they really can get chances high enough to warrant serious consideration, at least with an S support. It's worth noting that Dual Attacks can kill enemies unpredictably and open characters to more enemy phase attacks, which can be an issue. I've had characters get killed by this multiple times.

Found out through this that Lucina does not cause a Game Over if she dies. I reset anyway, though. Not going for a no-resets run this time; I'm keeping my characters alive.

Is "reset" really its own past tense, or what? Man, fuck English.

---

1: +10 Hit

2: +10 Hit, +10 Avo

3: +10 Hit, +10 Avo, +10 CEV

4: +10 Hit, +10 Crit, +10 Avo, +10 CEV

5: +15 Hit, +10 Crit, +10 Avo, +10 CEV

6: +15 Hit, +10 Crit, +15 Avo, +10 CEV

7: +15 Hit, +10 Crit, +15 Avo, +15 CEV

8: +15 Hit, +15 Crit, +15 Avo, +15 CEV

9: +20 Hit, +15 Crit, +15 Avo, +15 CEV

10: +20 Hit, +15 Crit, +20 Avo, +15 CEV

11: +20 Hit, +15 Crit, +20 Avo, +20 CEV

12+: +20 Hit, +20 Crit, +20 Avo, +20 CEV

I've tested 1-6, 9, and 13. Haven't confirmed the rest, but there's a clear pattern for it to follow, so it seems like a safe assumption.

Edited by Othin

Hm...interesting formula's. Nice to know support bonuses stack from multiple units. I can already see several good strategies to make use of this.

Regarding Othin's spoiler

So Luchina doesn't cause a game over. That's a bit unexpected.

While looking through weapon charts, I noticed that each Falchion can be wielded by Marth. Does anyone think Roy and Leaf will be capable of wielding these swords or not? A bit of last minute speculation on the new DLC units from me if you will.

I'm going to say no due to Falchion being Marth's personal weapon.

Edited by Shun One

Yeah, I think it's just because he's Marth, not because he's DLC.

can you pair sairya and henry? I wanna see if noire gets dark mage that way....and what would replace barbarian.

Edited by Griffen78

Pretty sure Noire always gets dark mage because her mum is one. Kids share the reclass sets of her parents. IIRC.

I assumed that was replaced with their base class though....regardless, I want to know what barbarian would be replaced with, if at all.

can you pair sairya and henry? I wanna see if noire gets dark mage that way....

Does she not get it normally? Saria's options are Dark Mage --> Archer / Knight, so I would assume Noire's base options would be Archer --> Dark Mage / Knight.

I wanted to use Henry, but there was no room for him on my team. I changed my pairings around and decided to go with Viole x Saria. I expect Noire's options to turn out to be Archer --> Dark Mage / Knight / Mage / Dracoknight, and I'll hopefully be able to confirm that for you.

That pairing's only at a C, though, so it'll take a while to get results. Results for your question about the Barbarian class should be easier. Vake and Tiamo are probably going to have an S support after just one or two more maps, so I'll be able to figure out what his Fighter and Barbarian classes turn into with Selena's options.

Edited by Othin

Does she not get it normally? Saria's options are Dark Mage --> Archer / Knight, so I would assume Noire's base options would be Archer --> Dark Mage / Knight.

I wanted to use Henry, but there was no room for him on my team. I changed my pairings around and decided to go with Viole x Saria. I expect Noire's options to turn out to be Archer --> Dark Mage / Knight / Mage / Dracoknight, and I'll hopefully be able to confirm that for you.

That pairing's only at a C, though, so it'll take a while to get results. Results for your question about the Barbarian class should be easier. Vake and Tiamo are probably going to have an S support after just one or two more maps, so I'll be able to figure out what his Fighter and Barbarian classes turn into with Selena's options.

Okay, thank you.

Oh, someone was asking about Valhart, I think. He's an Overlord: basically a Great Knight, but as a single-tier class capable of going up to LV30. He's at LV25 in battle. He has access to swords, lances, and axes, and is counted as both mounted and armored, but he has 8 Move instead of 7 like Great Knights. He also has some unique skill, but I don't know what it does.

I don't think Raimi counts as an antagonist; she seems to be helping you afterward.

Cervantes and Exerai seem to be the ones filling that role. It's my understanding that they both have quite the personalities, although I can't read their dialogue. Exerai even seems to be a second playthrough character, although Cervantes unfortunately does not.

D:

I don't want this game any more

No update on the music then, I take it? Shame, because no one else seems to have uploaded any tracks to YouTube yet.

This is your chance, Othin. You could become a bona-fide Fire Emblem pioneer.

I'll always remember him for having the greatest beard in the series.

Edited by Emperor Hardin

Already have that achievement.

http://serenesforest.net/bs/

...Damn, looks like you wrote the book on that game for English audiences. Mad respect.

Although BS =/= Fire Emblem, so you know, still gotta chart out that new territory.

EDIT: Well, if you can't upload the music, then how about a few more comments? From what I heard, they ebb and flow when you enter/exit battle, and I'm wondering how well this works out in practice. Other things- the type of music that's common (orchestral, rock, mixed, etc.), the composition quality, music variety- would be awesome to know too.

Edited by Geriba