Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

Gonna number these so you don't need half a dozen quote boxes. Yes, that many questions!

1) Are you noting down any information like you did for Berwick, or just taking it easy for now? And do you plan on jumping right to Lunatic after Normal?

2) How does Dual Guard work? I saw it completely negate the attack in a video, but was that an exception or normal?

3) How is evasion? Strong defensive stat like GBA and console games, or a bit less reliable like in the DS games?

4) Are weapon levels difficult to gain? I know you said the low starting level was annoying but are they difficult to level aside from that?

5) Do enemies on Normal have skills?

6) Have you noted any instances of +2 of a stat on level up? And has anyone had a string of "perfect" levels for a single stat or multiple stats, implying 100%ish growth? And I'm guessing you don't have enough to work with to know if classes affect growth rates.

7) What level/class is your Krom and what are its stats? When did you change it and how many times, etc. I'm curious to see the general idea of how much growth there is.

8) Figured out exactly how much AS you need to double yet?

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking over starting stats, I really hope +2s are possible. Sariya and Henry both join in the tens, and their stats are kinda shitty considering caps for non-promoted units are well into the upper 20s. And I don't want have to "reset" each characters level with change seals (I assume they start over at 1 in their starting class if you use change seals, but I dunno).

I wonder. Children seem to have 5 classes available to them depending on their parents. If you pair Liz with Liberia the resulting son Wood would have

Myrmiadon(base), Priest(from both parents), Mage(father) and Dark mage (also father). What would become the 5th proffesion?

Pegasus Knight and Troubadour are Female only and giving Warrior or Berserker instead seems a bit odd.

Edited by Silith

Wouldn't it be 7 classes, assuming no redundancy? Child's default class, 3 from the father and 3 from the mother. I would assume in the event of redundancy that nothing happens other then having a less then optimum number of class sets.

I have more questions ^^'

Does music theme of Serra/L'arachel return in this game?

Who is your favorite character?

Haven't heard that music anywhere.

Favorite characters both in appearance and in gameplay use are still Serge and Tiamo.

Also Lucina, of course.

Gonna number these so you don't need half a dozen quote boxes. Yes, that many questions!

1) Are you noting down any information like you did for Berwick, or just taking it easy for now? And do you plan on jumping right to Lunatic after Normal?

2) How does Dual Guard work? I saw it completely negate the attack in a video, but was that an exception or normal?

3) How is evasion? Strong defensive stat like GBA and console games, or a bit less reliable like in the DS games?

4) Are weapon levels difficult to gain? I know you said the low starting level was annoying but are they difficult to level aside from that?

5) Do enemies on Normal have skills?

6) Have you noted any instances of +2 of a stat on level up? And has anyone had a string of "perfect" levels for a single stat or multiple stats, implying 100%ish growth? And I'm guessing you don't have enough to work with to know if classes affect growth rates.

7) What level/class is your Krom and what are its stats? When did you change it and how many times, etc. I'm curious to see the general idea of how much growth there is.

8) Figured out exactly how much AS you need to double yet?

1) Taking it easy. Vincent seems to be finding most of the data he needs, so I'll just poke around to find anything else as he requests it. That's actually what I did for most of the Berwick Saga database; at least 90% of the info was just translated from Japanese sites and playing the game just cleared up confusion and filled in any blanks. As for difficulty, I intend to play Hard next. Lunatic seems like a bit of a big jump.

2) Always negates the attack entirely.

3) It's a bit of a middle ground, which fits as the actual Evasion bonus from a point of Speed is between the two: 1.5 instead of 1 or 2.

4) Not too much, but you do have to work to bring up secondary weapons. Othin for example is my best unit but still has E swords.

5) No. Inverse and Valhart seem to be special cases and each have some unique skill specific to them, though. Inverse's skill looks like it lets her use dark magic in any class, which is necessary for her to use the tome she has in battle as a Dark Pegasus, but I don't know about Valhart. Either way, those are the only enemies I've seen with skills on this difficulty level. From what I hear, generics don't get skills until Lunatic or Lunatic+.

6) Only seen +2 levels in HP, and only rarely, such as for Berserker Vake. DLC Marth also can gain +2 Luck due to his Good Growths skill. Don't know about 100% growths; I haven't been paying that much close attention to level-ups.

7) LV10 Lord --> LV10 Cavalier --> LV4 Great Knight, as of the end of Ch18.

8) Yeah, it's 5 exactly. I've had many characters succeed in doubling with 5 more Speed than the enemy. Also it's just Speed now, not AS, unfortunately; Wt is still gone.

Looking over starting stats, I really hope +2s are possible. Sariya and Henry both join in the tens, and their stats are kinda shitty considering caps for non-promoted units are well into the upper 20s. And I don't want have to "reset" each characters level with change seals (I assume they start over at 1 in their starting class if you use change seals, but I dunno).

Change Seals essentially add more tiers, but in a sideways, skewed pattern. It's a big part of the game, and I suggest going along with it, even if it's just to do something like Viole: Archer --> Sniper --> Bow Knight. Characters aren't meant to reach those caps on just 40 levels, if they're even meant to make it through the game like that at all.

Just a few questions , did you manage to get the DLC ? and have any spotpass characters appeared yet?

Still haveb't figured out how to use any of it. Anyone have any ideas?

Is it hard to level up the supports?

Not really, especially when you try. For the four pairings I'm currently working on, I've been keeping the characters glued together in Double and fighting alongside each other constantly, and they've been raising their support levels about every two chapters.

Still haveb't figured out how to use any of it. Anyone have any ideas?

When you clear Chapter 4 the dimensional gate opens up (the pink point at the bottom of the map, with Anna).

The options are:

あそぶ (Play any DLC map you have)

追加マップ購入 (Buy and add DLC)

やめる (Exit)

Once you select the second option you need to use the touch controls from that point on.

On the DLC page the available maps will be listed with three buttons at the bottom:

残高の追加 (Add charge to your wallet)

購入/消去 (Buy/Delete)

終了 (Exit)

The SpotPass stuff can be used right away, but you need to enable it first. From the map menu, the middle button on the right is the Communications option.

The Communications page has six options:

マイチーム (My Team) デュアルタッグ (Dual Tag)

配信ボックス (DL Box) マイユニ名鑑 (MyUnit List)

名声ボーナス (Fame Bonus) いつの間に通信 (SpotPass Transmission)

First enable spotpassing with the last option (picking the option again will toggle it on/off). Then check the DL Box, which has five options:

配信チーム (DL Teams)

配信アイテム (DL Items)

配信マップ (DL Maps)

配信デュアル (DL Duals)

データ受信 (Receive Data)

Stuff should get added automatically once you've turned on spotpassing, but to check manually pick the last option.

To get a DL team to spawn pick the first option, which will bring up the teams grouped by game (I only have Seisen teams at the moment) and you can select one to spawn it on the map.

I'm still on my first playthrough, but I've heard that when you start a new game the DL teams get reset, so use them while you can. Fame carries over, and you can get the bonuses again in a new game.

I wish I had a decent camera!

You can spawn them on the map as many times as you want in one playthrough.

When you start a new game, the list gets wiped and you have to collect them all from scratch (you get a new team every 24 hours).

Collect them how?

This is starting to sound bad. :E:

Basically spotpass team lists are save file specific. They just mean "collect" as in get the characters via spotpass like the first time round.

So If I had recieved Sigurd's spotpass team on a save on slot 1, then started a new game on slot 2 the day after I wouldn't have Sigurd's team on the second file. But both save files would get the new team(lets say Levin) for that day, I'd just have to wait until Sigurd is the team of the day again to get him on slot 2.

Edited by arvilino

no one has any ideas about the growth rates yet? pardon my lack of know how about this but, how do we usually find out about that?

Hacking, which is currently impossible due to the 3DS's encryption, or guidebooks, which aren't out yet.

Actually I have another favour. I'm not sure if you're anywhere near this kind of level, but if you get around to it, could you check the Battle Monk and Battle Cleric's caps in comparison to any other class? I have a feeling the current Defence cap for them is wrong, or something's wrong at least.

no one has any ideas about the growth rates yet? pardon my lack of know how about this but, how do we usually find out about that?

usually growth rates were found by hacking the rom (radiant dawn is an exception i think ,they were found in the guidebook)

however 3ds files are encrypted and have not been hacked yet (and by the looks of it ,it'll be some time before they are hacked)

so only way to find out is when the guidebook comes out

EDIT : I was too slow :P

Edited by Velth