mega cringe-worthy gallery

AthenaWyrm

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The collar (scarf?) of her outfit is waaaay too straight. It looks like you put a random stripey rectangle over top of her face and doesn't contour her body at all D: I like the bird a lot but at the moment his little hat is blending into her hat a lot. Nih is right about her hat too, its shaded kind of like armor, I think it could use a few more intricate folds. The hat might be a bit high on her head as well? Hats usually rest just above the ear.

I disagree with the "make the body bigger" statement by the way. The position of the bird makes it seem like her body should be more of a profile angle, but she's currently actually more at a 3/4 view. He appears to be sitting on her collarbone sort of? So IMO either move the bird to the right, or take OPV right shoulder in by a few pixels to turn her body in the right direction. I'd do the second thing since her head facing kind of doesn't match the position of her body right now.

I really appreciate/respect the fact that you're working on such a complex sprite and I hope you can resolve the issues that it has *o*

It's not a scarf, it's like a really big turtleneck... thing.

100123L.jpg

I will get to work on those other things though

Ooooh so it was a collar. Also I thought the little emblem you put on her hat was a part of the bird's hat. Ignore what I said about his cap then u3u Bird y r u wearing a hat

Still think you should do something about how stark the collar is compared to the skin. It doesn't really go together.

Yeaaaaa, I agree, I wasn't retracting what I said about the straightness of the collar, it still should be contouring her neck/curving up her face a bit

Yeah, she doesn't really look like something that would fit in FE. :<

And I will try to make her body a bit bigger. Or her head smaller

edit: Helena-5.png did not want to post again since it's already at the top

Edited by haisaiagaa

The way you have the hair makes the head look too thin and too tall, especially left opv, but I can't tell if it actually is or if the hair just makes it look that way. And on the right opv where the hair goes behind the ear, the separation between the hair that goes forward and the hair that goes back kinda looks off. I can't really be more helpful than that though, its like I see what it is but I'm having trouble describing it to you.

Yeah, she doesn't really look like something that would fit in FE. :<

And I will try to make her body a bit bigger. Or her head smaller

edit: Helena-5.png did not want to post again since it's already at the top

Neck shading is really flat/nonexistent. There's also an unshaded hair strand on her right side.

I'm no spriter, but I think the veil's contact with the hair is visually problematic in an obvious way. The way the veil contacts with the hair creates what is known as a 'tangent', in which the viewer can't resolve whether or not the veil is touching the hair or behind the hair because of the way the lines converge. I think either the bottom part should not be visible, or you should make all the cloth visible all the way down and disappear resting on her shoulder, so you don't have the conflict with the hair's outline. Or thin the hair and have it hang straighter instead of flaring out at the bottom. Anything so that the outline of the veil and the outline of the hair don't combine like they are now. All the problem points I circled.

helena.png