Rate the Unit: Day LIII

Shin

Rules (Borrowed from whomever made them first with modifications)

- Ratings to be assumed from when a unit is first available.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted - incredibly low scores or high scores without proper justification will not be counted. Don't put in some random text thinking it'd count as justification. Put in at least a little thought and give REAL reasoning.

- Numbers for votes, please - not something like "Turban/10", etc.

- Personality / Appearance may be taken into account, but only +/- 1 point at the most.

- Votes out of 10, or something proportional to it, please!

- Make votes easily visible, please and thank you!

- Every ranking phase will end on the next day at approximately 19:00 BST! Take that, Americans!

-Second Generation Note: Assume that Substitutes are done on a Subs-only run. Any "not ________" will not be accepted.

Units and Ranking (Least to Greatest):

First Generation

Diadora: 1.19

Ardan: 1.39

Tiltyu: 2.00

Briggid: 3.71

Claude: 4.42

Azel: 4.63

Jamka: 5.25

Midir: 5.47

Dew: 5.68

Holyn: 5.90

Lachesis: 6.13

Noish: 6.15

Alec: 6.17

Beowulf: 6.40

Aideen: 6.57

Ayra: 6.79

Levin: 7.87

Fin (First Generation): 7.88

Fury: 8.25

Cuan: 8.41

Lex: 8.83

Ethlin: 9.15

Sylvia: 9.50

Sigurd: 9.96

Second Generation

Roddlevan: 3.33

Radney: 3.44

Daisy: 3.65

Johalva: 3.93

Patty: 4.31

Amid: 4.85

Dimna: 4.89

Mana: 4.98

Tinny: 5.00

Tristan: 5.00

Johan: 5.08

Skasaher: 6.00

Janne: 6.29

Lakche: 6.35

Linda: 6.38

Femina: 6.50

Lester: 6.59

Julia: 7.12

Fin: 7.82

Nanna: 8.00

Lana: 8.24

Delmud: 8.45

Shanan: 8.56

Oifaye: 8.58

Arthur: 8.67

Fee: 8.86

Leaf: 9.45

Celice: 9.54

A sub beat their original? Well, I suppose when everyone else stinks, you get brownie points.

Aless

Despite having a girl's name, Alice is no joke. Decent joining time, recruits himself and comes with the Mistletoe - which grants him 10 res and 20 extra crit. He has a pony too! I can only fault him on his lack of 2 range options, but really, that's just being pedantic.

9/10 - Pretty amazing, he requires no babying but lacks Celice's and Leaf's endgame... still good though!

Ares is no joke. Decent joining time, recruits himself and comes with the Mistletoe - which grants him 10 res and 20 extra crit. He has a pony too! I can only fault him on his lack of 2 range options, but really, that's just being pedantic.

9/10 - Pretty amazing, he requires no babying but lacks Celice's and Leaf's endgame... still good though!

there i fixed his name (also this is my rating)

And I am very happy that my plan succeeded.

Edited by Integrity

10/10 arguably the best unit in the second generation especially in ranked runs. Great offensive skills combined with a great Holy weapon, res is also good which is important in the second gen. Has a horse, too good..

He's a completely free, super powerful combat unit that ignores status staffs and he'll be in your 4-character dance cross almost every turn after chapter 7. But, unlike someone like Leaf if you dropped him you could replace him with a different character that's like 70-80% as effective, so...

8.5/10

Death on a horse. Nice bases that allow him to compete from the time you get him, uber natural STR and good DEF/LCK, an excellent holy weapon that provides a respectable RES boost, with some WTD thrown in to boot, and he's the son of Lion King Eltshan. What is there not to like?

9.5/10 + bias = 10/10

Edited by Cosmic_Harold

Has a horse

Has a holy weapon

Doesn't care about mages

Doesn't care about status staves

Fuck yeah

9.5/10 with bias because he's pretty hot

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Yeah he's pretty good. Starts with a holy weapon which is nice. I do agree with saying he doesn't live up to endgame Celice. However, I think he does a better job than endgame Leaf because my Leaf always gets put to sleep. Anyways I digress but I think Aless does his job.

9/10

He's on a horse which is great. He comes with a holy, which is also great. That holy give him resistance, which is very important in G2, and it also give him critical. His stats are all good, with amazing strength due to major Hezul. Plus, unlike Leaf, he doesn't get attacked by the status staffs. Plus, he's Elto's son, making him automatically awesome. Plus he is the hottest playable guy in the series IMO.

Can I give him a 11/10 with a bias for being the hottest guy ever? If not then 10/10

Edited by Bee

Can I give him a 11/10 with a bias for being the hottest guy ever? If not then 10/10

No, I'm afraid I hold that title.

The first time I got him I was like "Really? I can have this? You're going to let me use this? You know I'm going to break your game with this, right?" He's just so ridiculous, almost a perfect unit.

9.5/10

He rides a horse and rapes things. Forever. His Holy Weapon grants no Speed but he doesn't care because he already has Pursuit, plenty of SPD to double (and Mistoltin is as light as a magic sword), 90% STR growth, awesome durability (Mistoltin gives RES, 130% HP and 40% DEF growth), and +20 SKL and baked-in Critical which means that he will be critting constantly in spite of his low SKL growth (and his SKL base is hardly bad). Oh and he also has Ambush and Continue, you know, in case he didn't have enough skills, so he should also be fine using weapons that aren't Mistoltin if for some reason you would ever want to use a weapon that's not Mistoltin.

If Celice is the quarterback and Leaf is the receiver (who teleports the quarterback to his position, look this analogy only works so well), Aless is the lineman plowing through anything that stands between Team Horse and the endthrone. And he can plow like a motherfucker, just ask Leen.

9.5/10

The single best unit in second gen if you don't give any favoritism. That said, he still has flaws, like not coming a chapter and a half earlier and no 2 range, but those are very minor, and if you are showing favoritism, others can be better, but not a whole lot.

9.5/10+bias because he's a badass=10/10

I'm mixed on Aless.

I personally don't him much as a character, yet as a unit, I think he's one of the best in the series. He recruits himself automatically, comes with an invaluable weapon (not only will a capped Skill Aless crit half the time while using it, that high RES really goes far; it's the only easy way to kill the Dark Mages and get the Tyrfing aside from using a flier), and comes mounted. I find it hard to play the game without him.

9.5/10 - no bias.

Edited by Zak defender of...

ALESS!!!

Holy Weapon, great STR, gets Critical plus lots of SKL. He gets RES too so he can actually help Celice out against Alvis and other Dark Mages. Plus he has Ambush and Continue, and he can even use Javelins if he really wants to get something at 2-range. And he gets all this on a mount! And doesn't make you stick people beside each other in Gen. 1!

10/10.

If you could recruit Eltshan, you'd have Aless. He's pretty awesome. The Mistocritblick is awesome and has an auto 20 crit. Plus, he promotes to Paladin, which isn't as broken as its GBA counterparts, but hey. It's FE4. Everything is broken. Especially Aless. He, with Celice, Leaf, and Levin!Arthur, make the Endgame a walk in the park.

9.5/10

If you could recruit Eltshan, you'd have Aless. He's pretty awesome. The Mistocritblick is awesome and has an auto 20 crit. Plus, he promotes to Paladin, which isn't as broken as its GBA counterparts, but hey. It's FE4. Everything is broken. Especially Aless. He, with Celice, Leaf, and Levin!Arthur, make the Endgame a walk in the park.

9.5/10

Paladin is like the best class besides Master Knight and Dancer I GUESS. Fuck, even Celice is for all intents and purposes a Paladin upon promotion.

Edited by Refa

Pretty much the most irreplaceable character of Gen 1. Still not perfect, there are still some moments where a different Holy weapon user will work better. Basically, he's as good as it gets, but that's still not perfect. 9.5/10

Also it's kind of an intangible but, like Shanan, he shows up in subs runs too since he's not a child character, meaning you will always have Rapey McMistoltin riding around fucking everyone up and making your subs look like chumps. Not even effective birth control gets rid of Aless.