Celice's Side Story

Mikey Séregon

Well, since I can't work in my hack because it's on my laptop (Which is under reparation), I decided to work on Side Stories of my hack.

Why I do this?

It's just to show how the characters from all FE were taken of their histories and placed in my main hack, the reasons why are they taken will be showed through the side stories or in the main hack.

The first one is the Celice's one, it's based on the Ch. 6 of FE4.

And, I made this in only three days... that's why this hack it's on english, I just make Copy&Paste of the Serenes Forest Script... don't blame if there's a bug/orthographic mistake or something...

Also, I TOOK THE MUGS FROM THE DEATH PROJECT "FE4A", I apologize for take other's work without permission, but I wanted to finish this in the less time possible... In fact, I'm still waiting the permission of some spriters to use their work in my hack.

Screenshots:

ae2j4i.png

Download:

-link removed-

Credits:

- Credits -

- - Hacking Tools and Misc. Help - -

- Nintenlord -

*Event Assembler

*GBA Graphics Editor

*MAR array inserter

*NUPS

*Some Nightmare modules

- Arch -

*Event Hacking for Dummies

- Xeld/Obviam/Hextator/*Insert his actual nick here* -

*FEditor Adv.

*Nightmare 2.0

- Zahlman -

*Song Editor

- Blazer/Luffy -

*Fire Emblem Music Hacking Tutorial

*All Instruments patch

- Robin Burrows -

*Mappy - Win32 1.4.11

- Camtech -

*FE7 Graphic Pointers

- Icy Guy -

*Color Picker

- - Graphics - -

- Luzan -

*Celice

*Levin

*Skasaher

*Celice's Animation

- Vampire Elf -

*Lakche

*Lana

*Delmud

*Harold

I TOOK HIS/HER MUGS WITHOUT ASK HIM/HER.

- Nayr -

*Harold

I TOOK HIS MUG WITHOUT ASK HIM.

- The Blind Archer -

*Oifaye

- Kai Shiden -

*Lester

- - Script - -

- etellerannet7 -

*Transcripts

- Jay and Boo -

*j2e Renegade Translations

Original script editors:

- Dark Twilkitri -

- Summerwolf -

- Eien Ni Hen -

- Emilyn -

- Ace Noctali -

- - Music - -

- João *Johnnyz* Buaes -

*Sequencer of "Fire Emblem 4 - Chapter 6 Overworld"

- Cross Bone -

*Uploaded "Boss Battle" to VGMusic

- Vince Fontaine -

*Sequencer of "Crisis 1"

- - Special Thanks - -

- Serenes Forest -

- Fire Emblem - Wars of Dragons -

- VGMusic -

- - Disclaimer - -

Any character, scenario and music used in this hack is propiety of Nintendo and Intelligent System.

Enjoy it~

Edited by Charlie

Also, I TOOK THE MUGS FROM THE DEATH PROJECT "FE4A", I apologize for take other's work without permission, but I wanted to finish this in the less time possible... In fact, I'm still waiting the permission of some spriters to use their work in my hack.

Whether or not it's convenient to use them is fucking irrelevant.

- Vampire Elf -

*Lakche

*Lana

*Delmud

*Harold

I TOOK HIS/HER MUGS WITHOUT ASK HIM/HER.

- Nayr -

*Harold

- The Blind Archer -

*Oifaye

- Kai Shiden -

*Lester

Yes! You took their mugs without asking them! You know who they are, you've no excuse for ignorance, so fucking ask beforehand, and your failure to do so now has likely scuppered any chance of GETTING permission from them at all. Good fucking work.

I can tell you one thing; spriters won't be happy to get requests to use their work after you've already taken it.

But, aside from that brewing drama... Could you at least have taken the time to change the battle tiles to nighttime? Import the standard Cleric map sprites, rather than use Serra's with the ordinary Cleric animation? I get that you're just trying to crank this thing out, but these small things really lower the hack's production value.

What's wrong?

Basically using sprites without authorization from the owners is the same as stealing.

So I predict you'll either get a huge infraction or just get banned by the end of the day.

Edited by Nayr

I'm going to lock this thread and remove the download link. Using the work of another without permission is a pretty big no-no, but at least you didn't try to claim the sprites belonged to you... I have to leave for work in about 10 minutes, so another mod is going to have to decide how to deal with this. I would highly recommend removing the sprites you didn't get permission to use.

Basically using sprites without authorization from the owners is the same as stealing.

So I predict you'll either get a huge infraction or just get banned by the end of the day.

It's not the same as stealing at all. The only legal trouble he could get in for this hack is from Nintendo and IS - and everyone involved in an FE hack could technically get in trouble for that. He just went a step further and is using their script.

In any case, you've (oracle) been suspended for a while. When you get back, if you'd still like to continue the project, I'll let you put the download link back up if you get permission to use the mugs that you would like to use. Keep the ones you get permission for, remove the ones you don't, and go from there.

As for the the other people posting in the thread, he made a mistake. He isn't a bad member; he's been here for a long time and this is the first incident he has ever broken any rules in. There is no purpose in mobbing up and insulting him like a bunch of children. What can you do? You should report the incident and leave the thread to people that have the ability to handle the situation. We are going to take a short break now. During this break I will be taking the role of your teacher in my new class "How to Handle Every-day Forum Situations With Poise". Starring a group of posters from this very thread as wonderful examples! Thank you all for participating in my new course.

I can tell you one thing; spriters won't be happy to get requests to use their work after you've already taken it.

But, aside from that brewing drama... Could you at least have taken the time to change the battle tiles to nighttime? Import the standard Cleric map sprites, rather than use Serra's with the ordinary Cleric animation? I get that you're just trying to crank this thing out, but these small things really lower the hack's production value.

Okay, this is a good response to start things out with!

Taking into consideration that this is a project thread, he acknowledged that something wrong had been done and left it at that. He then proceeded to offer constructive criticism and suggestions to the author of the hack! Knowing that silly ol' Archy-poo, he was probably itching to get involved in some drama some how, but used his better judgement to avoid the situation entirely and has earned himself a pat on the head. That's my boy :):.

And now you will kindly remove it and go about finding a replacement.

Another good response! Someone who I wouldn't actually blame for getting offended and saying something a little out of line; a person whose work had been used without permission in the very same thread! Now, I clearly cannot know what he is thinking, he could have been seething at the time! But instead of frothing at the mouth he (somewhat) politely requested that his work be removed and left it at that. High-five!

Not only are you ridiculous for taking art without permission, the quality contrast between the mugs you stole and Luzan's mugs is ridiculous.

Here's another bad example by Se-oh! Well...

This user strayed from the path of mindless insults, offered some constructive criticism on art quality & consistency, and more or less kept from badmouthing anyone! He was a little bit aggressive I suppose, but considering the way he'd have usually responded, he may be the best example yet for one of the other posters I am going to address! Plus we're talking different shades of acceptance here, it would be completely unfair if we demanded you all be mirror images of eachother!

I'm going to lock this thread and remove the download link. Using the work of another without permission is a pretty big no-no, but at least you didn't try to claim the sprites belonged to you... I have to leave for work in about 10 minutes, so another mod is going to have to decide how to deal with this. I would highly recommend removing the sprites you didn't get permission to use.

awww look at this, aren't they so well-mannered?! I am so proud of you guys :tangerinesadness:.

Whether or not it's convenient to use them is fucking irrelevant.

Yes! You took their mugs without asking them! You know who they are, you've no excuse for ignorance, so fucking ask beforehand, and your failure to do so now has likely scuppered any chance of GETTING permission from them at all. Good fucking work.

Can anyone point out what this user did right? Anyone?

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

It was a trick question. Don't worry, I'm not going to fail you.

Contrary to popular belief among children, teenagers and (sometimes) young adults, it is not "cool" for your mouth to resemble a bathroom stall at taco bell! Furryman is a good boy, he is just a little misguided in his ways. If he were not a good boy we would not be friends! But that's not the point right now, because as far as this class is concerned, he is one of the bad examples!

First of all, this post contributes absolutely nothing to the thread! Not only is it a completely unwarranted attack on a user who did little more than make a mistake that could be easily corrected when handled properly, but he decided that it was his responsibility to take the situation into his own hands as someone who neither has authority on our forum OR any material of his own to request be removed! In his defense (while a weak one), he was probably emotionally involved because some of the work being used is that of his friends'. It's still no excuse for this kind of behavior, however!

I have nothing to say about the spriters' willingness to help this user afterwards. I would hope that, should he come back and display some remorse, express his desire to use some of their work in a respectful way, and apologize for being hasty, that they would be mature enough to at least forget about what happened and consider the request. But hey, I'm a dreamer.

Basically, you just declared yourself as a fucking art thief to the whole of SF.

Good job, asshole.

JB whyyyy.

This one is one of the trickier responses! You see, JB was the only one who actually made the right call in reporting the issue to our staff. But he also made a post that would only serve to exaggerate the severity of the situation! He clearly displayed proper judgement in realizing that nothing significant was going to happen unless he got the proper people involved, but he completely marred that fact by losing his cool and hurling insults at the author. This raises the question "Did he report them only because he had been angered by the user, or because he genuinely felt that was the only way to reasonably resolve it?". I think it's a little bit of both.

--------

That is the end of my mini-course! Let's run down a list of things to do when you find yourself in a situation like this again.

- If you feel there is legitimately something wrong with a post or thread, contact a staff member and let them know what you think! They will either bring it to the rest of the staff's attention, or handle it themselves if they feel as though it is a simple enough situation.

- In the event that you choose to respond, make sure it is not some emotional tirade that will do nothing but lower the communities' collective opinion of you! Respond in a way that shows you have, in some way, matured in your years on this planet. Respond in a way that is relevant to the thread and constructive for the users involved! Even if you're dealing with someone who appears to not be following these simple rules of etiquette; would you rather look like a swank fellow/classy lady being compared to a blabbering buffoon, or two monkies going at it over a slice of fruit?

- Alternatively, if you are unable to do the above, don't respond! You can display maturity in a situation in ways that aren't visible to the public: you may simply choose to not get involved at all!

- Report the post! If there is an offending post that you have come across, or a breach of our Code of Conduct, send a report over our way and leave it at that! If we determine it is against the rules, it will be dealt with without most people ever knowing what happened. Why contribute to the drama of a situation when you can take part in ending it properly? That sounds like the best result for everyone to me :t:.

Let's be real here. We've all gotten involved in some situations we regret getting into. Not everyone is drama-free! I am certainly not innocent myself! All you have to do is recognize that you have done something a tad bit immature and work on it from there :):.

Until next time, take care of yourselves and each other.

Edited by Tangerine