Post why you like/dislike FE6

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you asked this question in 04 you would of gotten nearly all positive feedback. Anyway...

I never did a play through with the English patch, but I did read the script and from what I can say the story is average and the characters, well... character, is lame for most of them. I think the sound track was rather nice and the difficulty was decent. Overall, not one of my favorites, but I didn't dislike it.

As for the 3/4 units being garbage, FE7 was the first to change that (I guess FE4 is debatable), perhaps I got used to it, as all the newer ones every unit is usable (Some more then others of course).

I quite like FE6's music.

I'm quite alone in this regard methinks.

Your right FE6's music is pretty epic.

Also, WHO SAYS METHINKS?

FE6 kind of sucks. I hate the Hit rates, for one thing.

Not to mention fail RNG. Like Thracia.

Feels like a downgrade after Thracia 776. The whole storyline is basically copied straight out of FE3's Book 2, as well. The instrument samples are really low-quality, ugly portraits, etc.

Yeah.

The game designers first developed this game before the prequel. Which is understandable. Hardin can be forgiven as he was only tricked while Zephiel went insane.

this game has some pretty scary enemies but it's not over-the-top

i definitely enjoyed 0%'ing this one the most because of the general difficulty and the challenging map objective.

haters gonna hate (also the boss battle theme is epic but that's only because roy double crits bosses in like every single one of beamcrash's videos)

Not to mention fail RNG. Like Thracia.

what the fuck, we've told you already that FE6 uses the 2 RN hit rate system

Edited by dondon151

I like FE6 but its my least liked of the GBA Fire Emblem games. I like that any weapon can cap at S, it has a lot of characters and some maps were cool. I don't like the overdone seize map goals, Roy's promotion is too late so he's useless, and the story is bland and forgetable.

Edited by Queen_Emelina

I like FE6 but its my least liked of the GBA Fire Emblem games. I like that any weapon can cap at S, it has a lot of characters and some maps were cool. I don't like the overdone seize map goals, Roy's promotion is too late so he's useless, and the story is bland and forgetable.

The story is pretty bland, but you have to admit, IDOUN IS AWESOME!

EDIT: Wait, Idoun fails its just her music that's AWESOME

Edited by Nihil

FE6, the game where IS looked at Alan, Marcus and Wolt and thought them all balanced.

33% of FE6 music is epic. Another third is shit, and the rest is shit versions of FE7 music, but that doesn't diminish the first part being awesome (yes I'm pulling these numbers out of my ass but they're about equal in number)

FE6 kind of sucks. I hate the Hit rates, for one thing.

Yeah, I agree with you. Even I use iron weapon or I attack the boss with someone who has good stat (skill, speed, and luck), it still miss. And for some reason, I hate enemy mage and shaman in this game.

But I like the music. I like the backsound when we attack the three general and when to fight Idoun. But, still epic FE7 music.

Edited by whitewings ilia

I actually really like FE6 cause the maps are big and i like doing low level runs of the game, too.

Well, the first one anyways, I haven't tried any low level runs of it.

Also it has gooood music.

what the fuck, we've told you already that FE6 uses the 2 RN hit rate system

There's a lot of ways to interpret this and you never know with Ayanami but she could mean:

- the fact that people miss a lot, in which case she's dumb cause that's the fault of low weapon hit and high avo

- the rumor/fact (?) that you can hit at 0% or miss at 100% which I want to say is just a rumor

- the rumor that it uses 1 RN, which is lol

- the rumor that crit is rolled before hit, which is lol

Gel. Never again.

Otherwise it feels a little clunky, and the game throws mediocre units at you by the bucket-full. Balance is pretty off too!

- the rumor/fact (?) that you can hit at 0% or miss at 100% which I want to say is just a rumor

the latter is possible but it requires 2 consecutive 100s in the RN string iirc

- the rumor that crit is rolled before hit, which is lol

that wasn't true in FE5 either

The RN set goes from 00 to 99, but 100 missing is possible in FE6 due to rounding errors in the algorithm or something.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

The RN set goes from 00 to 99, but 100 missing is possible in FE6 due to rounding errors in the algorithm or something.

it's because a hit is a success if the average of 2 consecutive RNs is strictly less than the displayed hit rate, but a rounding error in RN generation allows for values of 100 to be generated, and because 100 is not less than 100, then 100 hit can miss.

staves use a single RN and there's a 100 somewhat early in the RN string when you restart a chapter from a chapter save, so you can probably try this out at some point

Man how old is this game again

The ways I know to generate RNs would not have this issue, I wonder what they wrote that would cause that...

Kinda want to see their source code now, oh well, I'll have learned some basic asm by next semester...

The ways I know to generate RNs would not have this issue, I wonder what they wrote that would cause that...

ask toothache or nitrodon

but basically, if you generate an RN that is a power of 2 minus 1, and your desired RN range is 0-99, then you're going to divide your RN by a constant. it's just that in FE6, the divisor wasn't large enough to make all of the RNs fall within the range of 0-99.