Rate the Unit, Day 30: Samto

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 1 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. Every ranking phase starts from 2200 EST to 2300 EST. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- Rate the character based on his/her performance without the Rainbow Potion, Maturity Drop or Bond Drop

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Yubello: 1.52

Norne: 2.28

Rickard: 2.72

Wrys: 3.00

Bord: 3.25

Matthis: 3.60

Cord: 3.83

Warren: 4.35

Castor: 5.62

Linde: 6.27

Gordin: 6.33

Arran: 6.62

Frey: 6.87

Cecil: 7.21

Ryan: 7.71

Barst: 7.87

Julian: 7.95

Draug: 8.14

: 8.15

Yumina: 8.20

Rody: 8.43

Luke: 8.56

Marth: 8.70

Ogma: 9.00

Sirius: 9.31

Malliesia: 9.50

Catria: 9.73

Palla: 9.86

My Unit: 9.99

Samto is just Samto... He tries to live with Navarre fame.

Samto has some nice growths, 40% Hp and 40% Spd as a base, has C in swords so he can go to cavalier and still hold that rank.

Samto has his down too, He losses to Ogma in everything except in 10% Spd growth, Comparing him to Nabarl is a joke, and to make it worse even Radd beats him in growth department.

He is not beating anyone in weapon level deaprtment... he beats Radd in Bases!... anything else to be said he is Lacking.

His contribution is limited by a Killer edge to the party and a Starshard... and he might even suicide! Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

He is a very mediocre unit and some units might do his job better, he is likely close to promotion but not enough.

So that is a 5 then I add a +1 of Full bias because I liked him >.>... so 6/10 in my eyes

Samto is a horrible unit, a piece of shit. Navarre has much better growths even if he comes a chapter later(lol6x). I don't understand why Norne got such low ratings, considering she can be a pretty good falcoknight. This guy? Not worth it one bit.

1.5/10

Oh blah. Here comes the parade of C-rank sword units the game throws at us one after another.

Here, I'll do everyone a favor and list the personal bases/growths together.

Samto
Lv HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
5  6   3   0   1   0   3   3   0
5 40  20   0  10  40  30  15   5
-------------------------------------------------------------
Caesar
7  8   4   0   3   2   6   3   0
7 40  30  10  20  35  30  15  10
Radd
5  6   2   0   1   2   1   1   0
5 40  40   0  25  35  50  15  10
Navarre
8  7   6   0   7   5   7   4   0
8 50  35   0  30  40  70  15  10
Cain
9  9   6   0   7   4   4   4   0
9 50  25   0  45  60  70  20  10

Navarre and Cain seem to be the only ones worth considering.

Samto is well... bad. Unimpressive strength and speed do not make a good offensive combo.

2/10

Norne worse than rickard...Facepalm_emote_gif.gif. What is this? On topic, Samto is shit. He's like, all HP and Spd and nothing else. Its cool that he doesnt cost turns to recruit and he brings a killing edge, you also have to recruit/kill him to get the shard but thats about it...2/10

Samto's speed is crap. 0 base? Bleh. I mean, 40 base growth ain't bad, but not when you start the race tripping over your own shoelaces.

• 4 years later...

I love him as a character, but he's a really shitty unit and no one should use him, you get radd next chapter and i believe you get navarre the chapter after that, so he's absolutely pointless, some of the worst growths in the game, with subpar base stats.