Best class for My Unit Female: Lunatic Mode

He's not saying it's required though. He says, quote...

The Lunatic Reverse run is more of a speedrun and turn counts are significantly less than my original Lunatic run. Reload for SPD growths which should have a 45% chance to proc.

...and...

I suggest retrying the first 2 prologue chapters until My Unit gets some good level up stat procs, since it takes less than a minute to go through each prologue. The extra stats are worth it in the long run. it's a fast, efficient way to get My Unit on his/her path to uberness.

He only recommends rigging for those who intend to follow his "turn-by-turn" strategies. I'm assuming it's like his Advance Wars guides, where he give a general strategy for those who want to figure it out themselves, and then a turn-by-turn strategy for those who don't want to figure it out themselves.

And besides, I think reloading and resetting can be overlooked if it doesn't take hardly any time at all. After all, that's part of a popular strategy for beating the 3rd boss in Shadow Dragon on H5, right?

Edited by FionordeQuester

The save points are there for a reason, I think. Might as well use them to give somebody a chance to proc speed or something. Having Ogma crit the SD boss with the Killing Edge is also way less likely to occur than a speed proc off a 45% growth. Hardly something I'd call 'RNG rigging'.

Well, I think they're saying that him getting a speed point every time is rigging...which may be techincally true, but I don't think it really matters as long as it's not something that costs a significant amount of time.

It's apparently okay when everybody does it to MJEmirzian, though.

Actually the reason why people criticize mjemirzian is because he bashes other people's playthroughs and can't take a joke, not just because they can.

Also lol at FionordeQuester whiteknighting mj.

Edited by Dark Sage

If the strategies that I did barely cost My Unit to gain any Speed except 3 points that are somewhat necessary for later, then it still costs more time.

My Unit couldn't even come close to doing some of his strategies that he had merely because I didn't rig Spd points. In fact, his My Unit would need 6 procs of Spd to do what he had to do, and I can (nearly) assure you that My Unit is leveling up during the first turn.

There is a minor difference with Ogma crit and roughly what mjemerzian was doing. Ogma crit assumes that you used the specific savespot right before Hyman and Ogma proceeds to attack Hyman. In theory, you actually have two chances I think (Enemy Phase + Player Phase) and only one crit is really "necessary". In the MU scenario, some of the level ups are done halfway, or even completely, through the chapter.

But Dark Sage highlights why he obtains criticism. It goes back to how he couldn't take a joke, and now we play armchair psychiatrist for the hell of it. It's quite entertaining, really.

Edited by Colonel M

Did you lose time because of having a less capable My Unit? Even if your answer is a yes, I still think it not wasting much time validates it as a strategy.

I mean, it's like how HCBailly keeps grinding in his current LP of Dragon Warrior IV...

http://www.youtube.com/user/HCBailly?ob=0

...despite the fact that he could do pretty much everything he's done so far in that LP at WAY lower levels than what he's done so far. Seriously, you do NOT need to be Level 6 to kill Master Kung and his two Foo Dogs in Chapter 2, or even Level 3 for that matter. You do NOT need to be Level 11 and have all of the best gear to defeat Balzack in Chapter 4.

HCBailly even mentions it not being necessary to grind as high as he did in Chapter 2, but he says he wanted to make the game a bit easier. So, whether or not it's slightly less efficient than what you're doing is sort of irrelevant in my opinion.

Guys, let's try to stay on topic.

Should we settle this in a chat room then?

Edited by FionordeQuester

It's funny how we focus on ways of saving time while playing a game when the act of playing in itself is killing the spare time you do have. We think of turns, speedrunning, while the average player will think of maximum power, reliability and security (hence all the love for armour knights no matter the game). We'll replace Matthew with Chest Keys so that our Cavalry can open the chests for a faster seize (whether we can kill the boss on time with unreliable hit rates is another question), others will bench Cavaliers because "Guy doubles more" and use thieves whenever possible to conserve resources (even in games where Marth can open chests for free, leaving no need for a thief deployment).

Paperblade's run sucks, imo. Or what I've seen of it. All it proves is that you can still operate with a LTC mindset if your MU is way below par. I think I'll upload a playthrough of both Lunatic (without both class sets totally unlocked for males) and Reverse difficulties in the near future with a MU that's actually worth something.

Two things:

I don't play for LTC unless I am in a draft. If my playthrough could be considered the standard for anything LTC it's only because I felt that sticking around in the chapter was way too much effort compared to going through quickly (I think just the last 3 chapters fell under this but there might be others). I'm pretty sure in most chapters I stuck around and fought reinforcements that most LTC playthroughs ignore.

It was a completely blind run. Check the dates my videos were published and the date FE12 came out in Japan. We had almost no information on anything so I basically just used units because they were good in the original. This includes most MU choices (except class but I randomized that anyway because why the fuck not).

For all I know, save states and other TAS shit came into play with his run because enemy phases are left out, recording is sped up/lacking audio, and so forth.

lmao

edit: I am pretty sure the best Female MU for Lunatic is Myrmidon. idk about Reverse

Edited by Paperblade

^I'd imagine for female MU Mage probably is the best option for Lunatic'. Since you get an Elfire Tome during the prologue, she's a better option for Nosferatu than Linde(who could still use Aura for a couple chapters).

And if you take the online shop into account maybe even better than Knight!MU or Fighter!MU, since you can get up to 3 extra Nosferatu tomes.

• 2 weeks later...
Paperblade's run sucks, imo. Or what I've seen of it. All it proves is that you can still operate with a LTC mindset if your MU is way below par. I think I'll upload a playthrough of both Lunatic (without both class sets totally unlocked for males) and Reverse difficulties in the near future with a MU that's actually worth something.
Yeah, way to go showing everyone what FE elitists behave like. You're supposed to keep that kind of talk to your private chat channels where you can talk all the absurd, illogical trash you like, remember?

There's more of that extremely selfish logic I see on video game forums all the time. People using factual adjectives like "actually", "truly", "really" to describe opinions, usually their own opinions, of course. In this case, he's applying a factual adjective "actually" to the word "worth", to imply that there can be "true" and "false" worth, which can't be true since whether something has "worth" is an opinion based on a particular viewpoint. Pretending that opinions (especially your own) are facts and pretending you can read someone's mind and declare their thoughts or motivations is very common on video game forums, especially from elitists who try to impose their way of playing a game on everyone else. Also slightly less common are posters like dondon who will use words inappropriately and not in line with common dictionary terms, usually to cover up bad behavior, then pretend that their particular definition of a word is a fact that everyone else must follow.

In summary, your opinion is not a fact, you can't read people's minds, and acting like an ass to someone because they played a game in a way you don't like is not ok. Oh, and stop making false accusations.. those are a dime a dozen around here, sadly.

That's my point. . .if you're requiring a certain set of non-item stat gains to make your strategy work, it's not a solid one IMO.

Which ignores the other conditions of my run that make it more difficult overall. It only affects the prologue for the most part, because as soon as you're out you can start feeding in store boosts to MU and make him godlike more or less immediately.

Actually the reason why people criticize mjemirzian is because he bashes other people's playthroughs and can't take a joke, not just because they can.

Also lol at FionordeQuester whiteknighting mj.

Go back to 4chan, troll.

If the strategies that I did barely cost My Unit to gain any Speed except 3 points that are somewhat necessary for later, then it still costs more time.

My Unit couldn't even come close to doing some of his strategies that he had merely because I didn't rig Spd points. In fact, his My Unit would need 6 procs of Spd to do what he had to do, and I can (nearly) assure you that My Unit is leveling up during the first turn.

There is a minor difference with Ogma crit and roughly what mjemerzian was doing. Ogma crit assumes that you used the specific savespot right before Hyman and Ogma proceeds to attack Hyman. In theory, you actually have two chances I think (Enemy Phase + Player Phase) and only one crit is really "necessary". In the MU scenario, some of the level ups are done halfway, or even completely, through the chapter.

But Dark Sage highlights why he obtains criticism. It goes back to how he couldn't take a joke, and now we play armchair psychiatrist for the hell of it. It's quite entertaining, really.

Normal people don't consider the mocking and bitter, elitists jibes among elitsts here as "jokes".

As soon as MU got out of Lunatic' prologue I fed him speed growths. I'm not sure at what point you're referring to that I expected him to have 6 speed procs, though. That sounds a bit too many than what I suggested. And the reloading I did was during the first few prologues that don't have a save point, but only take a minute or less to complete.

Edited by mjemirzian

Which ignores the other conditions of my run that make it more difficult overall. It only affects the prologue for the most part, because as soon as you're out you can start feeding in store boosts to MU and make him godlike more or less immediately.

Okay, so what happens if you don't get those precious Speed levels in the beginning?

• 9 years later...

I know it has been 9 years ever since this game came out, but I need to make a few pointers on the myrm build for the female MU.

I've tried various kinds of builds and found that only orphan (+2 str) with kindness (+1 def; 5% growth doesn't matter) and truth-seeking (+30% hp) helped me get through the prologue.  The other builds was not able to get past Jaegan...

However, it is important that you get good level-ups (str/speed) during the prologue because you are designated thief-killer in assassination.  Your other units (assuming you get Ogma, Athena, and Cain) are mainly used for tanking.

Maybe I suck at this game, but this is based on my playthrough.