Rate the Units, FE9 Edition: Endgame

Dat Rules (stolen/borrowed from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode+Fixed Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings the sonic sword" or any other justification as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Rating a unit too low because you think its overrated will make me throw away your vote without mercy public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Ena: .40

Naesala: .70

Rolf: 1.15

Nasir: 1.48

Tibarn: 1.50

Giffca: 1.61

Sothe: 2.03

Lucia: 2.23

Brom: 2.32

Bastian: 2.49

Tauroneo: 2.85

Shinon: 3.00

Largo: 3.11

Janaff: 3.32

Ulki: 3.59

Elincia: 3.75

Ranulf: 3.93

Devdan: 4.11

Volke : 4.82

Ilyana: 4.98

Soren: 5.15

Geoffrey: 5.27

Rhys: 5.31

Gatrie: 5.46

Mia: 5.71

Muarim: 6.19

Mist: 6.41

Mordecai: 6.55

Makalov: 6.59

Tormod: 6.62

Zihark: 6.65

Haar: 6.73

Lethe: 6.75

Nephenee: 6.79

Callil: 7.21

Stefan: 7.40

Astrid: 7.76

Boyd: 8.29

Ike: 8.57

Tanith: 9.08

Oscar: 9.08

Kieran: 9.23

Jill: 9.31

Marcia: 9.36

Reyson: 9.79

Titania: 9.91

Trial Map Characters

Complaints, arguments, etc. go in here. Congrats to PKL for beginning this and Boron/Jihyun/Folgore Yellow and Elieson for making a few threads when he wasn't here.

Anyway, have at it.

Edited by Folgore Orange

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Stefan ahead of Zihark? Basically the same stats later on, but Zihark comes first, and it's not too hard to train him (Laguzslayer on the boat, kills the Toha Vigilantes, Longsword on the boss of his join level)

P.S. We've covered all GBA games, FE4, and now FE9. How many Rate the units are left?

Zihark requires a lot of effort to catch Stefan. Stefan is wreckin' shit from the get go, but loses steam as the game progresses. 23 STR cap is pretty bad. That and I'm fairly certain Lethe is killing the Toha idiots and Zihark's too fragile to take on more than one Raven at once (lol Zihark killing Mackoya).

Edited by Epic Fail

Zihark requires a lot of effort to catch Stefan. Stefan is wreckin' shit from the get go, but loses steam as the game progresses. 23 STR cap is pretty bad. That and I'm fairly certain Lethe is killing the Toha idiots and Zihark's too fragile to take on more than one Raven at once (lol Zihark killing Mackoya).

Yeah, I guess, but I don't like a 6.5 for Zihark too much, not even mentioning Stefan.

I made the Mordecai and Lethe threads. What am I, dirt?

Yes.

Ah, I'm sorry, Elie...I gotta credit you as well!

Are you going to do RTU threads for the unlockable Trial Map units (since it was done for FE8)?

Eh, why not? Might as well do it as a bonus.

Will you be continuing with the Radiant Dawn one next, which I believe reached Naliah?

I would, but I've never played FE10. Sorry.

Why is Stefan ahead of Zihark? Basically the same stats later on, but Zihark comes first, and it's not too hard to train him (Laguzslayer on the boat, kills the Toha Vigilantes, Longsword on the boss of his join level)

The BEXP you get from not killing the vigilantes >>>> the CEXP from killing them

it's really easy to keep them alive, too

Aside from the part where it's better to spare the vigilantes (because that one's already covered), you won't have a Longsword for chapter 11 (and the Longsword sucks anyhow).

Mini-rant time. Why is Titania rated higher than everyone? I am not going to insult anybody, since I am not that kind of person, but why?

She is okay in some aspects, being a crutch. Even so, if she's raised to level 20 (i am saying her MAX level, with base stats like 12 Str, and 11 Def), while decent on Speed and Skill, other stats average out on around 21 Str, 18 Def, and 15 res, which range from passable, to bleh. She isn't even going to gain exp significantly for a long while, and if you raise her earlier, she hogs it from everyone else. Later, she's a *insert synonym for female dog here* to raise. Why is she rated as the best unit in the game, and almost PERFECTLY RATED? Sure, being a Paladin is cool, but she is NOT perfect. I am just stating the facts, and just so confused, I don't think anyone can change my opinion of that rating being a little over-exaggerated.

dondon and i believe marcia/jill > titania, but thats only because she becomes significantly less useful when the two are recruited

i agree that titania isn't perfect because she does miss a lot of ORKOs in the second half of the game for random reasons, though

Yep. Though Albin0's sort of in charge of it now, if he's still working on it. I was just going to wait to see if you were doing the trial map characters before asking about it again.