Rate the Units, FE9 Edition: Endgame

Please don't add anymore fuel to the fire. This entire thing has just gotten ridiculous.

EDIT: Boron, I got this...I think.

Okay, I'll stand down. In fact, comments like the one Snowy just said were the reason why I avoided the thread to begin with.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well see the thing is Snowy is assuming that we're dragging Rhys and Ilyfuckingana on the field with Mia all the time. Nevermind that it costs me 3 mounted units that I could've deployed instead. Why I copped this argument? Because another combat unit can suddenly replace Reyson.

add to this

- rhys is almost never promoted in any efficient playthrough of this game because healing is that useless for the most part

- rhys never promotes and ilyana has a hard time reaching promotion short of a BEXP dump (Which does nothing for your team but reduce BEXP flexibility)

ie, they'll always have 2 less move than mia at all times.

you know what this means?

2 turns is all you need for this fire support to go away

add to this; even if both of them were promoted with magic, we have 3 turns until we lose support boosts. that's hardly a good amount of consistent support boost, adding to the fact that her durability sucks and her ability to ORKO is in the pit

mia doesn't suck, but she doesn't do anything special or unique. sonic sword mia is a very terrible niche; 20/10 Ike has as much magic, roughly, as 20/10 mia without any stat boosters on either side, and you have better 1-2 range options than the sonic sword like a forged javelin

nephenee with wrath/vantage/half HP is a much more viable version of what you are suggesting (65% chance, roughly, of ORKOing a lot of things is not bad at all for pure enemy phase combat)

in short, snowy, you have absolutely no right to be condescending over this shit because you're quite clearly a ways off of this "logic and costs" thing

bottlegnomes isnt dumb either, he may have pissed me off with my questionable tormod rating but that is nothing to call him stupid; my standards for the rating were weird as shit to begin with (but i guarantee you they are not unfounded)

Edited by Lord Raven

^Yeah, I probably did take that too far. I know it's probably late, but sorry about that.

She's got ... you're stupid.

First off, if I'm on ignore, why are you responding to me? Second, what about that was necessary? I didn't say anything condescending or antagonistic towards you. I simply said that Mia being the best wrath candidate was debatable. I never even said she wasn't. Just that it ist as clear cut as you portray it. Largo also has two range and can avoid counters on player phase with wrath, not that that's very necessary. News flash, Mia's still taking counters since she's not OHKOing even with crits. Third, I never said Tanith was better with wrath. All I said was she makes better use of the SS. So next time, don't put words in my mouth and think before you speak especially when you're the one who was too fucking stupid to see the facts that were in front of him, as we saw in the whole Haar debate. Now get off your fucking pedistal and get your dick out of your own mouth. You're not always right, again, as we've seen, so stop acting like it and stop acting like everyone who disagrees with you is treating you like shit. Even if we are, you bring it on yourself with comments like this and your refusal to accept simple arguments, especially when you have no counter argument. Instead you just throw a tantrum and say we're victimizing you. My suggesting is to growth fuck up and try to have some of the respect for others you demand for yourself.

To the mods, sorry about that, and if you want to warn me, go ahead, just please don't delete the whole post, at least leave the first part to raven, if you can.

Also, sorry, Orange, just needed to say something about that. I'm done now.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Snowy, you are not the bastion of intelligence nor is everyone who disagrees with you stupid. Say something like that to someone else, and I WILL report you and have this stupid thread closed.

If you are going to report me for rating the units according to my own, personal, values and not according to the standards of the tier lists and then standing up for my ratings, than also report the person who started this fight as well. I consider that to be Lord Raven with this post to be the spark that started this fight.

Snowy.

Apologize to bottlegnomes. Optionally, apologize to Boron.

Please. That's the only way I can see this improving.

If you are going to report me for rating the units according to my own, personal, values and not according to the standards of the tier lists and then standing up for my ratings, than also report the person who started this fight as well. I consider that to be Lord Raven with this post to be the spark that started this fight.

If I'm reporting anything, it is for that last condescending post you made, telling another poster that they are stupid in the tone and matter you did. At that point, you made a personal attack that was unnecessary in debating about your points and arguments. I really couldn't care less what your own personal values are. What I do care is why you're so upset about the order of the characters in the RTU. Like I said, what are we going to use the results of the RTU for? A new tier list? Are the winners going to be declared, "best FE9 characters ever, no questions asked"? THERE. IS. NO. POINT. IN. GETTING. WORKED. UP. Instead, you're lashing out and offending everyone.

No one cares if you like to use Sonic Sword Mia and don't like using Reyson and Titania. You seem to be complaining that the rest of us are "victimizing" you because you don't agree with us. But to some of the other people here, it feels like you're trying to shove your own personal value of the characters down everyone else's throats.

Everyone, seriously, just stop talking to Snowy. This is ridiculous, and it's sad how this thread JUST. WON'T. DIE. Just stop, all of you. Please.

I'm sorry for calling you stupid bottlegnomes. I was and still am furious at you and this topic in general for trying to force tier list ideals on my personal ratings, but what I did was uncalled for.

Also, Orange, you still not mind if I gank those scores?

Nah, go ahead.

Sorry for this huge flame war, mods. Didn't expect it to get out of hand...

First of all, reading through a thread composed mostly of recycled material from a tier list is boring.

There has to be some sort of a standard.

Which should probably be explicitly stated in the rules/opening posts and enforced. If there is one. Otherwise there's really not much of a point in bickering over votes just because they're not LTC

what are we going to use the results of the RTU for? A new tier list? Are the winners going to be declared, "best FE9 characters ever, no questions asked"? THERE. IS. NO. POINT. IN. GETTING. WORKED. UP

... These polls are that trivial and people actually get worked up and bicker over them? Now that's just childish. Most of you need to learn when and how to drop out of an infinite loop.

Might as well close this since there appears to be a few requests.

Edited by Sirius