Mystery of Paris.

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paris is a city in France

mystery solved

Oh come on that's like absurd, there's no way that makes any sense.

He's probably Paris from The Iliad. So, he'll be a sniper or something.

With a shield and a cape.

Well that's from Fe4 and 5 were every knight had armor. And if you think about moving from Fe4 Mage Knight to Fe8 Mage Knight the lose almost all their armor.

Barons and Emperors were "Armored" classes though, like Armor Knights/Generals. (By all means Barons and Emperors are tier 3/4 respectively of that line)

It's not a case of "Oh look, lots of armor on that guy, but later the same class isn't as armored", this dude is clearly not as heavily armored as a Baron or Emperor who'd essentially be as armored as a General.

I heard that Ike's beta name was Paris like someone said before. I don't think that this person would be Ike but probably a Lord character from a future game (perhaps traveled through the Other-World Gate), a hero from the past who was previously unnamed, or maybe he is Ike or one of his ancestors or descendants.

A hero class would fit Ike well enough since he used axes and swords in Radiant Dawn. If Paris were Ike, Ike's ancestor, or Ike's descendant then that would perhaps explain why the sprite looks like a hero class with a cape.

The class might be a unique class though that can only use swords which would fit the picture of a past hero better in my opinion.

Seeing as Paris was the beta name for the protagonist that ended up being Ike, I think it's quite possible that Path of Radiance started out with a different story and setting when it was in it's early development and later turned into the story that is the current Path of Radiance. If this is true then I think that Paris is a completely different character than Ike and was set aside for use in a later game.

Whichever way, the unveiling of his portrait, sprite, and class will be something to look forward to.

Well, though Paris was the name, several of the characters remained the same, and Dain was still the antagonist in the screenshots (I believe). Ragz units still existed--so it seems the frame was pretty established by that point. It's just smaller alterations along the way that change, like Ike's name. Maybe the connotations of Paris just didn't fit anymore for where that character was heading?

nmca5.jpg

Are there actually any other pictures which use 'Paris' as the name? This is the only one I've known of.

Edited by Celice

The Paris screenshot seems to be from a very early build of FE9, possibly earlier than the ones most people are familiar with (where it shows Ike and some of the Greil's Mercenaries + Lethe on this town-like map).

For instance, the enemy in the screenshot isn't a Daein soldier, but a Deros soldier. However, the prototype map doesn't even feature a place named Deros (presumably Deros became Daein). The numbers in the screenshot also suggest we're looking at a mock up, what with the numbers being near-identical and a hit rate of 12 for both characters is almost impossible to get normally.

I'm sorry, could we see a picture of this "Paris" fellow? I've looked all over the site and I can't find anything that even mentions Paris :(

I'm assuming you mean FE13 Paris? If so, here. There isn't anything known about them except their name appears in the credits (as a voiced character) and a mystery character appears in MU and (I think) female Mark's support library, which hints at them (Paris?) being a SpotPass gaiden recruitable character.

Edited by VincentASM

I'm assuming you mean FE13 Paris? If so, here. There isn't anything known about them except their name appears in the credits (as a voiced character) and a mystery character appears in MU and (I think) female Mark's support library, which hints at them (Paris?) being a SpotPass gaiden recruitable character.

Paris appears in MU's ingame support list and Support Library list regardless of gender. He also appears in male Mark's Support Library, but not his ingame support list. This indicates Paris is available as a potential father for male Mark, as he would be available as a support only as Mark's father, and therefore not show up on the ingame list otherwise. The Support Library shows all possibilities, though: other potential fathers get the same treatment if MU didn't pair with them.

In other words, the exact same support presence as the other three male characters that join in SpotPass sidequests.

Edited by Othin

Well Ike is pretty popular....

It'd be awesome if he stumbled across a Time Gate after leaving Tellius, and since the sprite's silhouette looks like a Hero with a cape, there's at least a little evidence. Also, we know he's a free agent and therefore viable to marry the female MU (thus proving once and for all that his relationship with Soren was only ever brotherly). Yeah. I'd like it if Paris turned out to be Ike, but of course none of us can be certain until he's released for download...

I only hope that Soren is on the FE9 Spotpass list so he and Ike can become the dynamic duo again.

(thus proving once and for all that his relationship with Soren was only ever brotherly)

Well that would just be terrible.

I only hope that Soren is on the FE9 Spotpass list so he and Ike can become the dynamic duo again.

Oh, he is. Assuming the DLC depictions of the SpotPass teams are to be believed, which they should be.

Well that would just be terrible.

Amen. IkexSoren OTP.....maybe Ranulf for the occassional OTT. Anywho, the shadowed sprite makes me think of Ephraims DLC...*crosses fingers* playable Halberdiers pleeeeease.