Rate the Unit Day 8: Marty

Psych

also i demand a legitimate reason for why my posts keep getting deleted; why am i the one getting warned for flaming/trolling when there is clearly a worse offender in this thread

Wait, seriously? That's bizarre.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, seriously? That's bizarre.

i did post a somewhat inflammatory comment earlier that got deleted, but people have been let go for worse and there's a very obvious worse troll right in this very thread that is getting off scot-free

My warn may have gone up again, I can't tell anymore

But honestly how is it "obvious" that I'm trolling? It's well-documented that I legitimately think Marty is a good unit. I think the fact that I posted my opinion and was immediately met with the most casual dismissal possible (lolno) is far more--

Oh dear god whatever. Count my vote if you want to, head thread guy. It's your thread, do whatever you want.

But honestly how is it "obvious" that I'm trolling? It's well-documented that I legitimately think Marty is a good unit.

good is relative to the enemies to this game, but marty is pretty bad relative to the other player units

@Hawkeye, it's called a joke.

I was just quoting urs because it was the most recent one I saw. And I didn't think it was a joke, because why would you repeat a joke Camtech already made, but making it less clear it was a joke. Not to mention that the rest of the post was bashing banzai (albeit I do think he deserves it in this instance) so it seemed like you were just going out of your way to come up with as many reasons as possible. Sorry.

Whoa whoa whoa so I have to go and bring in even more stats and write paragraphs while Dondon gets away with "he gets you a warp staff"?

Dondon's vote doesn't deviate much from the norm compared to yours. Moreover, dondon's point is, "this and little else", while you give a score demanding a great deal of justification for a unit being excellent, best of the best, and don't back it up.

His bld, HP, and def are really good, in fact the best in the game. There's nobody who can even compare to him in defensive terms. As such, he's an invaluable member of any team.

10/10

Among other things, since Marty's speed is so low, and speed is a component of defense, I am not sure he necessarily has the best defense. In fact, every stat can play a role in defense:

HP: Duh

Str: Allows you to kill enemies before they counter. Marty starts with 9, but it grows as slowly as his speed and skill.

Skill: Allows you to hit and kill enemies before they counter. (and boosts critical in this game I assume) Probably boosts some skills...but Marty has none (no skills and no skill)!

Spd: prevents you being doubled.

Def: Duh

Mag: res

luck: avoid, hit, crit avoid (very rarely a factor)

bld: allows you to carry heavier weapons without getting weighed down...but marty has 0 speed, and until he promotes this is almost a nonissue. Also, units with low build are more likely to be captured, which reduces the cahnce of them getting hit and if they are captured they don't immediately die. Marty doesn't benefit from this obviously.

move stars: if you get unlucky in battle, or are running away, or whatever, lets you move again and evade enemy attacks, position yourself better for enemy phase, move into the range of a healer, w/e.

PC: If enemy is doubling, or you have ambush (marty doesn't), lets you kill enemy and avoid getting hit.

I might be missing some additional stats or w/e...I haven't really thought about who has 'the best defense' and maybe Marty has the best (though I highly doubt it). But don't make that claim when y ou haven't come close to justifying it. Supports, skills, prf weapons, etc are also worth considering. And the other big problem is that even if marty eventually has the best HP, bld, and df eventually, he certainly doesn't have the best hp and def when you get him. And units with near or as much bld as marty are not rarities, and they all have better stats to take advantage of it.

Seriously man, if you're giving Marty a 10, who are you giving 1-9?

also i demand a legitimate reason for why my posts keep getting deleted; why am i the one getting warned for flaming/trolling when there is clearly a worse offender in this thread

You should probably talk directly to the mods instead of bringing up their rulings in topic, and trying to start a discussion about moderation decisions in a topic that is not about moderation decisions. If you want Banzai's posts to be moderated, use the report button. If your concern is your posts, consult the mods. If your post was only brought to their attention via a report, they might not even be reading your current posts, so posting about it in thread is kind of shaking your fist at clouds.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield