Rate the Unit, Day 25: Haar

PKL

Dat Rules (borrowed/stolen from Integrity)

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode (JP Maniac). And only hard mode!

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends when the next RTU thread is posted (at this point, it's hard to tell).

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" or "Gives you Bronze Sword" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "she brings a Savior to the team" as an argument.

- BEXP is free to be used in any quantity on any character.

- Skills can be reassigned freely.

- No transfers.

- Anyone that has done a RD RTU withholds the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Fiona: 1.20

Meg: 1.34

Vika: 2.40

Leonardo: 2.53

Tormod: 3.28

Ilyana: 3.75

Nealuchi: 4.41

Tauroneo: 4.50

Black Knight: 4.60

Maurim: 4.72

Aran: 4.92

Laura: 5.13

Edward: 6.31

Micaiah: 6.50

Marcia: 7.31

Zihark: 7.44

Elincia: 8.21

Leanne: 8.38

Rafiel: 8.45

Jill: 8.46

Volug: 8.87

Sothe: 8.93

Nailah: 9.00

Nolan: 9.06

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

worst unit ever 0/10

Get his Speed up to par and he's unstoppable. The problem is if he refuses to get Speed. . .and I'm a little salty over a particular time where he ate a 3% crit from an Elthunder tome.

9.75/10

10/10

Best offense in all of part 2, bar none (except maybe Elincia). Crucial in quickly clearing Part 3 maps due to awesome move. Gets Axes and Lances, the best two physical weapons.

uiopgrgnpuizbnpui

HAAR

HECK YEAH

OH HECK YEAH

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH

But ugh... he kills everything forever, like a G. He needs one speedwing, just one, then watch him lolpwn.

10/10

Haar

* Begins in Part 2, Prologue

+ A Flying tank, very independent against physical units.

+ Pretty good base stats and growths.

+ Excellent weapon rank (A) in both axes and lances... literally, he has access to a large arsenal from the beginning.

+ Kills or causes great damage to any enemy.

- His only letdown... Poor Resistance.

Score 9.5/10

Edited by Enex

uiopgrgnpuizbnpui

HAAR

HECK YEAH

OH HECK YEAH

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH

But ugh... he kills everything forever, like a G. He needs one speedwing, just one, then watch him lolpwn.

10/10

Basically this.

Haar * Begins in Part 2, Chapter 1 + A Flying tank, very independent against physical units. + Pretty good base stats and growths. + Excellent weapon rank (A) in both axes and lances... literally, he has access to a large arsenal from the beginning. + Kills or causes great damage to any enemy. - His only letdown... Poor Resistance. Score 9.5/10
His letdown being something that doesnt matter, since mages might as well not exist in the enemy army.

Ive been waiting all day for this one!

Haar, former Daein soldier. Runs a delivery service with Jill. They are sort of a thing.

Pros:

emot-aaaaa.gifemot-dance.gif

Flies.

Good weapon ranks.

DEM BASES!!

Base level is awesome.

Dat defense growth.

Wtf strength.

Geezus..

Basically around the whole game after he shows up.

Cons:

Speed is a bit on the low side.

Res is in the pooper.

Holy good goddamn. Haar is the case of "meh to mediocre unit from PoR gone gr9mazing". Not just gr9mazing but probably to BEST DAMN UNIT IN THE GAME! Because holy crap. What cant Haar do? Ok he cant use swords or magic but who freaking cares. He can do ALL THE OTHER THINGS! Haar is true Terror Of The Skies. Since he shows up in part 2 and basically DOESNT LEAVE, he gives Tibarn a run for his money. Hes murdering everything when he appears in 2-P. So he isnt around for like three chapters in part 2. Umm yeah who cares. He nearly trivializes 2-E anyway. With some help from Leanne, hes probably two-turning that bad dog. (if you are, like into that sort of LTC thing.) After he shows up in 3-2, hes there...forever. Since he flies, Haar can be a fantastic sturdy ferrybot. Also hes probably in the front of all the other guys because yes. Haar does have some weak spots though. His speed isnt fantastic so he might not be doubling much especially later on in part 4. But Speedwings exist so that can rectified. His res is also a pile of crap. Haar hates mages. In fact, they are the only thing on the face of Tellius that can really cripple him. Nullify is a good skill to put on him due to his weaksauce res and the fact that thunder mages happen kinda early on. Its only after hes promoted, does his res improve enough for him to go "lol mages." (So Nullify doesnt need to stay on him forever.) His supports arent horribly awesome but they help. Hes also got pretty good weapon ranks. His lance rank is good enough to wield some of the better lances at the time. But lol who cares, AXES! Hes destroying with any axe he uses. So hes got 1-2 range all the time with both throwing axes and javelins. What the crap...

Omg...lets face it, Haar is awesome and a bit broken. Hes the most reliable guy on your team for sure. Murdering all the things and doing all the things.

10/10. (i normally dont do 10s but when i do, its Haar.) emot-damn.gif/10 bias.

Ive been waiting all day for this one!

Haar, former Daein soldier. Runs a delivery service with Jill. They are sort of a thing.

Pros:

emot-aaaaa.gifemot-dance.gif

Flies.

Good weapon ranks.

DEM BASES!!

Base level is awesome.

Dat defense growth.

Wtf strength.

Geezus..

Basically around the whole game after he shows up.

Cons:

Speed is a bit on the low side.

Res is in the pooper.

Holy good goddamn. Haar is the case of "meh to mediocre unit from PoR gone gr9mazing". Not just gr9mazing but probably to BEST DAMN UNIT IN THE GAME! Because holy crap. What cant Haar do? Ok he cant use swords or magic but who freaking cares. He can do ALL THE OTHER THINGS! Haar is true Terror Of The Skies. Since he shows up in part 2 and basically DOESNT LEAVE, he gives Tibarn a run for his money. Hes murdering everything when he appears in 2-P. So he isnt around for like three chapters in part 2. Umm yeah who cares. He nearly trivializes 2-E anyway. With some help from Leanne, hes probably two-turning that bad dog. (if you are, like into that sort of LTC thing.) After he shows up in 3-2, hes there...forever. Since he flies, Haar can be a fantastic sturdy ferrybot. Also hes probably in the front of all the other guys because yes. Haar does have some weak spots though. His speed isnt fantastic so he might not be doubling much especially later on in part 4. But Speedwings exist so that can rectified. His res is also a pile of crap. Haar hates mages. In fact, they are the only thing on the face of Tellius that can really cripple him. Nullify is a good skill to put on him due to his weaksauce res and the fact that thunder mages happen kinda early on. Its only after hes promoted, does his res improve enough for him to go "lol mages." (So Nullify doesnt need to stay on him forever.) His supports arent horribly awesome but they help. Hes also got pretty good weapon ranks. His lance rank is good enough to wield some of the better lances at the time. But lol who cares, AXES! Hes destroying with any axe he uses. So hes got 1-2 range all the time with both throwing axes and javelins. What the crap...

Omg...lets face it, Haar is awesome and a bit broken. Hes the most reliable guy on your team for sure. Murdering all the things and doing all the things.

10/10. (i normally dont do 10s but when i do, its Haar.) emot-damn.gif/10 bias.

^This.

And Tibarn is the best character statwise. Like Haar is best beorc in the game!

My vote of course is....

10/10

Funny.... Aran will have 5% better growth rates in all areas except luck and HP in HP he has a 20% advantage and in Luck a 10% disadvantage. Haar's got bases and availability though..

Whatever. Great movement, decent availability, massive strength, skill, and defense, decent HP, and... well his other stats aren't always too good, but he doesn't need luck with his tanking ability and skill for accuracy. His resistance will be low, and thunder magic can destroy him, but still, his only offensive hinderence is his lack of speed, which isn't even that major, and he's weak to magic. Otherwise, he's just Haar. 9.5/10 including bias because he's Haar.

I only take off points because of mages killing him and not doubling too often without items, but he still might one hit the weaker enemies with forged stuff.

Edited by I don't play for turns

His resistance will be low, and thunder magic can destroy him

lol

Nullify.

lol

Nullify.

Which doesn't really help when he can still get critted by the thunder sages. It's only a minor detail at best though.

At any rate, So good he's banned/10. He has great Strength, Skill and Defense. His Speed and Res aren't so hot, though, but the latter's minor and the former can be fixed by a speedwing. (For the record, PKL, the "so good he's banned" is a joke referring to his being banned in drafts, and just count it as a 10.)

Edited by Golden Cucco

I see at least 5 votes that will not be counted. Folgore green, quoting a vote that doesnt count makes your vote not count. Elieson didnt provide any reasoning whatsoever so its also in the trashcan. And gryz, you too.

Egads! I better get my shit together or Haar risks not being rated the highest unit in the game!

Physical wall. Hits like a truck. Flies. Our only flier in the first half of part 3 when flying is incredibly useful. 10/10

Egads! I better get my shit together or Haar risks not being rated the highest unit in the game!

Physical wall. Hits like a truck. Flies. Our only flier in the first half of part 3 when flying is incredibly useful. 10/10

Oh gee..NOW YOU GET IT.

I hope that you don't commit anymore trolling again.

Edited by リズ

I think his usage is highly dependent upon getting that speedwing or being fortunate with the speed increases. Without it, he is a bit like Mordecai. A mobile tank that gets a strong attack in on an enemy once. If you do manage to get enough speed early on, usually that 2 points from the speedwing, then he a very good unit.

9.1/10

Favorite Unit. Got this odd thing for Wyvern Riders/Lords...Especially when they have axes

So he flies, he's amazing when you get him and stays amazing all of the way through the game. Capable of one rounding almost anything in your way. His growths are great and yeah. Late game he was moppin the floor with people

10/10 (If only I could add a bias to this.)

Haar/10.

A bad ass that can sleep and kill enemies at the same time. Fairly durable, no one gives two shitfucks about Mages, his Spd is somewhat forgiven since he's the flying metal of death, and just utterly destroys everything efficiently.

No really, I thought Haar/10 would've been sufficient, but I guess explanation was necessary...

Oh gee..NOW YOU GET IT.

I hope that you don't commit anymore trolling again.

It's funny you should talk about trolling when YOU COULDN'T FUCKING READ THE RULES FOR TWO MONTHS.

Haar. What is there to say about him? He flies, has very good bases, great growths for the most part, and pretty much trivializes the game. He's kind of like if you gave Oswin a dragon to ride on, but better because his speed issues are less noticeable. And he does so without binocular vision and while asleep. 10/10