Rate the Unit, Day 25: Haar

PKL

Best unit in the game. 10/10

his only flaw is fixed with the 2-E Nullify scroll he basically has sole claim to, and he's probably the one who's getting it in the first place.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't actually beaten the game, or used Haar for more than like, 2 chapters. So My vote shouldn't count anyway.

Makes most of the game his bitch except for endgame when he isn't so great because of his 32 spd cap and IMO not likely to join in the endgame team. Funny thing is he pretty much destroys the game up till then so he doesn't need great endgame to still be the best unit in this silly game.

10/10

Seriously?

He flies, comes in 2-P, and has good bases and competant growths.

A speedwing, and maybe the nullify scroll can turn him into a h4x tank.

ORKOing with the best weapon type, and being one of the best classes in RD, and he makes the GMs even more OP'd

Seriously, even his res isn't a problem, due to lolMagic in this game.

And, noone really wants the goddess Icons or Fortune skill, so he's safe using it.

Its like Aran as a better class and weapon selection.

AND THEY BOTH HAVE BADASS BLACK ARMOUR!

10/10

He's with the GMs, an already h4x team, and is the only flier for awhile.

Hell, in 4-E, he's good due to hammer time!

And brave axe/lance-ing auras.

in SIlver Route, he pwns

in Greil route, he does well, except for the sleep staves.

in the Hawk route, he's kinda overkill, since they have lolTibarn.

Oh, and he gets Jill, and was forced to wear an eyepatch.

IF he took off the eyepatch, his growths would all increase by 40%, and his bases by +5-10.

Kinda like what happens to fe7 Lowen getting a haircut :awesome:

Edited by Folgore Green

Haar? Haar is a goddamn beast.

*Shows up at the very beginning of Part 2

*Decent amount of availability. Sure he's only available for 2 chapters in Part 2, but joining Ike's team later in Part 3 leaves room for amazement

*EXCELLENT bases

*Crazy Strength, Skill, and Defense growths

*Hands down the greatest flier that isn't a Laguz

*Damn amazing tanking capacity

In all essentiality, he's a vital unit to pick up, and one of the greatest units you can get in Radiant Dawn.

10/10

I can remember my first playthrough of Radiant Dawn, and I had him pretty high up in level by the time Part 2 ended. When Part 3 rolled around and I got him back, I can remember him sweeping just about every unit on the chapter you got him back and promoting to Dragonlord because of it. That was definitely a crazy good time.

Edited by Karaszure

Haar is the man. He shows up in the beginning on Part 2, and can reach 3rd tier by the end of it. BEXP fixes Speed, Haar's main problem, and he also can take a Speedwing if he needs to. Once he has Nullify, he can laugh at Thunder Sages (as long as they don't crit, but if that really bothers you feed him an icon). When Haar comes back in Part 3, he laughs at the rest of it with flight, Axes and an eyepatch. He can perform decently in any Part 4 group, but the desert is his strongest point. Sure, he sort of slows down in endgame but why does it matter if he's already trivialized the rest of it?

10/10

It's funny you should talk about trolling when YOU COULDN'T FUCKING READ THE RULES FOR TWO MONTHS.

When it reguards characters, like Haar. I'm ALWAYS serious.

I can remember my first playthrough of Radiant Dawn, and I had him pretty high up in level by the time Part 2 ended. When Part 3 rolled around and I got him back, I can remember him sweeping just about every unit on the chapter you got him back and promoting to Dragonlord because of it. That was definitely a crazy good time.

In truth.

You can probably solo most of the game with him. Better give him Nullify and a Speedwing though.

Edited by リズ

Best unit in the game. He's like a general, but he has 9 move and flies. Sure he might have Speed issues, but they're easily fixed by a speedwing. Thunder Magic might be a problem, but give him Nullify and they're not a problem either. I always put him into Micaiah's Army because he flies, so he helps immensely in the desert.

10/10

Everyone jumped into the nullify bandwagon >_>. Ok, lets clear things up: Nullify sucks. Thunder mages dont OHKO haar unless they crit and a crit will still OHKO with nullify equipped. Second, Im not putting a skill on him because im worried of 1% of the enemy army getting lucky on him and critting. I would rather, you know, equip celerity and savior on him and not worry about non-existing thunder mages (seriously i can count thunder mages with my fingers and hes never forced to battle them due to move). Third: he never slows down. Even in endgame, hes going to be very useful due to high move and hammertime! on the 4-E-1 generals and he can still dent auras. And lol endgame is so easy anyway, what with all the royals that it really doesnt matter. And time for my vote :p. The good: Flight. High move. Amazing bases. Availability. Good weapon ranks. Nice growths. The bad: Wait, theres something bad? A flying tank that never slows down and ORKOs everything. On his speed "issue". Lets be honest, haar will always get the 2-3 wing and theres BEXP :p. 10/10

Edited by PKL

Everyone jumped into the nullify bandwagon >_>. Ok, lets clear things up: Nullify sucks. Thunder mages dont OHKO haar unless they crit and a crit will still OHKO with nullify equipped.

Actually, I stated that Nullify doesn't really help Haar for the reasons you mentioned.

That Res is rather problematic at 4-3 and 4-E-1 when it comes to facing Sleep staves. Other than that, everything is perfect and has been covered in other posts.

Just in case: flying tank with great offense with great availability

Haar is broken. Amazing bases, great growths, and amazing caps (this is RD after all). He mains the best weapon type, and flies. Great availability. Just a really excellent unit.

10/10

The Witch-King of Angmar is #4 on Mekkah's Top 30 Best Units of All Time list for a reason. His HP, strength, and defense are all through the roof, and his speed is salvageable (and worth salvaging). His greatest asset is arguably flight, which is very useful in many of his chapters (2-E, 3-3, 3-4, 3-7, and 4-3 are just a few examples). With Nullify, he can even deal with thunder magic, which is his only fear.

10/10

With Nullify, he can even deal with thunder magic, which is his only fear.

Because some people just don't seem to get the picture...

Everyone jumped into the nullify bandwagon >_>. Ok, lets clear things up: Nullify sucks. Thunder mages dont OHKO haar unless they crit and a crit will still OHKO with nullify equipped. Second, Im not putting a skill on him because im worried of 1% of the enemy army getting lucky on him and critting. I would rather, you know, equip celerity and savior on him and not worry about non-existing thunder mages (seriously i can count thunder mages with my fingers and hes never forced to battle them due to move).

Read the bolded sentence.

Edited by Golden Cucco

On his speed "issue". Lets be honest, haar will always get the 2-3 wing and theres BEXP :p. 10/10

Even with the 2-3 Speedwing, Bexp to cap Spd at tier 2, and an early promotion (perhaps with the 3-3 Master Crown) Haar will still have difficulty doubling in 4-3 (especially) and 4-E. Haar may be the most valuable unit in the game, but let's not pretend that he's a perfect unit.

I already stated my rating, but I just feel like mentioning this for the fun of it.

I want to know if there is any beorc force as unstoppable as Haar with a brave axe. I mean really, who can compare? Ike with Ragnell? Stefan with Vague Katti? Nolan with Tarvos?

Nope. Haar+Brave Axe=most unstoppable FE10 beorc

Edited by I don't play for turns

10/10

Goes without saying really. He kills everything and has enough time to get to bed (his hit and run tactics are broken). Give him a speedwing and doubles pretty much everything he needs to, making him a choiceeeeeeeeee assassin. Also rofl BEXP can patch that speed up, but nobody BEXP abuses (wink).

Man, I wish he was on the dumb brigade, they could surely use him.

EDIT: Did I mention he's a badass riding a goddamn black dragon? In style?

Edited by Starwave

Haar is so good. Amazingly good. As in, there is not a single map where you ever think, "Nah, so and so is better." His only weakness is magic since frankly his speed will fix itself. He just flies through the skies and virtually auto-clears maps. He also doesn't have any sort of awkward babying phase like fellow aerial rapist Jill. Hooray!

10/10

Soren for top tier. He doesn't get OHKO'd by physical weapons unless they crit, so therefore he's invincible.

I dunno what you're trying to prove with such flawed logic.

Thunder mages dont OHKO haar unless they crit and a crit will still OHKO with nullify equipped. Second, Im not putting a skill on him because im worried of 1% of the enemy army getting lucky on him and critting.

^This

Because some people just don't seem to get the picture...

Read the bolded sentence.

Plus with lower luck means less dodge.

Edited by リズ