The Weirdest Compliments you have ever received

Rehab

In high school, I vvas told I looked like Norman Bates. That vvas supposedly a good thing, though, because said person thought Norman Bates vvas handsome. And today, I vvas grumpily told by my great-aunt that I had pretty eyelashes, vvhich she thought vvas unfair because she never had them, and because I "didn't need them." ( <8{ )

That, of course, gave me this stupid brilliant thread idea. Hit me vvith them

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i find every compliment awkward. And ive received a lot of them in smash bros. tournaments for my execution skills and spacing. Needless to say, i hate it when it happens. But what can I do but to blush and say "thanks"?

That doesn't exactly seem like a "vveird" compliment, even if it vvas avvkvvard, but OK, cool :p as an aside, bravvl, melee or 64?

Edited by Rehab

Last year, when I was sporting a mondo beard, I was always being told I looked like Grizzly Adams or Zach Galifianakis. Neither were awkward, but everyone felt awkward saying them--despite how cool it was to them.

i was told the nice eyelashes thing a few times as well

the first time a girl told me i had a nice ass i was kinda weirded out as a freshman in high school but now it's like common so idc

the best compliment has to be when they say i'm such an asshole with a beautiful smile on their faces tho

Oh, I forgot to mention that I don't grow a lot of hair on my arms or legs at all, so I often get girls stroking my arms and going WHAT SO SMOOTH

I get told I have beautiful eyes a lot. Even from guys... :/

Oh shit, I had this happen too. Me and a guy were getting into some heated discussion during a lecture, and after a few minutes of everybody listening to us--the entire room including the prof--the guy stops talking and just says I have really beautiful blue eyes. The reactions of different people in the class was golden.

Oh shit, I had this happen too. Me and a guy were getting into some heated discussion during a lecture, and after a few minutes of everybody listening to us--the entire room including the prof--the guy stops talking and just says I have really beautiful blue eyes. The reactions of different people in the class was golden.

LOL

the heated discussion led to sexual tension and he ended up complimenting you? way to win a debate

"You look just like your mother when she was in middle school. When I saw you get off the bus I thought it was her!"

Not a great thing to be told in middle school lol.

i know there are a few other strange compliments i have gotten but I can't remember them right off the top of my head. Just my reaction to them lol.

I do get compliments on my smooth hands and long fingers. The latter seem kind of strange I suppose.

Also on a completely unrelated note. Stupid blue eyed people always getting compliments for their eyes. Us brown eyers never get compliments on our eyes. angry.gif

Edited by StrawSloththeSawSlothStraw

Some of the common ones for me: Constantly told I look younger than I am when I reveal my age (God, when I make 20 in the next few months, thing will get worse) and nice eyes. It's only awkward when it just...comes out of nowhere.

Though the most awkward (though it has only happened once) is when I was ringing a lady up at work around a month ago, she just kept staring at me and finally asked me how old I was. Said she thought I was 16 and I have a 'pretty' face.

Huh...I thought the term 'pretty' was mainly aimed at females, but looks like I was wrong this whole time. x_x

I was in a dingy restroom on campus and I was washing up. I thought I was alone. One of the stalls opened behind me and this guy in like his late forties comes out. He said I had nice hair and then leaves. Oddly enough, this event didn't have a creepy vibe, it was just really random.

I was in a dingy restroom on campus and I was washing up. I thought I was alone. One of the stalls opened behind me and this guy in like his late forties comes out. He said I had nice hair and then leaves. Oddly enough, this event didn't have a creepy vibe, it was just really random.

He was definitely propositioning you.

I was once told my teeth smelled nice. It was awkward.

Hey, Rehab, I thought your W didn't work.