Who will they unveil FE13 for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Will they unveil Fe13?

2. 2. If Yes, Where

• Europe
    • North America
    • South America
    • Asia (Excluding Japan)
    • Oceiania (I.e. Australia, New Zeland etc.)

I've never been so happy to be wrong in my life haha.

As I started to suspect mid-conference, Nintendo wasn't going to show it on stage due to being somewhat low-profile but multiple sources have confirmed Fire Emblem: Awakening coming to the States.

To me, it seems more logical to announce low-profile games in order to garner more support. Big name franchises don't need to take up E3 time--they already have tons of support and a huge fanbase. I feel like blockbuster games need only a small segment at the end of each conference notifying the people in the audience that demo-booths are available. Like Call of Duty: Black Ops II for example, the fifteen or twenty minutes of trailer/gameplay were simply unnecessary.

Ignoring the twitter thing and treating it as not valid YET to address your question...

1. Because of the region lock, getting a European 3DS JUST for one game is pointless, since most of the European titles would release to the US anyway.

2. There are more Japanese only games that I'd like to buy for the 3DS.

3. Ask TheEnd if I know Japanese to a decent enough level to understand plots of games without a dictionary.

I assumed you own an American 3DS

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If". Ha ha ha. There are a bunch of games that aren't fit for any market other than Japan.

Also, with Nintendo's confirmation... that basically means I'm going to have to drop a lot of money for both region's systems and games. Ah well...

Agreed. Walking around the game shops here, I'm almost tempted to pick up a Japanese 3DS regardless of FE13 getting a NA release. :/

@Agro:

That's not illegal to do? A friend of mine who is trying to become a rapper does that alot too, and I was kinda worried for him since I thought that might be considered plagiarism (though he also apparently plagiarized an album cover he made, but when another friend of mine told him that, he didn't get it...)

Whoops, I missed this. It's definitely not illegal, especially if you obtain permission. People do it all the time in music. Surely you've heard Kanye West's music before. I think you have to give writing credit and potentially royalties--music rights change from country to country, IIRC, so it depends.

Agreed. Walking around the game shops here, I'm almost tempted to pick up a Japanese 3DS regardless of FE13 getting a NA release. :/

I'm still at a loss as to why they decided on region locking? Does Nintendo seriously believe they can screw that many people out of money in making them buy two of the same system?

That's low behavior on their part.

I'm still at a loss as to why they decided on region locking? Does Nintendo seriously believe they can screw that many people out of money in making them buy two of the same system?

They appear to claim here that it's to comply with different age regions' age rating systems, languages and "local laws."

They also gently recommend, "If you are in doubt, Nintendo recommends that you only purchase Nintendo 3DS software in the region where purchased your Nintendo 3DS system."

so basically "fuck you I do what I want"

Easier to manage the numbers if they're locked to regions? There's actually a few of valid reasons to go about it, probably involving the marketing aspects and copyright shiz--most of the fans don't go this far, being content just to complain about not getting the games. Which is pretty understandable.