Bramimond's gender

Xiltas Crysten

52 members have voted

1. 1. According to your opinion, is Bramimond...

I'm on a roll, Loran! (The Gundam one.)

I'd like to hear your opinion on one of the "mysteries" of FE7. What is Bramimond's gender?

The information we have on...it:

1)Bramimond was one of the Eight Heroes of the Scouring.

2)Bramimond is a dark magic user, which is a "male-dominated" job, yet there are also some female shamans/druids like Sophia and Niime (Custom Class "Bramimond"'s battle sprite looks kinda like Dark Druid, only a bit more female?)

3)Bramimond's face (at least the part we see) does have a female touchBramimond.png

4)The "original" Bramimond from "La Chanson de Roland" (Many references to the 8 Heroes have their origin in this story) was female.

The stage is yours.

Edited by Xiltas Shepard

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always assumed Bramimond was male... I'm just gonna run with male because it's what I've always thought.

While his mytholgical base was female, the guy himself looks to be physically male to me. I do think that his psyche changes from male to female depending on who he is talking to though.

Could be either way, but that's my two cents.

3)Bramimond's face (at least the part we see) does have a female touchBramimond.png

Should I go through all the chins that have the same look as Brammond?

Edited by Dark Pegasi

Bramimond is supposed to be a mirror of sorts to the people speaking to it. Bramimond reflects whatever. Bramimond is genderless.

I DO however think that Bramimond started out as a dude and somehow...probably through the delving into deep magic, got all genderless and stuff. Just my theory.

Bramimond no longer has a self, and thus no longer has a gender. but the OP makes a good case for it being female, so I'll go along with that one.

The name sounds male, but is apparently female. While I believe Bramimond is either both, changing, or neither gender in FE7, I would lean towards thinking Bramimond was originally a girl. It is worth saying, perhaps, that Teodor refers to Bramimond as a he, and he may have had some knowledge of Bramimond's past history. It is possible he is speaking with actual knowledge as opposed to just making an assumption.

It's also quite possible that by studying dark magic extensively, gender was also something that Bramimond lost. Which would mean that both during the time of the Scouring and FE7, Bramimond was genderless. Before that, though, I would say Bramimond was male.

Also, point #3 in the OP doesn't really mean anything. Look at Lucius.

Besides, even going by looks doesn't support it 'cause he looks like a dude.

So Brammimond shaves? Or the dark magic stopped his facial hair?

One other thing that occurred to me is that Limstella is apparently genderless (and besides the hair does appear somewhat androgynous, IMO). Nergal and Brammimond seem to have gone down somewhat similar paths, so I wonder if there's some kinda connection there...I don't really know what to make of it, though.

Edited by Hawkeye Hank Hatfield

So Brammimond shaves? Or the dark magic stopped his facial hair?

One other thing that occurred to me is that Limstella is apparently genderless (and besides the hair does appear somewhat androgynous, IMO). Nergal and Brammimond seem to have gone down somewhat similar paths, so I wonder if there's some kinda connection there...I don't really know what to make of it, though.

Wasnt Limstella actually an attempt by Nergal to make a morph out of his lost wife? But somehow, Limstella ended up without a gender? Thats what i thought.