Bramimond's gender

Xiltas Crysten

52 members have voted

1. 1. According to your opinion, is Bramimond...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nergal refers to Limstella as his "masterpiece", but there is nothing to indicate he created Limstella in the image of his wife. It seems likely that Nergal had already forgotten about his family long before he created Limstella.

Limstella is not a "tranny", you twit. ~_~

Having no biological gender is not the same as being transgendered, a transvestite, or transsexual. Stop using words you don't understand.

Edited by Charlie

People keep saying that but I find it hard to swallow, "no biological gender" just sounds like another kind of tranny to me in this context.

So what you're saying is that "one becoming the other" is the same as "being neither"? That metaphorically changing the channel on the television is the same as the metaphorical television never being on in the first place? Please, enlighten us as to the ways of your little world where these significantly different concepts are one and the same.

People keep saying that but I find it hard to swallow, "no biological gender" just sounds like another kind of tranny to me in this context.

Well, for one, you should use an accurate term and not the ambiguous tranny. And even then, transsexual and transgender individuals aren't individuals lacking a sex.

There's a crag between what you're trying to define and what you're defining it with.

Limstella is not a "tranny", you twit. ~_~

Yeah, Crash, if you're going to even attempt to talk about transsexuals, could you not use offensive terms?

It's very hard for me to not rage at you right now.

The term most commonly applied to a genderless person is an Asexual person. A person who defines themselves as having no gender.

Edited by seph1212

The term most commonly applied to a genderless person is an Asexual person. A person who defines themselves as having no gender.

Really? Even though asexuality has nothing to do with gender roles? At best one could try and use it to denote a sexless-state, but even then, a sex exists, and gender is a step away from sex altogether.

What Crash is most likely trying to grasp is a literal sexless entity, as in, no biological, material sex whatsoever.

What Crash is most likely trying to grasp is a literal sexless entity, as in, no biological, material sex whatsoever.

Whatever he's grasping at, transsexual isn't the term he's looking for.

So what you're saying is that "one becoming the other" is the same as "being neither"? That metaphorically changing the channel on the television is the same as the metaphorical television never being on in the first place? Please, enlighten us as to the ways of your little world where these significantly different concepts are one and the same.

Pretty much. It's hard to put into words but it's basically "Tranny = Neither dude or chick" and "Genderless = Neither dude or chick" therefore "genderless = tranny".

And it just doesn't seem very different to me AND genderlessness in human seems to be counted under the transgender "umbrella" (BTW, I'm not responsible for that particular point so so don't angry with me in specific over that point)

Well, for one, you should use an accurate term and not the ambiguous tranny.

Not really. :/

Yeah, Crash, if you're going to even attempt to talk about transsexuals, could you not use offensive terms?

No! :awesome:

Bramimond, however, might be considered transsexual. And also androgynous.

Nope, he's a dude.

That's not what tranny means, but I get the feeling that delving further will end badly.

I got the sense that Brammimond was male. Nothing concrete, just a sense.

Pretty much. It's hard to put into words but it's basically "Tranny = Neither dude or chick" and "Genderless = Neither dude or chick" therefore "genderless = tranny".

And it just doesn't seem very different to me AND genderlessness in human seems to be counted under the transgender "umbrella" (BTW, I'm not responsible for that particular point so so don't angry with me in specific over that point)

I believe the general catchall word is "genderqueer", but I don't keep up with the slang so I could be wrong.

Also, don't use that word, crash. It's rude.

Then why throw around the more offensive and clearly incorrect term?

Because I'm not concerned with the former and disagree with the latter?

Anyway, we've gotten really off track here so I actually have a question: Didn't Athos refer to Bram with male pronouns, at least primarily? I can't quite remember, I know it's in the script but I don't feel like tracking it down right now.

Anyway, we've gotten really off track here so I actually have a question: Didn't Athos refer to Bram with male pronouns, at least primarily? I can't quite remember, I know it's in the script but I don't feel like tracking it down right now.

I'm not sure that matters, as Hanon was refered to with male pronouns, and she was female.

Because I'm not concerned with the former and disagree with the latter?

Well, you should be concerned with the former. Offensive comments are forbidden by the code of conduct. And also it's rude.

you can't disagree with objective statements; it's just not possible.

Not really. None of us really know for sure whether or not Bramimond is still physically a man, so Crash isn't really incorrect to call him a transsexual.

Edited by Anouleth

Not really. None of us really know for sure whether or not Bramimond is still physically a man, so Crash isn't really incorrect to call him a transsexual.

that's not what i was referring to

the transgendered = genderless equivalency that crash believes in is fundamentally incorrect

Hanon is the Sacae chick with the bow.

From the 8 Heroes.

(on another note, kinda funny how Sacaen women rarely fight (ShinFir support) when their resident hero is a woman)

Then why would they call her a "he"?

Because NoA fucked up? Translators aren't infallible, especially if they haven't localized the prior games taking place in the world.