Lunatic No Deaths, Recruit Everyone, Low Turn Count Playthrough

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cecil's headband won 9 to 1. Expected/10. I will do prologue 8 tomorrow. Not sure who to deploy. Ryan is easier to feed kills to atm and the chapter is less tedious with him but Luke really needs the training...maybe I should do another silly poll.

Edited by Professor PicKLe

I once got Luke from level 2 to level 6 in P-8 while taking only 11-12 turns. And your Luke looks pretty blessed. With a few levels, it looks like he could hold his own quite well and Ryan looks competent enough.

So yeah, I would prefer you train Luke some more in P-8.

Time for some more.

[spoiler=Prologue 8]

This chapter is so hard T.T. I also had to undeploy Ryan so Luke could get some much needed Exp. Credit to Colonel M for coming up with this strategy. (i had to make some adjustments so it would work with pegknight MU but its mostly the same)

Turn1P8.png

This positioning makes Marth lure the Hunter and the west bandit. One thief goes after Caeda and the other goes after Cain.

Turn2P8.png

I move Marth and have him use a Vulnerary. Wrys heals him and I make a formation to protect my pegknights from the hunter. If i kill the hunter, the silver axe dude and the mages are lured and GG.

Turn3P8.png

The hunter went after Wrysand then died in Player Phase. Cain goes to lure the east enemies with his awesome durability. Athena lures the thief and Steel Swords it to the face

Turn4P8.png

I then kill all of the enemies that were lured in player phase and heal my characters. Merric leveled up when he killed the thief.

Merricslevel.png

Good shit Merric.

Turn5P8.png

Merric lured the hand axe bandit and countered in EP. Then chugged a vulnerary and stayed there. Athena went for the throne to heal up. While Caeda used a vulnerary and MU was healed by Wrys again. The 2 hand axe bandits go after Merric while the west Thief goes after Cain.

Turn6P8.png

I get rid of the enemies and have Cain park there to lure the silver axe bandits. Marth leveled up:

Marthslevel.png

That will help.

Turn7P8.png

I kill those enemies and prepare to lure Katarina by healing Merric with wrys. Next turn, I have Merric lure the Levin Sword thieves and Caeda takes on a 1 range thief.

GoodbyeKatarina.png

As you can see, Wrys healed Athena and Athena is a total bro that can ORKO Katarina while taking a hit from her. Caeda got to kill a Levin Sword thief and leveled up. Ill just post the remaining levels at the end because I forgot when they happened. MU got the other Levin Sword thief and leveled up. Then Merric weakens the last thief and Luke grabs the kill.

P8donein9turns.png

Prologue 8 done in 9 turns.

Level ups that I have no clue when they happened or happened in the last turn so didnt know where to put them:

Lukes3rdlevel.png

Very nice. I hope he keeps that up.

Caedas3rdlevel.png

Caeda is amazing.

Athenaslevel.png

Not bad.

Wryss2ndlevel.png

LOL

Caedas4thlevel.png

More amazing from Caeda.

Prologue MVP: Caeda

Honorable Mention: Merric for being a total badass too

Redid P8 from the map save and got Marth the Katarina kill instead of Athena by using Iron Sword. Caeda got exactly the same level, but MU got skl lck def res >___>. MU must hate me.

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

This chapter is actually incredibly easy. I could have 7 turned it If I had given the Rainbow Potion to MU, but I decided to get the Mend instead. Before the chapter, I gave the Maturity Drop to Marth and the Bond Drop to My Unit. Did some reclassing.

Arran->General

My Unit->Cavalier

Ryan->Hunter

Luke->Mercenary

Cecil->Pegasus Knight

Rody->Curate

I decided Mercenary over Myrmidon for Luke because even with Rainbow Pot, Luke was short of ORKO'ing bandits with Steel. The extra str from mercenary helped him get to ORKO'ing status. Cecil is a pegknight because I want someone useless to get the Bullion :p. MU went cavalier so she is no longer OHKO'd. Arran went General so he could get 4HKO'd and tank hits like a mofo with Rainbow Pot.

Cheapripoffofcolonelsstrat.png

The bandit next to Draug goes after him, one bandit goes for Marth and the other goes for Luke. A hunter and 2 bandits went for Arran.

Lukes4thlevel.png

Luke gets a bro level again.

Marths2ndlevel.png

I now kill stuff Arran weakened. And Marth goes in, kills a bandit and gets ^ that level. Thanks maturity drop! I finish everything off, heal Arran with Rody and have Arran lure the last barbarian.

I then recruit Malliesia with Marth and have her heal Arran who goes left without being in range of enemies yet.

Malliesia.png

C rank in staves and hammerne use. YOU ARE IN of course.

Lukeandcecilgangupontehthief.png

Cecil and Luke also teamed up on the thief with Luke grabbing the kill.

Turn3Ch1.png

Draug visited the Armory and bought javelins and a hand axe for future use.

Turn4ch1.png

I have Arran park in the fort with a Steel lance equipped to conserve Silver uses. Ryan also moves towards Arran, one tile down from him to lure a 2range barbarian towards him, who he 2HKOs easily.

Turn5ch1.png

Now everyone kills stuff and Arran goes up to wall more stuff. Luke leveled up when he killed something and Rody leveled up too.

Lukes5thlevel.png

No str or def :(. But still good enough.

Rodyslevel.png

...NO COMMENT.

Turn6ch1.png

I now trap this poor victim and only leave Elena to be targetted since she can take it. Then, I have draug cecil and ryan team up on the poor guy and Ryan levels up.

wowryan.png

Wow. THIS IS A LEVEL, LEARN RODY! LEARN TO PROC STATS.

Turn7ch1.png

I have Marth talk to Lorenz and apparently Marth stinks so much that Lorenz decides to commit zepuku or however thats spelled.

Malliesiaslevel.png

In turn 8, I have Malliesia heal for more staff rank and a level up. And ^ that happens. Dat def. Hope she doesnt get magic screwed like my last Malliesia so I dont have to feed her so many dusts...shes still got a long way to go for that anyway.

ch1donein8turns.png

Chapter 1 done in 8 turns.

I could have given a rainbow pot use to MU and have her double Lorenz with Steel Lance, a Silver Lance from Arran and a Steel Sword from Rainbow Pot Merc Luke would have taken him down but I decided to err on the side of caution and 8 turn it with the mend.

Is forging a +5 MT steel bow forge really neccesary to 7 turn chapter 2? My ingame wallet hurts just thinking about it...

His growths dont seem that bad, even as a curate. Rody just hates me. Like in that draft where he didnt proc anything but skl and lck for like, 8 levels >_>.

It's great if you want Speed on him, and decent if you want HP, Skill and maybe Res? Speed, Res, and lolMagic are better as a Curate; everything else is worse.

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

Before the chapter, I forged a Steel Bow with +5 MT named "FEARME!DK". And the DKs do have a lot of reason to fear it. It OHKOs even the boss of the chapter. I bought an Iron Axe for Luke and reclassed him to Pirate. Reclassed Arran to Sniper because I need more bows.

Cord.png

Marth goes and recruits Cord. He sucks. His durability is forever bad and his axe rank is terrible. I will use him in the chapter and maybe a few more and then bench because hes just that bad.

Anyway, after Cord is recruited, I have Catria and Cecil prepare to recruit Warren (with Catria trading the RP off from cecil and drinking it). It took a few resets because warren needs to be one tile left and up from the hunter so Catria can survive, and sometimes he would move the wrong way T.T.

Anyway, Catria recruits Warren and ORKOs the hunter.

CatriaORKOs.png

Then Warren moves behind her and trades her Iron lance for Steel Lance. Cecil moves to the left. Luke ORKOs a hunter. The others keep moving. In EP, a soldier goes after Cord and is weakened. Then, the others finished off that soldier. I heal Cord off and have My Unit block the cavalier to the right. Next turn, I have Cecil and Catria chase the thief while everyone else take care of the cavaliers. MU and Marth move in to lure the Dracoknights and they make it easier to kill them by doing a weird formation. Catria and Cecil also got me the Lady Sword.

LadySwordge.png

RP Catria doesnt even need Steel Lance to finish this thief off <3.

RyanOHKOsthisboss-1.png

It turns out that I can just kill this boss, trade the bow kill another one, trade it and kill another one and kill the other one too up north in one trade chain. But I instead decide to feed kills to Luke MU and Ryan. Ryan kills the boss and levels up:

Ryans6thlevel.png

A 3 stat levelup and yet it manages to still be good. Good stuff Ryan!

I now have Arran trade the Bow forge and ORKO the cavalier. Warren weakens another DK and Luke grabs the kill and levels up:

Lukes6thlevel-1.png

Fairly standard Pirate Luke level + def which will hopefully, come in handy.

Now, Marth is healed by Malliesia and he Steel Swords the Draco up north and MU KOs it with Steel Lance and levels up:

MUs8thlevel.png

FINALLY SOME HP AND DEF. THANK YOU My UNIT.

Now, Cord trades the Steel Bow forge, Rody heals Gaggles and Gaggles goes and trades the Steel Bow forge and OHKOs the last DK.

Myplanwasflawless.png

This is how my positioning looked after that turn.

On the other side, Catria uses vulnerary and goes right to lure the dracoknight to her but still be close enough to receive assistance on killing him. The DK goes after her and she hits him for 14 damage. Then MU uses Javelin on him for 20 damage and Catria gets the kill and levels up:

Catriaslevel.png

Typical Catria level. Which is great.

Now Marth just goes and seizes.

ch2donein7turns-1.png

Chapter 2 done in 7 turns.

Funds left: 5730G

Bought:
Steel Bow forge +5 MT/0Hit/0Crit
Iron Axe

Sold:
Bullion(S)

Unit		Class		Lv	Lv2	Xp	HP	st	Mg	Sk	Sp	Lk	Df	Rs	WLv
Marth		Lord		8		63	29	10	0	12	12	11	8	1	Sword D
Elena		Cavalier	9		34	23	13	2	13	15	8	12	1	Sword E Lance D
Arran		Sniper			3	47	28	10	1	15	13	4	9	3	Bow C
Gordin		Archer		5		86	21	9	0	7	6	5	8	0	Bow D
Cecille		PegKnight	3		40	17	5	2	11	10	6	3	6	Lance E
Luke		Pirate		7		32	27	13	0	7	15	7	6	0	Axe E
Rody		Curate		3		24	19	1	1	4	6	6	2	6	Staff E
Ryan		Hunter		7		37	25	12	0	9	12	6	8	0	Bow C
Malliesia	Cleric		2		92	16	0	2	2	5	13	2	6	Staff C
Catria		PegKnight	7		62	23	8	2	9	15	10	8	6	Lance C
Cord		benched
Warren		benched

Rainbow Pots used:

Elena

Luke

Catria (during the chapter)

Your turncounts are looking pretty snazzy. Only thing is that I think that bow forge was...Well, kinda frivilous. Maybe it's just me, but forges just seem like a luxury in this game. Sure, it helps to have awesome slayer weapons, but you can get by without them.

Then again, I hate spending money on things that aren't the arena and stat boosters.

Your turncounts are looking pretty snazzy. Only thing is that I think that bow forge was...Well, kinda frivilous. Maybe it's just me, but forges just seem like a luxury in this game. Sure, it helps to have awesome slayer weapons, but you can get by without them.

Then again, I hate spending money on things that aren't the arena and stat boosters.

Well, I tried the chapter without the Forge a few times. But I got overwhelmed by the Dracoknights. When you pull one, all come at the same time and I didnt have enough firepower. I then decided to just do what Balcerzak did and forge the awesome Steel Bow.

btw, Cord's positioning influences the AI of the enemies on the map.

Thought so. Cord sucks so much that they want to gang up on him :P.

Anyway, I ran into a problem with photobucket so I couldnt update. But I did ch 3 and 3x.

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

Before the chapter, I reclassed Arran to Dracoknight. And gave the RP to Arran so he could ORKO the ballistae with silver. Catria got another RP use. As well as Luke so he can 3HKO Dracoknights.

My strategy was basically to go counterclockwise and recruit Cord then go for Julian, recruit Matthis and gang up on the boss with MU Palla and Arran. I fed the kill to Palla because shes too good.

Bord.png

And here we got Bord. I just recruited him for his Hammer really. His spd is awful and just like Cord, he struggles to do much. At least he has a good axe rank unlike the useless Cord.

Catrias2ndlevel.png

I lured the first Draco with Arran and Catria killed it, leveling up.

Luke3HKOsDK.png

Ryan kileld a DK with the forge. And as you can see, Rainbow Pot allows Luke to 3HKO Dracoknights like a boss. He leveled up after he killed it:

Lukes7thlevel.png

Luke, you are amazing.

After Luke killed that Dracoknight and got that amazing Level up, Gaggles and Linde teamed up on the other with Linde getting the kill.

I keep advancing and moving palla to safety. Then, in Turn 9 I lure the other Dracos, like this:

PulledtheDKs.png

Then, Catria, MU and Palla all killed those DKs with help from Arran's javelin chip. Palla leveled up here:

Pallaslevel.png

Expected/10.

Luke and the other handled some more dracos and leveled up.

Lukes8thlevel.png

<3.

Ryans7thlevel.png

Aaarghhh nooo.

Gordinslevel.png

Looool.

MU and Palla now sit on forts and heal in preparation for the final assault. Luke GOES UP the water with bord and the others acting as decoys so he doesnt get damaged and gives malliesia some stuff to heal. Speaking of, she healed and got a level:

Malicias2ndlevel.png

WHYYY?

Marth recruits Julian.

Julian.png

What are bases? Lol. His thieving will come in handy though.

I now prepare for the final assault. The moment of truth. I lure Matthis to MU, Catria takes a Javelin to the face and Palla kills a cavalier in EP.

Catrias3rdlevel.png

Catria leveled up when she threw a javelin and didnt get str again >:(. Not good. But those defenses lul.

Julian the recruits Matthis. Arran then goes and ORKOs the ballistae courtesy of the Rainbow Potion.

ArranORKOswithRP.png

Arranslevel.png

You can always count on Arran to get the bad levelups.

The others finish the other cavaliers off. MU got a level.

MUs9thlevel.png

Her HP growth is still nonexistent, but I like her levelup.

Palla heals herself up for no reason at all, wasting a vulnerary :facepalm: and i prepare to take on the boss next turn.

In turn 16, Arran does 12 damage to the boss with Silver Lance, MU does 10x2 damage to the boss with Lady Sword and Palla takes the kill with Silver Lance, leveling up.

Pallas2ndlevel.png

ALL HAIL PALLA THE GREAT.

Now Marth who was completely useless this chapter goes and seizes for a 17 turn clear. Pretty standard.

Chapter3donein17turns.png

Chapter 3 done in 17 turns.

Funds: 5730 G

Nothing bought or sold.

Marth		Lord		8		63	29	10	0	12	12	11	8	1	Sword D
Elena		Cavalier	10		16	23	14	2	13	16	9	13	1	Sword E Lance C
Arran		Dracoknight		4	15	25	11	1	12	11	4	12	3	Lance B Axe E
Gordin		Archer		6		13	22	10	0	7	6	5	9	0	Bow D
Luke		Pirate		9		36	30	15	0	9	17	8	7	0	Axe E
Ryan		Hunter		8		57	26	13	0	10	12	6	8	0	Bow C
Malicia		Cleric		3		94	17	0	3	2	6	13	2	6	Staff C
Catria		PegKnight	9		01	25	8	2	10	17	11	10	8	Lance C
Linde		Mage		4		70	20	0	4	5	8	8	2	4	Tome D
Palla		PegKnight	12		22	26	11	2	13	17	9	10	7	Lance B
Bord		base
Julian		base
Matthis		base

Rainbow Pots used:

Arran

Catria

Luke

Remaining uses: 69

Im seriously considering to buy a Seraph Robe from the base for My Unit so she can take 2 hits. Her def is fine, but currently, the lack of HP really kills her potential...

[spoiler=Chapter 3x]

This chapter is very simple. Just reclassed Luke and Catria to Cavaliers, gave an RP use to Ryan and MU.

Hey! Its wryyyyyyyyyyssssssssssss.

Wrys.png

At first, it looks like hes in a tight spot. But its actually quite easy to make him survive if you have enough firepower + fliers.

Ryanissogood.png

This is why I gave the RP to Ryan. He can double armors and ORKO with the forge. I had Palla ORKO the top archer and MU Javelin'd the other one, both clean ORKOs. MU needed the RP to ORKO the archer.

Turn13x.png

This positioning has one of the armors going after Marth, while the other goes after Luke, disappointed that it couldnt gang up on Marth. Next up, Wrys goes right. Ryan KOs the armor that went for Marth. Luke and Catria finish the other armor. Palla moves right but out of range of the archer. And MU lures the archer towards her and ORKOs it on EP. Next, Palla moves to the fort and wrys goes right again. MU and marth keep advancing. Palla kills the armor and stays in the fort in PP 4 and wrys heals her. Marth and MU keep moving. Then a reinforcement comes. Ryan attacks in PP5 and levels up:

Ryans8thlevel.png

YES.

Luke finishes the armor. Now Palla and MU team up on the armor next to the bushes with MU getting the kill because shes low on HP.

Turn 6, I have Palla javelin the last armor, MU javelins it too and kills it. And Marth seizes.

3xdonein6turns.png

Chapter 3x done in 6 turns.

Funds left: 5730 G

Didnt buy or sell anything...

Marth		Lord		8		72	29	10	0	12	12	11	8	1	Sword D
Elena		Cavalier	10		84	23	14	2	13	16	9	13	1	Sword E Lance C
Luke		Cavalier	9		79	30	13	0	10	15	8	10	0	Sword D Lance E
Ryan		Hunter		9		06	26	14	0	10	13	6	9	0	Bow C
Catria		Cavalier	9		10	27	9	0	7	16	11	12	2	Sword E Lance C
Palla		PegKnight	12		76	26	11	2	13	17	9	10	7	Lance B
Wrys		Curate		5		72	17	0	4	6	7	5	3	7	Staff D

Rainbow Pots used:

Ryan

MU

Remaining uses: 67

looks like you're rigging lots of Res

also i see a lot of +str/mag and +spd level ups.. hmm. these level ups are a little too good.

Edited by Lord Raven

Elena got one point of resistance in 9 levels at 10% growth.

Marth got a point of resistance at 5% in two levels.

Palla got a point in two levels with 10% resistance

And catria got two points in 3 levels with 5-10%

I guess by a stretch you could call that rigging.

Marth is like a point above avg. stats at this moment with 40%-50% growths in stats except def/resistance. Luke is a little out of place with speed, but he was reclased to pirate for a number of levels 70% speed growth. The rest aren't all that different. The rest make sense with the reclasses. I just don't see anything weird here that couldn't be good fortune for being like a point above average.

Elena got one point of resistance in 9 levels at 10% growth.

That doesn't strike me as off.

Marth got a point of resistance at 5% in two levels.

... Well I guess maybe you have a chance (Did he have the maturity drop or whatever it's called?)

Palla got a point in two levels with 10% resistance

And catria got two points in 3 levels with 5-10%

... Um.

I guess by a stretch you could call that rigging.

That stretch is about as much as I'm stretching right now to reach my keyboard, which is comfortably within arms reach.

I'm bad at math so I won't try to figure that speed/str bit, but the pegasi are being very 'blessed' at the moment.

I just thought the rigging call-out was unwarranted, and it bothered me. A whole 3 points of resistance in a couple of levels doesn't mean much of anything. When on average of 10 levels you get one point increase, why should it have to happen exactly on the 10th level and cannot happen on the first two levels, then does not happen for for the remainder to average out. And the rest as I said aren't out of place either with reclasses (chosen as they have been so far).

Oh come on, seriously? The most important stat for Catria hasnt proc'd in 2 levels in a row (which is Str at 50% growth) but suddenly, im rigging because she got 2 points of def/res in a row? lol, is all I have to say to that. As for Luke, his growths as pirate: 130% HP, 75% Str, 0% Mag, 40% Skl, 70% Spd, 40% Lck, 25% Def, 0% Res. That hp. 75% Str is crazy and its obviously going to proc most levels. 70% spd is almost the same as FE11 caeda's spd growth, which procs more often than not. As for Marth, he has the Maturity Drop which makes his growths: 110% HP 70% Str 75% Skl 75% Spd 90% Lck 40% Def 15% Res. He proc'd +2 Hp and res in chapter 1 IIRC. But the other stats are to be expected with these growths. :/

Anyway, Im kinda stuck in Chapter 4. I already know what I must do. (Rescue Marth, recruit Castor, recruit sirius and make the axe guys split up so they dont kill everyone in sirius's group). But the guys pack so much MT, that its downright ridiculous. They all have 30 MT or more, while the hunters have 22 MT which is still pretty threatening. I might have to rescue Seraph Robe My Unit over to help Sirius' group. And all my characters have to chug RP, including Sirius mid chapter...